Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC M9 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

wonski wrote: »
    Did you check network settings? I know it sounds like silly questions but simple solutions often work.
    I did. The "preferred network mode" is set to 2G/3G/4G auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

blueser wrote: »
    I did. The "preferred network mode" is set to 2G/3G/4G auto.

I meant the actual network settings for Vodafone.

APN should be live.vodafone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

wonski wrote: »
    I meant the actual network settings for Vodafone.

APN should be live.vodafone.com
    Yes, I asked that here;

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057476872

You see the answer I was given. In the vodafone store they filled in a few more fields, so I now have:
    Name: Vodafone Internet
    APN: live.vodafone.com
    Proxy: 10.24.59.100
    Port: 80
    Username: Dublin
    Password: Dublin
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: Notset
    MMS Proxy: Not set
    MMS Port: Not set
    MMS Protocol: WAP2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 01
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: default
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled (in faint type)
    Bearer: Unspecified

I'm assuming those must be correct as they were dictated over the phone to the assistant in the shop. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Anyone had an issue with the vibration not working on the M9? Got the phone about 3 weeks ago and usually have it on loud but only noticed in the last few days the vibration mode doesnt work.

Ran the vibration diagnostic test and still no joy.

Will have to return it now :(

Anyone had an issue with the vibration not working on the M9? Got the phone about 3 weeks ago and usually have it on loud but only noticed in the last few days the vibration mode doesnt work.

Ran the vibration diagnostic test and still no joy.

Will have to return it now :(

I know of 3 different people that have had to return M9 due to dead vibration motors. Did the test say it was dead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

After 3 days in there is a crack on my camera lens. A perfectly straight vertical crack . It didn't fall and I've been extremely careful (since uts new)

Only thing I can think of is yesterday I watched a film and noticed it got very hot. So hot I turned the film off until it cooled.

Today I noticed the crack. It's not affecting pics yet as it is not in the centre. It's about 75% of the way across

This happen to anyone? Seems to have happened to a few in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Not likely it's to do with heat. Either user damage or factory fault. But HTC are quite good at looking after such issues. Get in touch with them

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Not likely it's to do with heat. Either user damage or factory fault. But HTC are quite good at looking after such issues. Get in touch with them

Thanks for reply. Def not user damage as its only new and I've been very careful. It never fell or banged anywhere. TBH it could have been there from day one and I only just noticed and associated how hot it got

Will get onto HTC

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I see that HTC have updated the M9. Called the One M9+ Aurora Edition. No real change to the hardware except for the camera.

A bump from 20 to 21MP, optical image stabilization and with laser autofocus.

I see that HTC have updated the M9. Called the One M9+ Aurora Edition. No real change to the hardware except for the camera.

A bump from 20 to 21MP, optical image stabilization and with laser autofocus.

It's actually called the M9+ Supreme Camera Edition (I know, Aurora would have been better). Highly doubt we will ever see it in these parts. HTC's strategy is bizarre, am seriously giving up on them.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-m9-plus-supreme-camera-645189/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

They should have given it a catchier name... something like the Super Awesome Ultra Mega Supreme Camera Edition *sigh*

Still interested... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

anyone any idea when HTC will bring out a new M version?

have an S5 at the minute but interested in switching to HTC, don't wanna buy the M9 now for it to be out of date in a few months though?

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    anyone any idea when HTC will bring out a new M version?

have an S5 at the minute but interested in switching to HTC, don't wanna buy the M9 now for it to be out of date in a few months though?

They are releasing a device on October 20th which will run android M. It's not a flagship though, more midrange.

The M8 and M9 will both receive marshmallow before the end of the year, according to an announcement by HTC a few days ago.

Their next flagship won't come out until March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hi guys,

Where's the cheapest place to get this phone?
    Either SIM Free online or decent bill (30-40 per month) in Ireland.

Would I be better waiting until February?

Thanks.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Where's the cheapest place to get this phone?
    Either SIM Free online or decent bill (30-40 per month) in Ireland.

Would I be better waiting until February?

Thanks.

If you're waiting until February, then you might as well wait until March/April when the M10 is out.

If you're buying now, I would get the M8. Overall, it's as least as good, and it is receiving Marshmallow before the M9 (being pushed out to unbranded devices today).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I always buy sim free, cheaper in the long run for me. Have a look on DoneDeal I bought my M9 there and got receipts from seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it worth buying the official HTC fast charger ???.

