Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

There is a fella in our office who comes over to my desk and just stands there waiting for me to open the conversation.
    WTF? I don't want to talk to you! How could my distain for all work colleagues have passed you bye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There is a fella in our office who comes over to my desk and just stands there waiting for me to open the conversation.
    WTF? I don't want to talk to you! How could my distain for all work colleagues have passed you bye?

I love leaving people like that hovering like saps :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I love leaving people like that hovering like saps :P

I think I will just pipe music in to my phone headset and sit like that all day. Look like I am on calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People (esp young ones) looking down on other people because they have office jobs. Ooh, I just couldn't work in an office, so boring. I don't know how you can work there, blah blah blah. The generalisation actually annoys me the most, as if all jobs where your workplace is an office were identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

miezekatze wrote: »
    People (esp young ones) looking down on other people because they have office jobs. Ooh, I just couldn't work in an office, so boring. I don't know how you can work there, blah blah blah. The generalisation actually annoys me the most, as if all jobs where your workplace is an office were identical.

Just out of interest, where would they be working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Business Speak

I find the office to be a weird alternative reality. It feels as if I am playing some kind of 3D board game for five days a week. :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Business Speak

Can we come together on this and decide our strategy going forward? :o

Just out of interest, where would they be working?

I think it's mostly young people that aren't working yet that say stuff like that. A lot of young ones these days seem to think the entire world has been waiting for them to launch their blog or online shop or whatever.

I think it's mostly young people that aren't working yet that say stuff like that. A lot of young ones these days seem to think the entire world has been waiting for them to launch their blog or online shop or whatever.

Ah the world will take them down a peg or two when they enter it :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you go into HMV and they have crap DVDs in the classics section. Just because a movie is in black and white doesn't make it 'classic'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I keep thinking it's Thursday. That and somebody I've never met posted some really nasty **** on my facebook page, all because of a private message I sent to someone else. What kind of fcukwit insults someone they've never met about something that doesn't concern them and which they haven't seen, on facebook of all things? Another trivial thing is that I'm tempted to get into a bitch fest with her, but I can't decide whether to take the moral high ground or get down in the sewer and through some **** around. Meh, I'm too old for that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Started a new job today and the person I'm sitting opposite is one of those people who gnaws on their fingers. Keeps stopping to have a look at the damage...then starts picking and chewing again. Mank.

Why can tights not be more comfortable? They are either too itchy, or they make me sweaty, or they won't stay in place. I'd like to wear dresses more often, but it's not going to happen like this. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

whitewave wrote: »
    Started a new job today and the person I'm sitting opposite is one of those people who gnaws on their fingers. Keeps stopping to have a look at the damage...then starts picking and chewing again. Mank.
    Film them with your phone and put it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Why can tights not be more comfortable? They are either too itchy, or they make me sweaty, or they won't stay in place. I'd like to wear dresses more often, but it's not going to happen like this. :(

Would wearing suspenders be better than tights then? You could wear dresses and you wouldn't have to worry about hiking up the tights the whole time then :)

/good deed for the day :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've sore buns from prescription drugs. Ouch!

I keep thinking it's Thursday. That and somebody I've never met posted some really nasty **** on my facebook page, all because of a private message I sent to someone else. What kind of fcukwit insults someone they've never met about something that doesn't concern them and which they haven't seen, on facebook of all things? Another trivial thing is that I'm tempted to get into a bitch fest with her, but I can't decide whether to take the moral high ground or get down in the sewer and through some **** around. Meh, I'm too old for that crap.

I thought it was Thursday too. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Keelin Shanley - I'm sure she's a pleasant person but she just gets on my nerves for some reason

Seven Worlds will Collide

Torches. Could someone make a child proof torch?
    The €25 euro one we bought a few weeks ago is in bits after the 4 year old had to use it in an alleged 'emergency'.

• Advertisement

Torches. Could someone make a child proof torch?
    The €25 euro one we bought a few weeks ago is in bits after the 4 year old had to use it in an alleged 'emergency'.

The rubber ones for builders and that.

Would wearing suspenders be better than tights then? You could wear dresses and you wouldn't have to worry about hiking up the tights the whole time then :)

/good deed for the day :D

You can get suspender tights. They have the stocking legs but no gussett part and the stockings are attached to a piece at the waist. That's not a great description, but they are really good, not the sexiest thing ever but handy in the Summer.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

You can get suspender tights. They have the stocking legs but no gussett part and the stockings are attached to a piece at the waist. That's not a great description, but they are really good, not the sexiest thing ever but handy in the Summer.:)

I wholeheartedly disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iXqWwKamMk

My TA: I cant play guitar nor rock a beard like Billy Gibbons. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Schwiiing wrote: »

Good, lawd! :eek:

Where do I get myself a pair of those sunglasses? :p

Schwiiing wrote: »

They're all wearing suspender belts. These are what I meant by suspender tights.

31i060O%2BmWL._SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

TA, that I don't have a body like those models.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who seem to get louder and more annoying when it's clear that other people are trying to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm still at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Business talk: ' touch base ' or ' link in '

when driving to work in the mornings and if there is even the slightest bit of rain traffic nearly comes to a standstill .. Why do we drive so much slower in the rain ..
    Fair enough be a bit cautious but not that much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

My husband is gone to sleep in the spare room so I don't keep him awake with my violent vomiting and crying.

Is it too much to ask that he stay awake all night making sure I'm ok? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

when driving to work in the mornings and if there is even the slightest bit of rain traffic nearly comes to a standstill .. Why do we drive so much slower in the rain ..
    Fair enough be a bit cautious but not that much

Many drivers have to drive slower in the rain because not everyone drives slow in the rain!
    "wat? explain further Whiskeyman!" :
    A lot of drivers fail to slow down, and are then forced to brake suddenly... causing cars behind them to do the same and continue this 'stop start' progression.
    If everyone were to maintain a good average speed, there'd be very little 'stop / start' and at least we'd be getting places faster!
    But not all drivers are good or smart drivers...

TA - blame culture in work.
    FFS let's just fix things, learn from it and move on! Stop looking for targets!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement