Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My trivial annoyance has to be people who bothered by this. Who cares?

You're one of them aren't you? We'll have to burn you before you lay eggs.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

+1, what's worse is Mothers day cards for Granny.:confused:

I saw a card for "godmother" this year as well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA at April fools. 99.999% of the 'pranks' are just not funny.

You're one of them aren't you? We'll have to burn you before you lay eggs.:p

I'd never leave the house in a dressing gown and I don't even own pyjamas. Why does it bother people so much that other people wear it? People really seem to get mad about it. I just don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'd never leave the house in a dressing gown and I don't even own pyjamas. Why does it bother people so much that other people wear it? People really seem to get mad about it. I just don't get it

I guess that's why it's found it's home in the trivial thread :confused:

It wasn't accepted in the "big serious issues facing our society that everybody understands and appreciates" thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Samsgirl wrote: »
    People who don't move up when the queue moves. Esp when the queue is out the door and it's cold out.

If the queue is out the door then maybe that's fair enough but I get great pleasure when it annoys someone behind me when I don't close the few cms gap that has been created. They can huff and puff and do a little dance behind me and move to within a couple of mm of me but I ain't moving until I am good and ready and it is worth my while!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hello and Welcome to the Trivial Annoyance Thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

I dont get annoyed by people wearing pyjamas in public.
    I dont even get annoyed by people being annoyed by people wearing pyjamas.
    But it does annoy me when people get annoyed by other people being annoyed at people wearing pyjamas in public!

I don't get it...

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I guess that's why it's found it's home in the trivial thread :confused:

It wasn't accepted in the "big serious issues facing our society that everybody understands and appreciates" thread....

Touché

OH headed out to meet a friend last night. I'm in reclining on the sofa in a massive fleece Penney's dressing gown, looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, watching The Supervet in a pms induced emotional meltdown when I hear him arrive home......

.............with his friend.

I don't think I need to expand on why he was nearly made sleep in the shed last night

• Advertisement

Touché

Thank you. I do love a bit of fencing all the same :)

gobo99 wrote: »
    But it does annoy me when people get annoyed by other people being annoyed at people wearing pyjamas in public!

I don't get it...

That's so trivial....get out :P

gobo99 wrote: »

I don't get it...

Oh wait... you're annoyed by people who get annoyed by people who are annoyed by people wearing pyjamas :):pac:

Shampoo in the eyes when showering.

That moment of complete terror when you have a little skid in the shower and your life flashes before your eyes and all you can picture is waking up butt naked, legs akimbo, covered in Lidl shower gel and surrounded by ambulance men and your parents, who arrived to your house and found you unconcious in the shower

When you open a packet of food, in this case lovely little blue cheese biscuits, with the intention of just having one or two and forgetting about them, because you laughably believe you have great willpower, only to find you have demolished the whole packet within a couple of minutes or like me now, are circling the kitchen and eyeing the cupboard like a lion after a wounded gazelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Frankie Valli's vocals

Vel wrote: »
    Shampoo in the eyes when showering.

That moment of complete terror when you have a little skid in the shower and your life flashes before your eyes and all you can picture is waking up butt naked, legs akimbo, covered in Lidl shower gel and surrounded by ambulance men and your parents, who arrived to your house and found you unconcious in the shower

That's why it's always better to get the shaving out of the way first. Happened me last year. Was in the shower when I remembered I had incriminating texts still in my phone. Grabbed a towel and raced down the hall with wet feet. Went árse first. Cue my mother screeching, "cover her with a sheet!" as if my Dad was suddenly going to decide to have some kind of pervy look :rolleyes: TA that I know it was God smiting me for having said texts in the first place....

The moment of panic when you think you've missed the last step....

I think it's because most of the women who do walk around in public places in their pajamas and dressing gowns are on the Dole, often with multiple kids. It's their attitude of being so lazy they can't even scrape together the decency to dress themselves before leaving the house. It feels like a slap in the face to have to subsidise that sort of lazy bitch who is going to sponge off society for the rest of her life. If I had my way they'd all be off their lazy arses and on some sort of courses, don't care in what, just so long as they aren't sitting around getting paid to do nothing but breed.

I think it's because most of the women who do walk around in public places in their pajamas and dressing gowns are on the Dole, often with multiple kids. It's their attitude of being so lazy they can't even scrape together the decency to dress themselves before leaving the house. It feels like a slap in the face to have to subsidise that sort of lazy bitch who is going to sponge off society for the rest of her life.

Which reminds me of another Ta - I was taking the LUAS on a Thursday afternoon a while ago (normally be working but had finished an exam) and was expecting the tram to be empty (being the middle of the day and all that). I couldn't have been more wrong. The Jervis stop was packed with young, able bodied persons well capable I am sure of a days work. What the hell were they doing in the middle of the day? Most of them had buggies and shopping bags and then I remembered - ah hah! Mickey money day :( Well...at least some people in our society can still afford to shop...

