Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inquiry into Foxrock's December run at Punchestown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

mod edit: <snip> Please do not make comments like that again. He has been cleared of wrongdoing, so comments like that cannot be entertained.

Ted Walsh has just been cleared of any wrongdoing whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Brilliant logic there, Teds clothes were without visable soils so he cant have taken the horse shoes off.. Well I've heard enough, case closed!

I assume this whole thing will not serve as a deterrent but just remind trainers to have an alibi prepared no matter how far fetched

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Brilliant logic there, Teds clothes were without visable soils so he cant have taken the horse shoes off.. Well I've heard enough, case closed!

I assume this whole thing will not serve as a deterrent but just remind trainers to have an alibi prepared no matter how far fetched

And , Lawyer up.

He had an impressive string of witnesses, many of whom were not within the vicinity of the horse ( assuming evidence was based on their experiences of horse shoes falling off etc )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So the horse managed to run 3 miles under testing conditions, do a round of the parade ring with all shoes intact, only for 2 shoes to fall off due to a bucket of water been thrown over them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

So the horse managed to run 3 miles under testing conditions, do a round of the parade ring with all shoes intact, only for 2 shoes to fall off due to a bucket of water been thrown over them?

The farrier should be banned from horse racing if a drop of water cost him to lose two shoes.

Unless I dreamt it wasn't the reason the horse ran so poorly because he "lost his two front shoes" during the race. Then they have a video with him in the unsaddling enclosure with the shoes on and then the water washed away the two shoes the horse obviously went back to find and put on himself.

Rancid, what have Mullins or O Brien got to do with this?

Ted you told us they fell off during the race, now he had them, you ordered him to be stopped and then his shoes fell off cause of a drop of water? I have heard enough, not guilty!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

As usual, the jockey is made the scapegoat.

When he wins "ah , sure, I was only piloting / steering him, ah shure, (bob head) Mr X did a great job placing him for the rest, super fit "

Ah well , give thanks and praise, we will get to enjoy Ted's wit, humour, and insight on RTE for years to come. Can't wait to learn about who else changed Katie's nappy , or made dinner for young Ruby.

Two furlongs into a race, when nothing is really happening, "So , Ted, how do you think they are getting on"

"ah , yeah, they would be all happy with their place " (only for the back marker to be bouncing on his horse to get him moving , lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

"Rubys mount is running a bit keener than he'd like but id say he's happy enough to let him off/hold him up"

He uses that at least once a race, ive been fairly confident he hasnt even been watching the race a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Would there have been the same response if it were it was a lower profiled trainer in question?.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Segment on Ted Walsh and Foxrock on Off The Ball tonight.. I'm sure it will be podcast pretty soon...

All talk of the jockey having the interest of the "welfare of the horse" foremost in his mind, after it supposedly took a stumble earlier in the race... It's a pretty grubby affair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 senorG

The full decsision is worth a read:

http://www.turfclub.ie/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3759:foxrock-referral-decision&catid=45:referrals-a-appeals&Itemid=173

It doesn't look like the total whitewash I was expecting... Aiden O'Briens evidence was rejected in favour of the vets for instance.

Turf clubs case seemed v strong

Michael McDowell was defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

senorG wrote: »
    The full decsision is worth a read:

http://www.turfclub.ie/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3759:foxrock-referral-decision&catid=45:referrals-a-appeals&Itemid=173

It doesn't look like the total whitewash I was expecting... Aiden O'Briens evidence was rejected in favour of the vets for instance.

Turf clubs case seemed v strong

Michael McDowell was defending.
    That is just damning!

Read this bit.
    The loss of two shoes otherwise than in running is sufficiently rare that it was entirely reasonable that Mr Smith would not have encountered an instance of this, even during a lengthy career. His evidence was that he had never come across a situation where two front shoes were lost between the times a horse left the parade ring and subsequent presentation for a veterinary examination.
    Rotten, rotten, rotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

"Ruby has his boy in a nice pozzy, plenty horse under him but they're all happy enough at this point".

Ted Walsh is an utter buffoon, I reckon during racing he's stuffing his fat face & the RTE boys just replay old sentences he has said down through the years. He adds absolutely nothing to the analysis on RTE which is fairly grim at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Would there have been the same response if it were it was a lower profiled trainer in question?.......

A lower profiled trainer would have had the book thrown at him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I see Heskin got a 6 day ban for this ride

Advertisement