Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle tuition

Options
  • 18-03-2015 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Is there any where you can go and spend a hour or two or get regular lessons or help/advice on rifle shooting. Stuff like scope set up, zeroing, and problem solving in all these areas. I have been shotgunning so to say for 20 years now and now have a rifle, I have read miles and miles of stuff on rifles but I have dyslexia so I can't get it sink in would love to go and be face to face with someone who can talk me through it. I'm in East meath so somewhere near by would be good.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭clivej

I've sent you a message with more details

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

Where are you based Tikka? Many of the shooting ranges around the country will over you tuition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Is there any where you can go and spend a hour or two or get regular lessons or help/advice on rifle shooting. Stuff like scope set up, zeroing, and problem solving in all these areas. I have been shotgunning so to say for 20 years now and now have a rifle, I have read miles and miles of stuff on rifles but I have dyslexia so I can't get it sink in would love to go and be face to face with someone who can talk me through it. I'm in East meath so somewhere near by would be good.
    Many thanks

I'm not too far from Navan, drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

clivej wrote: »
    I've sent you a message with more details

Would appreciate some info also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Come on, share the secret.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Many thanks
    If you find it difficult to get it to sink in when reading ,there are some very good videos on youtube ,they might be easier for you to pick up bits and pieces but noting will beat being actually shown and practicing for your self.Plenty of lads on here that are members of ranges and will only be too happy to guide you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭clivej

Would appreciate some info also.
    Cass wrote: »
    Come on, share the secret.

Just saying to get to Harbour House and make arrangements to meet up. I'd be happy to take people through the basics, and more in a safe environment.
    50m ranges are plenty long enough (100m on the way) for any kind of tuition using a .22lr rifle. The same basics carry over to centerfire rifles.

It should also be noted they run courses for woman only as well.

Advertisement