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's why it's always better to get the shaving out of the way first. Happened me last year. Was in the shower when I remembered I had incriminating texts still in my phone. Grabbed a towel and raced down the hall with wet feet. Went árse first. Cue my mother screeching, "cover her with a sheet!" as if my Dad was suddenly going to decide to have some kind of pervy look :rolleyes: TA that I know it was God smiting me for having said texts in the first place....

Ha! We're an awfully repressed family in that way. A few months ago my youngest started to grab at my boobs while saying 'are these your boobs mummy?' I've never seen my dad, who was sitting right beside me look so uncomfortable.

I had pneumonia late last year and as I deteriorated at home and thought I was about to die and knew I would need to go to hospital I still found it in me to have that awful realisation that my legs were unshaved and had been so for quite a few days. I actually made a half crawl/half drag across the floor attempt to make it to the shower to have a quick shave before realising I hadn't the energy and resigning myself to my hairy legged fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ha! We're an awfully repressed family in that way. A few months ago my youngest started to grab at my boobs while saying 'are these your boobs mummy?' I've never seen my dad, who was sitting right beside me look so uncomfortable.

^^^ haha! That reminds me of the time I was on the bus with my then 5yr old, and my friend's Dad got on and sat beside us. We were chatting away and my daughter suddenly says " Hey, look what I do to Mammy !", and proceeded to squeeze my boobs and make honking noises . The poor man laughed weakly and an awkward silence ensued :)

It annoys me no end when I'm half blind in the shower, and squeeze out another blob of shampoo, when it was the conditioner I wanted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I was just praising Jebus for the blissful silence when noise started up again. I'm being bounced around on the couch thanks to Thunderfoot downstairs. My ears are bothering me, so the noise might not be as bad as it seems. Sometimes even a whisper can make them go crazy, vibrating like mad. I usually get a bad headache after a while when this happens. I need a hearing test or something. And we live in a pretty old building so it's not the neighbours' fault that the floor shakes so much. They might not even be aware of it. My nieces will be here tomorrow. My dark side wants to let them run around like crazy to annoy the neighbours. My respectful side will win over though, which is annoying :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It has only recently come to my attention that the word "simples", annoying as it is, originates from that blasted insurance ferret thing in the "Compare the Market" advertisements. I hadn't realised this because that kind of crap is nearly always killed with the mute button in our house. For some reason I am not able rightly to apprehend, this trivially annoys me. Grrr! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People whinging, p*ssing and moaning about pubs not being open on Good Friday.

No one seems to complain when pubs aren't open on that other religious festival day....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

73Cat wrote: »
    ...my daughter suddenly says " Hey, look what I do to Mammy !", and proceeded to squeeze my boobs and make honking noises...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

73Cat wrote: »
    proceeded to squeeze my boobs and make honking noises .

Thought they only made those noises in cartoons....

Ditherers at supermarket checkouts. Sweet Lord, I thought I was going to start banging my head against my trolley in frustration. An oul fella with his grandson made so many trips to and fro getting extra items, not too bad until it was his turn to have his items scanned. Not content with holding people up for that length of time, he decided he would start asking for info on all sorts of ****e about his Clubcard.

Clubcard sorted, he had to start fiddling with change and asking questions about fcuk knows what. That done with, he decided he'd reorganise the items he'd packed into the shopping bag, all without moving out of the queue, so everyone was held up in a majorly busy lunch hour. I think most locals who'd shop in Dunnes tomorrow went in today because of the strike tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ditherers at supermarket checkouts. Sweet Lord, I thought I was going to start banging my head against my trolley in frustration. An oul fella with his grandson made so many trips to and fro getting extra items, not too bad until it was his turn to have his items scanned. Not content with holding people up for that length of time, he decided he would start asking for info on all sorts of ****e about his Clubcard.

Clubcard sorted, he had to start fiddling with change and asking questions about fcuk knows what. That done with, he decided he'd reorganise the items he'd packed into the shopping bag, all without moving out of the queue, so everyone was held up in a majorly busy lunch hour. I think most locals who'd shop in Dunnes tomorrow went in today because of the strike tomorrow.

That was like myself yesterday in Dunnes. I was in the queue for the checkout and I was checking something on the phone when a woman cut in front of me from behind because I hadn't moved up in the queue. I wasn't too pushed anyway as she'd only a basket and I wasn't finished on the phone (so I'd more time).

I wished she'd never turned to apologise because as soon as I said "Hey no problem", she began to tell me all about herself and her problems and everything going on in her life. I dunno what it is about my face or my ears that people think it's ok to do that! :confused:

She took an age at the checkout fumbling through her purse, packing away her stuff, another conversation with me while I felt awkward about the whole thing and didn't want to tell her just to feck off, and I felt bad for her then because everyone behind me was tutting and moaning, it was actually easier for me to turn round and say "give her a few minutes lads, it won't kill ye!"... :rolleyes:

Then turned back around and prayed to myself that nobody started a riot :pac:

• Advertisement

Trying to compose a CV. Talk about trying to bump up your life story and explain your stupid decisions.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement