Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Balance Entitlement

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Cannot agree with this enough. If this happened to me I would never use that company again. I would also make sure all of my contacts through online/social media etc knew of the companies practice. As far as I am concerned just because you can legally get away with it does not make it right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Melendez wrote: »
    Well then that isn't dishonest sharp practice.

I think you should distinguish between a discount voucher and a normal gift voucher.

With a discounted voucher you are quite entitled to put restrictions on the spend, it is up to the buyer/receiver to determine if the voucher still offers value given the restrictions.

A non-discounted voucher is merely a prepayment for a product and the seller should treat the holder in at least the same manner as a cash customer.

I suppose it depends on the language you use as all my gift vouchers are discounted while I offer cash vouchers which are not discounted but you get the full amount and if not change in the form of a new voucher.

I do think it's really bad business to not honour the full amount that's been paid.

Advertisement