Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 23-3-15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hope it's just a bad bruise/dead leg and nothing broken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, it didn't look too bad but it's hard to tell really.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Heyman to Brock: "It's time"

They're really teasing the hell out of a UFC deal lol.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

F**k off, FBD! I'm too young to be worrying about home insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was so dumb to see them all scrapping on the ladder to get the title when the actual match is on Sunday. I know the purpose was to give fans a teaser of what to expect but it made absolutely no sense for these guys to be putting themselves at risk for nothing really.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

vJG66wW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's it?

....what.

They literally could not have ended the show any worse. That was fcuking pathetic tbh.

Wut? O_o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Really good show but the "fighting like little girls" ending and the Bray Wyatt promo were SO lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

You could tell they muted the crowd during his entrance.

That may be the single most ridiculous ending to a Raw that's ever existed.

They went to black on a bloody tug of war with the belt, AND THIS IS THE LAST RAW BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It was so dumb to see them all scrapping on the ladder to get the title when the actual match is on Sunday. I know the purpose was to give fans a teaser of what to expect but it made absolutely no sense for these guys to be putting themselves at risk for nothing really.

Well why not just give the fans what they would've wanted then?

It's like this entire Lesnar vs. Reigns feud is one giant middle finger to the fans. The Heyman promos were great but when you have Brock appearing on Raw 3 or 4 times before Mania, and all we get is a fecking tug-of-war over the title, that's lazy, uninspired booking.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I remember watching the Raw before WM17 and Stone Cold and The Rock, who hadn't had really an active feud since Austin returned, were storming at each other backstage with the roster holding them back. It was so intense and real, these two monster babyfaces finally going at it in the biggest match since they last went at it and you could really feel how important it was. There was electricity and so many people sucked into to it. Now, theres this. Two guys posing for a photo op and the only guy that shows any passion or emotion is the heel manager.

The worst thing, I don't really care who wins that match, and that kills me going into Wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Angron wrote: »
    That may be the single most ridiculous ending to a Raw that's ever existed.

They went to black on a bloody tug of war with the belt, AND THIS IS THE LAST RAW BEFORE WRESTLEMANIA.

This Wrestlemania is shaping up to be one of the best I feel, nobody has any idea what to expect with a lot of the big match ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The closing image of the last RAW before the biggest PPV of the year was of the champ and challenger both acting,like two five year olds with the belt.

That was beyond a doubt a pathetic way to end any Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Really, whatever way you look at it, it's not even that Reigns hasn't done his fair share of the workload at building Mania this year, it's that they haven't even shown the slightest bit of trust in letting him try. Absolutely bizarre to be giving the biggest push of any wrestler this side of Brock Lesnar himself to a guy that they don't seem to believe is capable of just about anything other than being all brooding and cool looking.

• Advertisement

The play fighting build over the Undisputed and IC titles on that show was amazing.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's like this entire Lesnar vs. Reigns feud is one giant middle finger to the fans. The Heyman promos were great but when you have Brock appearing on Raw 3 or 4 times before Mania, and all we get is a fecking tug-of-war over the title, that's lazy, uninspired booking.

Yeah Heyman is such a good talker ... one of the all-time best.

jebforever wrote: »
    This Wrestlemania is shaping up to be one of the best I feel, nobody has any idea what to expect with a lot of the big match ups.
    I don't think I could disagree more. I don't know how anyone could argue that point in anything resembling a serious way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

jebforever wrote: »
    Well why not just give the fans what they would've wanted then?

I don't understand what you mean.

As regards the ending, I found it extremely lame and disappointing. Reigns needed to speak here right to Brock's face like he did on the Raw after the Rumble. He needed to answer the stuff said by Heyman.

I've seen tipsy relatives having a more menacing tug of war over a Christmas cracker than Reigns and Lesnar did over the title.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Just watching the promo for Trips vs Sting ... you can feel the Raw intensity between the pair. It's set up nicely for the bout we've all been waiting for ... Sting versus Taker.

I always believed that Wrestlemania built itself, such is the grandeur and scale of the event.

One again, Vince McMahon goes absolutely out of his way to explicitly prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I don't think I could disagree more. I don't know how anyone could argue that point in anything resembling a serious way.

Curse of the optimist, I suppose. Common sense would dictate that the Wrestlemania build has been so bare-bones that they'd surely do something bat-**** leftfield to make up for that.

However, I wouldn't even dream of making that argument. Not to be too broadly smarky, but some of WWE's greatest surpises are those in which you're convinced they could not disappoint you any further, yet, somehow, some way, they do.

I don't understand what you mean.

As regards the ending, I found it extremely lame and disappointing. Reigns needed to speak here right to Brock's face like he did on the Raw after the Rumble. He needed to answer the stuff said by Heyman.

I've seen tipsy relatives having a more menacing tug of war over a Christmas cracker than Reigns and Lesnar did over the title.
    Could not agree more. Saying anything would have been better than what we got.

Also, bravo on the Christmas cracker line :D

• Advertisement

Isn't the whole point of the industry to entertain the fans? The booking may have been a bit sloppy for the House shows but come Wrestlemania on the grandest stage of them all, legends will be made and I feel all the stars will align on the night. Trust me on this, WM 31 will NOT disappoint. Vince won't want it to either on the 30th anniversary of the first event. Looking at it on the grand scheme of things, it's kinda obvious the WWE Universe wants a Sting Taker feud which will probably happen at Survivor Series starting with the Authority.

Advertisement