Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traditional After Hours " Look at these Feckin Eejits" thread.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I feel somewhat vindicated for the thread title now.

I've been dipping in and out of it since posting it almost 16 hours ago and went for a jar in one of the pubs featured in the Galway webcam. No hassle in the pub, but there was an awful uneasy feeling outside it for a while.

Seeing young ones in their teens swigging out of naggins down Ryan's archway just to get as hammered as quickly as possible really saddened me.

Witnessing young fellas roaring into the faces of total strangers as they walked passed for no reason whatsoever really angered me.

Why can't people just get happy drunk in their own time when they're out anymore ? Because there's nothing wrong with that at all once in a while if it doesn't harm anyone.

Chill out folks. No need to be an eejit with a few drinks.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have come up with a stronger word for the thread title. :(

Maybe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Heard there was trouble in Mullingar tonight which moved on up to the hospital, something about feuding families.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Heard there was trouble in Mullingar tonight which moved on up to the hospital, something about feuding families.

Most unusual.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Fierce drunk fellow just fell flat on his arse there.

Did you see a guy walking up the road in a green onesie ? :eek:

Jeez the state of yer man that just fell, feel queasy just watching him walking

Just had a quick gander at the cams there and gotta say fair balls to the street cleaners in both cities.
    A job well done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Mullingar eh? Feuding eh? That could be any night of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The Abby Road Crossing looks to have a constant supply of idiots walking back and forth.
    Most drivers appear to be completely ignoring them regardless.

kneemos wrote: »
    The Abby Road Crossing looks to have a constant supply of idiots walking back and forth.

What, they just run them over like? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Lapin wrote: »
    What, they just run them over like? :eek:

Not quite,but they do seem to have a very effective microphone. Could almost make out the conversation between three blokes walking by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

kneemos wrote: »

They should be told to Get Back. I mean, it's not a Long And Winding Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I didn't see any drunk people, I was quite surprised. I was out all day at places you'd expect to see underage drinkers. Playground, parade, beaches, fields..I'm really glad to be honest. Normally I see them as early as the afternoon, falling down the street and shouting and screaming.

Even a field where I grew up was empty, and that was notorious for underage drinking on paddy's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

PandaPoo wrote: »

Even a field where I grew up was empty, and that was notorious for underage drinking on paddy's day.

You grew up in a field?

That's rough man.