Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30 Captain

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Eriksen (LEI)
    I went with Kane. All my rivals went with Aguero. Tense times!

Happy days you mean! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Eriksen (LEI)
    garra wrote: »
    Happy days you mean! :)

Yes, yes I do. I have been gloating sufficiently already. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Eriksen (LEI)
    Oh harry Harry!! Ya beauty! 28 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    spock. wrote:
    I'm sticking with my gut. Mane captain

Lesson: Never trust your gut. Do what everyone else does.

Eriksen (LEI)
    spock. wrote: »
    Lesson: Never trust your gut. Do what everyone else does.

Most had Aguero!

• Advertisement

Sterling (MUN)
    Most had Aguero!

Most of my league had Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Rooney (liv)
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    I am getting Kane'd every week!

When I transfer him out he scores twice or assists! When I captain him, he blanks!

Going in one last time for a dodge and I am opting for Hazard!

Aguero has been an absolute disaster since his return

Well and truly Hurri-Kane'd this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Silva (WBA)
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    My head is melted from a lack of sleep. Tackling this decision now seems like a terrible idea. But here goes...

Thanks. You changed my mind.
    Top class post

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane (LEI)
    km79 wrote: »
    yes mane points too please and Ivan :D
    few save points from my hill
    looks like I'll get over 100 :D
    all positivity will prob be drained from me by 2pm :(

it sure was ! but most of the other guys came up trumps to negate the lost captaincy points a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Silva (WBA)
    My head is melted from a lack of sleep. Tackling this decision now seems like a terrible idea. But here goes...

City v West Brom

City traveled to Spain and were dumped out of Europe. Aguero has been out of sorts somewhat as of late, he could be suffering from a slight lack of confidence but he hasn't been poor. I actually fancy Silva over him if I were to go with a city player.

Everyone keeps mentioning the Pulis factor but he hasn't been tested on the road against any of the top 6 teams, so there is an unknown element as to how he'll cope. One thing we know for sure, he'll be doing his best to keep it tight at the back. If WBA concede early I don't think he'll change anything, the plan will go from play for the draw to keep the scoreline respectable, he knows the value of goal difference, even though they're relatively safe. I think he'll carry on trying to catch City on the break. If they go 2-0 down, he'll shut up shop and I think City will be happy with that result.

Another interesting point is that Pellegrini's position could be considered tentative as things stand. I'm wondering how this might play into his tactics, he may be a little more cautious than usual. It's an early kickoff and it's entirely possible we might see a lethargic performance from City.

Spurs v Leicester

This is a must win game for Spurs to stay in contention for a top 4 finish, I expect they'll start the game at a blistering pace and they'll be looking to score early. Here's a key difference for me with this game. If Leicester do concede early, their game plan has to change dramatically, they'll be looking to get a goal and the game could really open up. Leicester simply can't afford to try and keep the scoreline respectable imho. They'll be looking to score.

Kane is rested and he was called up to the England squad so he'll be looking to make a mark on tomorrow's game.

My main issue with Kane is not Kane, it's Spurs. They just have a habit of bottling it at this stage.

The wild card...

Villa v Swansea

Benteke.

Swansea have a habit of running out of steam at this stage of the season, time and time again, they almost seem to be content with their position in the league and they have a habit of losing their competitive edge.

Villa are still in the relegation battle and I expect they'll have more motivation to play with a bit of fire in their bellies.

Conclusion

I think Kane shades it between him and Aguero. If you're desperately trying to make up ground then Benteke seems to be a really attractive option.

I've had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so you might be wise to completely disregard my post. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and good night.

Had it on Aguero until about 11.20 this morning and after reading this I changed it to Kane - thank you very much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Other
    The Tony Pulis factor is swerving me away from Aguero...

You persuaded me. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Eriksen (LEI)
    THFC wrote: »
    Had it on Aguero until about 11.20 this morning and after reading this I changed it to Kane - thank you very much!

I was on Kane all along but that post helped keep me from wavering. Add my thanks too Arbitrary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Eriksen (LEI)
    I made my own mind up. Good job, IsMiseMyself.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva (WBA)

City v West Brom

City traveled to Spain and were dumped out of Europe. Aguero has been out of sorts somewhat as of late, he could be suffering from a slight lack of confidence but he hasn't been poor. I actually fancy Silva over him if I were to go with a city player.

Everyone keeps mentioning the Pulis factor but he hasn't been tested on the road against any of the top 6 teams, so there is an unknown element as to how he'll cope. One thing we know for sure, he'll be doing his best to keep it tight at the back. If WBA concede early I don't think he'll change anything, the plan will go from play for the draw to keep the scoreline respectable, he knows the value of goal difference, even though they're relatively safe. I think he'll carry on trying to catch City on the break. If they go 2-0 down, he'll shut up shop and I think City will be happy with that result.