My phone had a faulty USB port and it got fixed but the phone still gets extremely hot when I'm using it

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is it worth buying the official HTC fast charger ???.

My phone had a faulty USB port and it got fixed but the phone still gets extremely hot when I'm using it

You don't need to buy official, just a certified Qualcomm 2.0 charger.

I think they are good, but HTC hasn't got quick charging anywhere near as well optimised as Samsung.

Do you mean you phone gets hot when using it in general, or when using it when it's connected to a charger? You shouldn't use your phone when it's charging, especially if you're quick charging.

For the record, I'm currently running a marshmallow ROM, and it seems to run generally pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I use a quickcharge 2 charger with my M9 and it has been brilliant. I cant remember the timing but i think it was going up 2% per min for the first 60%

It rarely gets hot anymore except when i am using it and charging at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I use a fast charger and no problems.
    How are people finding new Marshmallow update, any problems yet?

• Advertisement

My HTC M9 just randomly turned off and stated rebooting last night and it keeps doing it.

I pressed the two volume buttons and power button together and get a option to:
    Reboot
    Reboot to Bootloader
    Boot to Download Mode
    Boot to Recovery Mode
    Power Down

I selected Boot to Recovery Mode and all that happens is there is an image of a phone on the screen with a red triangle and exclamation mark. Then the phone just continues to reboot with the white screen coming up with the HTC logo.

Any idea what I can do to get phone back working?

Just seems to have packed in.

Thanks

My HTC M9 just randomly turned off and stated rebooting last night and it keeps doing it.

I pressed the two volume buttons and power button together and get a option to:
    Reboot
    Reboot to Bootloader
    Boot to Download Mode
    Boot to Recovery Mode
    Power Down

I selected Boot to Recovery Mode and all that happens is there is an image of a phone on the screen with a red triangle and exclamation mark. Then the phone just continues to reboot with the white screen coming up with the HTC logo.

Any idea what I can do to get phone back working?

Just seems to have packed in.

Thanks

So you can't get to recovery at all? If you can get to recovery, I'd try wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then factory reset from recovery.

Basil3 wrote: »
    So you can't get to recovery at all? If you can get to recovery, I'd try wiping cache. If that doesn't work, then factory reset from recovery.

Ok I managed to figure out how to get into the wipe cache option and wiped it. It the gave me an option to reboot which I did and now it just seems to keep rebooting like previously :(

Ok I managed to figure out how to get into the wipe cache option and wiped it. It the gave me an option to reboot which I did and now it just seems to keep rebooting like previously :(

You might have to try factory reset then.... you'll lose all your data, though

You might have to try factory reset then.... you'll lose all your data, though

I did a factory reset and it now is just frozen on the white HTC android screen.

Any other ideas?

I did a factory reset and it now is just frozen on the white HTC android screen.

Any other ideas?

How long has it been frozen for? It can stay there for a long time.

It would still be under warranty, so I'd contact wherever you bought it, or HTC.

How long has it been frozen for? It can stay there for a long time.

It would still be under warranty, so I'd contact wherever you bought it, or HTC.

I think I bought it under 2 years ago.

It was frozen for about 15 mins, should I have left it for longer?

Thanks

I think I bought it under 2 years ago.

It was frozen for about 15 mins, should I have left it for longer?

Thanks

It can take that long for something to happen after a full reset sometimes. There's other things you could try to get it working, but I wouldn't risk invalidating your warranty. The M9 came out just under 2 years ago, so you're definitely fine for warranty. I'd just get onto it ASAP.

It might also help if you join HTC elevate. They have a premium support channel which means you should get looked after a bit better.

https://elevate.htc.com/authentication/register

It can take that long for something to happen after a full reset sometimes. There's other things you could try to get it working, but I wouldn't risk invalidating your warranty. The M9 came out just under 2 years ago, so you're definitely fine for warranty. I'd just get onto it ASAP.

It might also help if you join HTC elevate. They have a premium support channel which means you should get looked after a bit better.

https://elevate.htc.com/authentication/register

Thanks, I am onto 3 mobile who my contract is with and phone got through. Contract is over so just on a rolling contract.

Should I go through 3 or through HTC directly myself?

I tried to sign up for HTC Elevate, they said its by invitation only. I will send an email address anyway to them.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I am onto 3 mobile who my contract is with and phone got through. Contract is over so just on a rolling contract.

Should I go through 3 or through HTC directly myself?

Try 3, they might just tell you to contact HTC.

Advertisement