Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you should know before getting married...

Options
  • 19-03-2015 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

Poor saps are getting married before their one month dating anniversary...

Doubt they know what they are in for...

Any advice for my friend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You need three months notice. You might want to tell them that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

"What's yours is mine and what's mine is my own"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Has she any near dead wealthy relatives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

...your other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Know what you're missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If their relationship isn't working out, tell them to have a baby. Babies solve everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    If their relationship isn't working out, tell them to have a baby. Babies solve everything.

Helps with extra rock and roll and a free council house for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Record the snoring, the farts will show up themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

How to do d Roidin

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Does she swallow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What night which bin goes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Check for crabs

How much debt they have, and whether it falls under the 'everything is ours now' banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Get the book on 'One upping the neighbours for beginners'. Good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Take a long hard look at her mother, and observe her personality very closely. If he asks why, just clatter him and tell him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Congratulations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Genetic test to confirm she's not a reptilian shafeshifter illuminati figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Everyone thought I was mad, engaged after 6 months and married 4 months later. Only moved in together after the honeymoon.

Destined for doom apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Make sure you have an ample sized garden shed. You will be spending a lot of your spare time in there, scratching your head wondering where it all went wrong. Also it is a good idea to stash a sleeping bag in there, for those cold winter nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Miall108 wrote: »
    Does she swallow

Not for much longer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Even when they do get married, they'll still never know as much about it as single 20-somethings on the internet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Organise somewhere to put the mistress - she'll be needed

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nodin wrote: »
    Take a long hard look at her mother, and observe her personality very closely. If he asks why, just clatter him and tell him again.
    That's only part of it.

For either gender, find out where they see themselves living and settling down, and not in the "if you had a million euro" kind of way, but in the more realistic way if you were able to make reasonable money anywhere.

If the answer is, "as close to my parents as possible", "next door to my parents", or "I'm going to build a house on my parents' land", then run, run very fast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You do know what the anni is for in anniversary right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ruu wrote: »
    Get the book on 'One upping the neighbours for beginners'. Good read.

I've a better one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Everyone thought I was mad, engaged after 6 months and married 4 months later. Only moved in together after the honeymoon.

So how long are you back from honeymoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Chances are your wife doesn't actually find you sexual attractive, you are a good little boy who will do what he's told. Meanwhile there is a significant chance your wife will ride men on the side that she does find attractive.

What in the? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

A man is out playing golf and insists one of his buddies come back for dinner.

When they arrive the place is a mess. The kids are running riot. Toys are spread all over the carpet. The breakfast things are unwashed on the breakfast table.

The man's wife is spread out on the couch watching TV, smoking a cigarette and drinking a glass of wine.

As the two men enter the man says "This is Tom, he's staying for dinner."
    The wife says "Why did you bring someone back here, you lowlife piece of $hit?"

The man answers
    "Because, he's thinking of getting married."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In more innocent times, a very very naieve young man was about to get married and he asked his father for some advice. The father decided to be funny. Son, be very careful of that girl. I've heard the women in her family have a very unusual problem with their vaginas. What is it said the son? Well they contain teeth.

A few weeks later the Bride arrived home from honeymoon and visited her mother. The poor girl was devastated. Mum, he never touched me on our honeymoon. I'm still a virgin. The mother asked why and her daughter told her that her new husband was convinced she had teeth in her vagina. That's stupid carry on altogether the mother said. When he comes home from work tonight, make sure there's a big steak on the table for him and then after that bring him to bed and show him the time of his life. I can't the daughter says. I'm having my period. Don't be silly says the mother. Just tell him you got your teeth out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PandaPoo wrote: »

Destined for doom! Confused.
    Did they think you were going to split up or stay together?

Advertisement