Another interesting point is that Pellegrini's position could be considered tentative as things stand. I'm wondering how this might play into his tactics, he may be a little more cautious than usual. It's an early kickoff and it's entirely possible we might see a lethargic performance from City.

Spurs v Leicester

This is a must win game for Spurs to stay in contention for a top 4 finish, I expect they'll start the game at a blistering pace and they'll be looking to score early. Here's a key difference for me with this game. If Leicester do concede early, their game plan has to change dramatically, they'll be looking to get a goal and the game could really open up. Leicester simply can't afford to try and keep the scoreline respectable imho. They'll be looking to score.

Kane is rested and he was called up to the England squad so he'll be looking to make a mark on tomorrow's game.

My main issue with Kane is not Kane, it's Spurs. They just have a habit of bottling it at this stage.

The wild card...

Villa v Swansea

Benteke.

Swansea have a habit of running out of steam at this stage of the season, time and time again, they almost seem to be content with their position in the league and they have a habit of losing their competitive edge.

Villa are still in the relegation battle and I expect they'll have more motivation to play with a bit of fire in their bellies.

Conclusion

I think Kane shades it between him and Aguero. If you're desperately trying to make up ground then Benteke seems to be a really attractive option.

I've had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so you might be wise to completely disregard my post. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and good night.

Unfortunately I didn't see that post...

Worse thing is I was overall sharing the same view on the situation (roughly said it here midweek). But ya know Aguero can't blank thrice in a row :rolleyes: ; fecking stupid stats/intuition/my a*se :mad:...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Other
    I need (c)Costa to get a hat-trick to stay in it now! Dropped from 30K to 58K tonight despite having Kane in my team!

Eriksen (LEI)
    I need (c)Costa to get a hat-trick to stay in it now! Dropped from 30K to 58K tonight despite having Kane in my team!

I had Kane as my captain and didn't even score in the top 4 in my pay league!!and I was the only one with him as captain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Same for me! Thanks Arbitrary!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Silva (WBA)
    Sure Harry Kane didnt even captain himself!

He went with Aguero :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silva (WBA)
    Just something I noticed on BBC. For those who have questioned in the past if looking at a particular player's history against a club they play is relevant when choosing captaincy:

Liverpool v Man Utd (13:30)
    Posted at
    Alan Shearer On Wayne Rooney having not scored in this fixture for 10 years: "You have grounds and you have teams that you feel much more comfortable going to, that you just know you're going to score against.
    "I was devastated when Leeds got relegated, as I lost two or three goals a season!"

Sterling (MUN)
    Lemlin wrote:
    Just something I noticed on BBC. For those who have questioned in the past if looking at a particular player's history against a club they play is relevant when choosing captaincy:

Liverpool v Man Utd (13:30) Posted at Alan Shearer On Wayne Rooney having not scored in this fixture for 10 years: "You have grounds and you have teams that you feel much more comfortable going to, that you just know you're going to score against. "I was devastated when Leeds got relegated, as I lost two or three goals a season!"

Suarez and Norwich come to mind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Eriksen (LEI)
    Lemlin wrote: »

Liverpool v Man Utd (13:30)
    Posted at
    Alan Shearer On Wayne Rooney having not scored in this fixture for 10 years: "You have grounds and you have teams that you feel much more comfortable going to, that you just know you're going to score against.
    "I was devastated when Leeds got relegated, as I lost two or three goals a season!"

Rooney further proves the point by missing a peno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva (WBA)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Rooney further proves the point by missing a peno!!
    And Giroud yesterday by getting a brace against Newcastle. Think someone mentioned he had got 6 goals in 5 games vs the Magpies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Silva (WBA)
    iroced wrote: »
    And Giroud yesterday by getting a brace against Newcastle. Think someone mentioned he had got 6 goals in 5 games vs the Magpies.

It was mentioned on MoTD last night anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Eriksen (LEI)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    It was mentioned on MoTD last night anyway.

always seems to score against West Ham as well

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Eriksen (LEI)
    amber69 wrote: »
    Thanks. You changed my mind.
    Top class post
    FHFC wrote: »
    I was on Kane all along but that post helped keep me from wavering. Add my thanks too Arbitrary!!
    Same for me! Thanks Arbitrary!

Yeas are all very welcome! Glad it worked out, I could have had a host of posters seriously pissed off with me had it gone the other way, haha. :)

Advertisement