Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do for Paddy's Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Luke92 wrote: »
    Oh fûck off you, absolute wânk stain

:(
    Bit harsh??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Birneybau wrote: »
    No it's not.
    How is the celebration of a Saints Feast day something that's not religious?

Honestly, I'd rather celebrate Arthurs Day. Guinness has probably been a more positive influence on our culture than Catholicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

efb wrote: »
    St Patrick the patron Saint... Nothing to see here folks...

Ok, fair enough but I imagine for most it's just seen as the national day of celebration akin to 4th of July and Kim Jong Il Rules day (which is everyday I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

feamainn wrote: »
    Because I'm young and I wanna

There were no young people in my day....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

March 17th is National Muay Thai Day in Thailand. Do 1000 pushups and then kick a heavy bag for an hour to mark the occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

I'm working tomorrow. I'll wear a green tie with my suit. I can't say I really miss the modern celebration of Saint Patrick's day as practiced by so many Irish people; drinking themselves into a bloody stupor before getting sick on the street.

Dont forget to remove your head from your arse while ur at it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

scwazrh wrote: »
    The joys of being self employed !

No I just feckin love doing VAT returns so I just use receipts I find and pretend its real. I live a crazy life on the edge never know what mad thing I might do next sometimes I make complicated spreadsheets that take hours and don't save them even though the battery on my laptop is down to 3% the friends in my head call me crazy jimmii.

jimmii wrote: »
    No I just feckin love doing VAT returns so I just use receipts I find and pretend its real. I live a crazy life on the edge never know what mad thing I might do next sometimes I make complicated spreadsheets that take hours and don't save them even though the battery on my laptop is down to 3% the friends in my head call me crazy jimmii.
    I really hope this is true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

:(
    Bit harsh??

Well deserved. I'll take red cards all day.

Well deserved. I'll take red cards all day.

I taught two fairly harmless....I don't see the need to be going around Abusing people tbh

If you ever find yourself getting annoyed on the Internet....its time to turn it off and walk away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

I taught two fairly harmless....I don't see the need to be going around Abusing people tbh

If you ever find yourself getting annoyed on the Internet....its time to turn it off and walk away :)

He pîsses in everyone's corn flakes. Seriously, I've seen him do it before. Be mindful of your corn flakes!

He pîsses in everyone's corn flakes. Seriously, I've seen him do it before. Be mindful of your corn flakes!

I don't eat corn flakes....thankfully if this is the case :eek:
    (They have little nutritional value..IMO€

I really hope this is true :pac:

Do you do it too?

Do you do it too?

Not exactly....but I do enjoy doing relatively basic maths in my head at times

*i am insanely boring though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I'm working tomorrow. I'll wear a green tie with my suit. I can't say I really miss the modern celebration of Saint Patrick's day as practiced by so many Irish people; drinking themselves into a bloody stupor before getting sick on the street.

We'll raise a glass to your memory. Have a big bowl of sauerkraut on us.

Not exactly....but I do enjoy doing relatively basic maths in my head at times

*i am insanely boring though

I love doing that too! I like working out the odds of multiple ordinary things happening that are unrelated. It keeps me up at night sometimes its probably not good for me.

I love doing that too! I like working out the odds of multiple ordinary things happening that are unrelated. It keeps me up at night sometimes its probably not good for me.

I'm not good enough at prementatins/odds adjustments....though at times when I see the horse racing results I do multiply the odds and see roughly what odds an accumulated would be at and sometimes I like to put in an lotto number odds as well(think its 44/1...not sure)

I literally torment myself as I try do it in my head and with no calculator....but I never bother writing it down on paper....I dunno why though???

I'm not good enough at prementatins/odds adjustments....though at times when I see the horse racing results I do multiply the odds and see roughly what odds an accumulated would be at and sometimes I like to put in an lotto number odds as well(think its 44/1...not sure)

I literally torment myself as I try do it in my head and with no calculator....but I never bother writing it down on paper....I dunno why though???

More fun doing it in your head! Sure anyone can do it on a calculator. Well most people probably definitely not everyone.

More fun doing it in your head! Sure anyone can do it on a calculator. Well most people probably definitely not everyone.

Stop.....its a death defying life I lead :pac:

Stop.....its a death defying life I lead :pac:

Its bad enough being from Waterford

• Advertisement

Miall108 wrote: »
    Its bad enough being from Waterford

#blaasforever

#blaasforever

Ye wud be kissing yer jerseys and everything :pac::pac:

Miall108 wrote: »
    Ye wud be kissing yer jerseys and everything :pac::pac:

Yes....Its a great spot

I think op should come down tomorrow and go surfing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

colossus-x wrote: »
    Skangers only exist in Dublin city so logically go anywhere except Dublin city.

Eyre Square tells me otherwise. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Tomorrow is Tuesday. No different to any other Tuesday, or any other day for that matter. The sun will rise, birds will sing, the Universe will continue it's exponential expansion into obscure and insignificant nothingness, people will moan, time will pass.

I don't need a calendar to tell me when I can and can't drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Eyre Square tells me otherwise. :pac:

I'll see your Eyre Square and raise you Limerick city. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

kneemos wrote: »
    Go body hunting in the Dublin Mountains.

Just a normal Sunday for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm going to go into town and contribute to all the problems that people associate with Paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm going to go into town and contribute to all the problems that people associate with Paddy's day.

I've got a balaclava....bring some mace and a baggie for the gear we lift off tourists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Come to my house, we can drink tesco brand cider and watch Mr.Bean recorded on real life traditional VHS tape :)

Advertisement