Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocs Beers! Some time in late May!

Options
  • 18-03-2015 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Hello all!

So, let's get this started! In an earlier thread some people said they have exams so the handiest time for most would be late May! We can get to deciding a weekend once we decide a location! So, the way I see it is that we have a few choices for places to have the beers
    • Dublin
    • Galway
    • Cork
    • Athlone (middle of the country)
    • Belfast
    • Limerick

I'd say Dublin might be handiest (Public transport, hotels, hostels etc) but I'll leave it up to you fine folks to say where ye would like it!

Where should the beers be? 9 votes

Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Galway
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dublin!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Buffalo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Buffalo!

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo, buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's not going to be Buffalo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm all right with either Dublin or Galway I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

c9acef6ec28e5e23f68fd72dc12e6c92571fc7d07878af6fc74cfa9029705da0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

buffalo or galway

c9acef6ec28e5e23f68fd72dc12e6c92571fc7d07878af6fc74cfa9029705da0.jpg
    Of course you can TP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Of course you can TP!

Excellent, i can drive you up and back too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Doubt I will have funds but won't rule it out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

I'm pretty easy really! Either dublin, cork or limerick would suit me. Late may is perfect timing for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have a CPD weekend the weekend of the 23rd and 24th so that weekend would be out for me... I don't know if I'll be able to make it tbh, money is really tight. :(

I have a CPD weekend the weekend of the 23rd and 24th so that weekend would be out for me... I don't know if I'll be able to make it tbh, money is really tight. :(
    We can do it the next weekend Paws!

mrkiscool2 wrote:
    We can do it the next weekend Paws!
    Weekend after is Mini Marathon.. I'll see what I can do, money is gonna be an issue though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weekends are terrible for me, but if it falls my way i'll certainly try to go.. Don't mind where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Haven't posted in here in a while, but if timing suits could I go?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

All nocs and their friends are welcome

Totally! Anyone can go! We aren't a clique or anything, we are all people who are going out not really knowing each other for a few pints!

So Dublin and Galway were the most common places suggested so that's what the poll options are! Have a vote, 2 weeks until the poll closes!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If I can make it, Dubland would suit better for transport means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

Late May I shall be in Buffalo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Late May I shall be in Buffalo :D

you off to meet wolfie.

We may add Buffalo to the location list.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

Late May I'll be either invading Germany or attending a wedding, depending on the weekend...........

Well once we have decided on the location I'm going to stick up a few weekends from mid-May to mid-June, late May just seemed the most popular on the Lair thread!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Inclined to say Dublin seeing as the last Galway beers had two of us show up.

I only remembered earlier that I'm going to Foo Fighters on the 30th so I'll have to see what date you guys choose..

Alright so it seems like Dublin is the spot we are heading. So what dates suit best for everyone? Going to stick up 5 weekends so just decide which is easiest for ye! Whatever works best for most people is what we shall go with.

15th/16th of May
    22nd/23rd of May
    29th/30th of May
    5th/6th of June
    12th/13th of June

So whatever works. Need to know the weekend by the 25th at the earliest so I can get stuff sorted!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

30th of May suits best for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

the first two dates in may suit me, I don't mind which of them. I'll be going to London in june and then a wedding so the other ones don't suit

• Advertisement

I'm currently seeing about going to England in June for rasslin', so I'll see if I can do that before I commit to anything date-wise here.

Advertisement