Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 23-3-15

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

CSF wrote: »
    Not paying it. WWE doesn't deserve my money after the contempt it's shown the hardcore fans over the last year and every time we buy anyway we further their inclination to do so. We're their guaranteed mealticket who they don't feel like they have to impress anymore.

I'll stream it the next morning like I would Raw on a Tuesday morning.

Why don't you just not watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Enjoyed that go home show. Thought Bray Wyatts promo was excellent.

Rusev destroying Cena excites me for the match, really looking forward to that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know that episode at least made me curious about chicken fries
    I can't lie, I wanna try them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

What the f*** was that ending on Raw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

martyos121 wrote: »
    I reckon the vast majority will be paying a fairly modest fee for up to 6 hours of well-produced entertainment in high definition, but that's just my opinion. Every year the build isn't great, I hear all this "yeah I'll just stream it this year" and they're nearly always the ones that pay the 25 quid. I think the network has made streaming sites far less popular due to the value and quality of it.

Of course, there will always be people availing of the 100% discount, but that number has rapidly dropped in the last 13 months.
    Source please...

I for one wont be paying for this poor (on paper) wrestlemania. If its extremely good I may get it on blueray or whatever in the future however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just watched Raw. Thought the stream ended too soon and was raging. Feel worse for reading this thread and now knowing they meant to end it like that. #RIPWWE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Just watched Raw. Thought the stream ended too soon and was raging. Feel worse for reading this thread and now knowing they meant to end it like that. #RIPWWE
    Yeah, it was quite jarring cause it just... stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I really think that they should have had Reigns just hand it back to him and say "we'll see Sunday", it was very school yard

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tugboats wrote: »
    Why don't you just not watch it?

The same reason ive been watching Raw, ive been watching years and like it immensely when it's good. Not enough of it has been good lately.

Id be pretty pissed if I hadnt watched Survivor Series that Monday morning though.

The same reason ive been watching Raw, ive been watching years and like it immensely when it's good. Not enough of it has been good lately.

Id be pretty pissed if I hadnt watched Survivor Series that Monday morning though.

Do you pre judge all ppvs and decide which ones you think are worth paying for or how does it work?

• Advertisement

Do you pre judge all ppvs and decide which ones you think are worth paying for or how does it work?

Pretty much. Royal Rumble I took the day off work the day after for and all and made an evening of it with a few others. If WWE even attempted to make their fans happy Id have a Network subscription all year round.

If you're paying them money for them to feed you **** because they know you'll eat it, you're in less position to complain IMO, because they're more concerned with bringing in extra casual fans than placating the hardcore fans who will buy even when disgruntled.

Pretty much. Royal Rumble I took the day off work the day after for and all and made an evening of it with a few others. If WWE even attempted to make their fans happy Id have a Network subscription all year round.

If you're paying them money for them to feed you **** because they know you'll eat it, you're in less position to complain IMO, because they're more concerned with bringing in extra casual fans than placating the hardcore fans who will buy even when disgruntled.

You're paying to but just less as you come and go abit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Personally I pay them money for the library, documentaries and also NXT. Don't bother watching most PPVs live and just watch them the next day when I can flick through them. Still think it's good value at $9.99.

You're paying to but just less as you come and go abit

Not really. If I was going to pay for it regularly (because they were actually making an effort) Id just purchase the Network.

We haven't had the Network too long so there's not been a huge sample size to go off in terms of the value of that compared to buying individual PPVs, particularly with FastLane being on regular Sky.

If WWE manage to pull me out of just watching their PPVs the next morning, I'll make a Network purchase. But after everything that's gone on since Rumble Im not gonna add myself to the list of what they would consider satisfied customers.

Remember the #cancelthenetwork thing that went around the morning after Rumble. Imagine what might have happened if lots of people actually did that and it became more than a 1 or 2 day trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's the story with payoffs and the Network now? I know CM Punk talked about this a little bit and his concerns on diminishing returns for the boys, but how's the idea of the Network being sold to the talent? Right now there's an incongruity between the idea that the WWE don't care because of the Network and it's assured revenue stream, and reality because PPV buyrates are still a thing. Even beyond that, the Network is far from assured revenue but it looks as though the WWE are confident that it's so cheap that even disgruntled fans will continue to pay as it offers a lot of content.

Supposing the Network becomes THE way to watch WWE programming and they pull out of pretty much all traditional broadcasting, how would they know or decide who's a draw? Would being a draw even matter anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RAW should have ended with Lesnar & Reigns going at it so hard that the whole locker room comes out to break them up.

Make the fans want to pay to see what happens with them when they me at WM.

briany wrote: »
    What's the story with payoffs and the Network now? I know CM Punk talked about this a little bit and his concerns on diminishing returns for the boys, but how's the idea of the Network being sold to the talent? Right now there's an incongruity between the idea that the WWE don't care because of the Network and it's assured revenue stream, and reality because PPV buyrates are still a thing. Even beyond that, the Network is far from assured revenue but it looks as though the WWE are confident that it's so cheap that even disgruntled fans will continue to pay as it offers a lot of content.

Supposing the Network becomes THE way to watch WWE programming and they pull out of pretty much all traditional broadcasting, how would they know or decide who's a draw? Would being a draw even matter anymore?

I think they're likely to keep PPVs as a thing, milk the casual fan who'll maybe just buy Wrestlemania or Summerslam a year, or those who don't put enough thought into the maths of it.

Also, I think house shows are their key measure of who is a draw.

I think they're likely to keep PPVs as a thing, milk the casual fan who'll maybe just buy Wrestlemania or Summerslam a year, or those who don't put enough thought into the maths of it.

You do know that they tell people not to buy the ppvs don't you?

You do know that they tell people not to buy the ppvs don't you?

Because it suits them better, but that doesn't mean people will do it. And they know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

House shows would be a good measure from a live perspective, but it could mean little when it comes to putting on televised events. I mean they'd know who's a draw, but we're f*cked if they just want to play egos and ignore all that. Then again, they're pretty much doing that now....

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    House shows would be a good measure from a live perspective, but it could mean little when it comes to putting on televised events. I mean they'd know who's a draw, but we're f*cked if they just want to play egos and ignore all that. Then again, they're pretty much doing that now....
    They seem to use casual fans as their key demographic, they're the ones who are gonna pay money they wouldn't otherwise get.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm just after thinking, Raw went past its usual end time last night and the ending seemed very abrupt, perhaps they were planning a bit more physicality between Lesnar and Reigns and the TV network put pressure on them to wrap it up? I'm probably giving them far too much credit but it's a possibility that Ziggler and Bryan overran slightly (although if anything, they deserved even more time).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

EDIT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

SlickRic wrote: »
    on top of Vince being desperate to launch one final megastar before he goes, i genuinely think they got spooked at the Royal Rumble.

before that Reigns' booking was simple. it's only since the Rumble that it's gotten really terrible. it's like it's being completely overthought.

just have him keep beating people and say next to fúck all. easy.

I dunno about that...
    suffering succotash

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it was mentioned here and I skipped it, but what happened when Raw went off the air? How was it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is a WWE Network subscription in Ireland a one month rolling contract or are you tied into a six month subscription?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is a WWE Network subscription in Ireland a one month rolling contract or are you tied into a six month subscription?

Rolling. Can cancel at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it was mentioned here and I skipped it, but what happened when Raw went off the air? How was it resolved?

The belt dropped to the ground. Then Reigns and Lesnar just left.

Advertisement