Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traditional After Hours " Look at these Feckin Eejits" thread.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Tugboats wrote: »
    Who will be assaulted today? I'm going for a French tourist:cool:

Charlie Bird

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jeepers there's a serious scrum there now, imagine what the pubs are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

The streets are actually dangerously packed there now. Been a while since I was in dub on paddy's day (15 yrs). It was busy but never this busy from what I can remember.

IS this a more modern thing or am I just not recollecting well?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

How anyone could say they were actually 'enjoying' themselves there in Temple Bar is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd rather spend a year in a Turkish prison with Russell Brand and Jim Davidson as cellmates than spend five minutes in that hellhole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

It's like a cattle mart for leprechauns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Standing around for ages in a small space with hundreds of people crowding you in, jumping into you, barging into you, while sober due to your beer running out sounds like hell to me.

Eutow wrote: »
    Standing around for ages in a small space with hundreds of people crowding you in, jumping into you, barging into you, while sober due to your beer running out sounds like hell to me.

Still, each to their own, just glad I decided to stay in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Going to be passing the Galway one in about half an hour. Will strip for any Boardsies watching. Plz RT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Eutow wrote: »

Sounds like a typical French/Spanish night out in a Dublin pub so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Had 2 pints in the Quays in Temple Bar at 1pm today. It was getting pretty crowded then. What struck me was the complete lack of Gardai in the area with drunk teenagers and teens openly drinking all over the place. Can only imagine the mayhem now!

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Had 2 pints in the Quays in Temple Bar at 1pm today. It was getting pretty crowded then. What struck me was the complete lack of Gardai in the area with drunk teenagers and teens openly drinking all over the place. Can only imagine the mayhem now!

You did it the right way, get in early and get out, I'd say there will be carnage in there around midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

kfallon wrote: »
    You did it the right way, get in early and get out, I'd say there will be carnage in there around midnight

No doubt we will see the carnage in the tabloids tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Going to be passing the Galway one in about half an hour. Will strip for any Boardsies watching. Plz RT

RT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just clicked on the link to the cam,couple of rows already within the 30 seconds I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Fcukin hell! I just tuned into the OP's link there and it's mayhem. There's a shower of gobsh1tes on the West side of the screen who are lined up doing what my kid's call "The Washing Machine" - basically shoving any poor misfortunate who tries to pass roughly between them and giving a final shove at the end. Seen 4 or 5 folk go flying in the last 2 mins, not a Garda in sight.

What a nightmare. Am from Dublin and never been in Temple bar on Paddy's night. Totally lawless alright :( I must be getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Shrap wrote: »
    Fcukin hell! I just tuned into the OP's link there and it's mayhem. There's a shower of gobsh1tes on the West side of the screen who are lined up doing what my kid's call "The Washing Machine" - basically shoving any poor misfortunate who tries to pass roughly between them and giving a final shove at the end. Seen 4 or 5 folk go flying in the last 2 mins, not a Garda in sight.

What a nightmare. Am from Dublin and never been in Temple bar on Paddy's night. Totally lawless alright :( I must be getting old.

Jesus yeah I've just seen a few people go flying.They will do that to someone they shouldn't and start a fight. Idiots. Anyway looks like my idea of hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Watched the galway one for about 10 mins seen a guy arrested and a couple having a major fight the guy just look so unhappy a lady with flowers came over to sell one to them an he just waved her away while his girlfriend just kept screaming at him poor guy lol

looking at temple bar tonight im glad I stayed local and home early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Reminds me a bit from the game 'Resident Evil'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

WellThen? wrote: »
    Jesus yeah I've just seen a few people go flying.They will do that to someone they shouldn't and start a fight. Idiots. Anyway looks like my idea of hell.

Yup. I heard about "The Washing Machine" after my youngest (1st yr) took offence at being shoved along a corridor in school (why wouldn't he?!) by a bunch of 3rd years and boxed one of them in the nuts. Fights are easily started by numbskulls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Shrap wrote: »
    Fights are easily started by numbskulls.

Especially drunk ones. That will kick off later, as you say, they will do it to the wrong person, or group of people and fists will fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

*goes off to link this Thread to the Proscrastination-Station Thread.* :D:pac:

Havn't been out in like centuries. :/ This is depressing me now! :/ Want to go out now. Gaillimh is uber quiet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Guards chatting up young ones on the Galway cam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Obey.
    Conform.
    Don't question authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Obey.
    Conform.
    Don't question authority.

Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Cant find any good cork city cam's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Terrible definition, cannot make out the faces

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smiley92a

That's one of the most depressing things I've seen in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Welcome to Ireland... One Hundred Thousand Hangovers.

That will be the punishment tomorrow, poor souls.

Advertisement