Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Silva (WBA)
    Am i missing something here?? Myself and only 4 others are punting on Costa compared to Kane and Aguero who are running away with it! Have kept fait in Aguero the last few weeks for those massive 4 point hauls and can't do it again, i reckon Costa is a great shout unless he is likely to miss the game for some reason!? Looks like a good differential going by this too.

I'd say that a lot of people just don't have him! I certainly don't, but you're right, he is a good shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard (hul)
    I've voted austin now can I be brave and leave the armband on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Eriksen (LEI)
    Captain choice is difficult this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Thinking of switching from Aguero to Benteke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (WBA)
    I've voted austin now can I be brave and leave the armband on him.

Is Everton playing away in Kiev on a thursday night the major factor in this decision?

Coupled with Everton being useless away from home?

• Advertisement

Hazard (hul)
    Is Everton playing away in Kiev on a thursday night the major factor in this decision?

Coupled with Everton being useless away from home?

Both the above and the fact qpr aren't bad at home and austin was very unlucky to have not scored very high over the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (WBA)
    Both the above and the fact qpr aren't bad at home and austin was very unlucky to have not scored very high over the double.

He could have had a one or two last weekend as well but got nothing in the end. QPR's form has been terrible though, only 3 points from a possible 27, although they do score most matches.

Considering him at the minute, think this might be a good week for a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Eriksen (LEI)
    Have it on Arry Kane....but Austin is tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Silva (WBA)
    Yaya out so who knows what kind of effect that will have on Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eriksen (LEI)
    dahat wrote: »

Has to be a good thing for Serg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    radharc wrote:
    You're not on your own, voted Other as didn't see him in the list.

I'm looking forward to those 28 points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Rooney (liv)
    I am getting Kane'd every week!

When I transfer him out he scores twice or assists! When I captain him, he blanks!

Going in one last time for a dodge and I am opting for Hazard!

Aguero has been an absolute disaster since his return

Silva (WBA)
    Food for thought.

Aguero has 4 in 5 games v West Brom

West Brom have lost last 5 at the Eithad

Was going Costa but not so sure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Other
    How do Kane or Costa compare.

It's really about current Aguero form though no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Silva (WBA)
    The Tony Pulis factor is swerving me away from Aguero...

Silva (WBA)
    beauf wrote: »
    How do Kane or Costa compare.

It's really about current Aguero form though no?

7e9790d271fa2b68daeb6572bad72165.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Eriksen (LEI)
    I have the armband on Kane and don't think I'll be taking it off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Silva (WBA)
    Firmly on Aguero and hopefully people continue selling and not captaining him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Other
    The only sure thing is. Who ever I pick it will be the wrong one.

Silva (WBA)
    Might interest some
    fab4ae9b45e395f07a595c09ce5f07ac.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Silva (WBA)
    **** it, I'm going with Aguero over Kane. I'll either be delighted by 2:30pm or watching the 3pm games between my fingers.
    dahat wrote: »

Nice news as a Silva owner.

Silva (WBA)
    Paully D wrote: »
    **** it, I'm going with Aguero over Kane. I'll either be delighted by 2:30pm or watching the 3pm games between my fingers.

Nice news as a Silva owner.

Have Silva and Aguero so hoping for a riot tomorrow.
    Chose Aguero as well myself so hoping all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

honestly out of my starting 11, i could make a decent argument to put the armband on at least 7 of them....fml

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Eriksen (LEI)
    My head is melted from a lack of sleep. Tackling this decision now seems like a terrible idea. But here goes...

City v West Brom

City traveled to Spain and were dumped out of Europe. Aguero has been out of sorts somewhat as of late, he could be suffering from a slight lack of confidence but he hasn't been poor. I actually fancy Silva over him if I were to go with a city player.

Everyone keeps mentioning the Pulis factor but he hasn't been tested on the road against any of the top 6 teams, so there is an unknown element as to how he'll cope. One thing we know for sure, he'll be doing his best to keep it tight at the back. If WBA concede early I don't think he'll change anything, the plan will go from play for the draw to keep the scoreline respectable, he knows the value of goal difference, even though they're relatively safe. I think he'll carry on trying to catch City on the break. If they go 2-0 down, he'll shut up shop and I think City will be happy with that result.

Another interesting point is that Pellegrini's position could be considered tentative as things stand. I'm wondering how this might play into his tactics, he may be a little more cautious than usual. It's an early kickoff and it's entirely possible we might see a lethargic performance from City.

Spurs v Leicester

This is a must win game for Spurs to stay in contention for a top 4 finish, I expect they'll start the game at a blistering pace and they'll be looking to score early. Here's a key difference for me with this game. If Leicester do concede early, their game plan has to change dramatically, they'll be looking to get a goal and the game could really open up. Leicester simply can't afford to try and keep the scoreline respectable imho. They'll be looking to score.

Kane is rested and he was called up to the England squad so he'll be looking to make a mark on tomorrow's game.

My main issue with Kane is not Kane, it's Spurs. They just have a habit of bottling it at this stage.

The wild card...

Villa v Swansea

Benteke.

Swansea have a habit of running out of steam at this stage of the season, time and time again, they almost seem to be content with their position in the league and they have a habit of losing their competitive edge.

Villa are still in the relegation battle and I expect they'll have more motivation to play with a bit of fire in their bellies.

Conclusion

I think Kane shades it between him and Aguero. If you're desperately trying to make up ground then Benteke seems to be a really attractive option.

I've had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so you might be wise to completely disregard my post. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

gone for kane as captain over aguero, was a toss up but a couple of my rivals don't have aguero and I'm pretty sure they'll captain kane so If I captain kane too it cancels out what they get but if aguero does score big I'm gaining the single points from him on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I wish there was an 80% captain pick again this week to make things easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling (MUN)
    jimmii wrote:
    I wish there was an 80% captain pick again this week to make things easier!

Nah, these weeks where there are lots of captain options are the most fun!

Hazard (hul)
    I've caved aguero capt it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »
    Nah, these weeks where there are lots of captain options are the most fun!

More fun but more variance. Good if you are trying to make up a gap but bad if you are leading!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Eriksen (LEI)
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    My head is melted from a lack of sleep. Tackling this decision now seems like a terrible idea. But here goes...

City v West Brom

City traveled to Spain and were dumped out of Europe. Aguero has been out of sorts somewhat as of late, he could be suffering from a slight lack of confidence but he hasn't been poor. I actually fancy Silva over him if I were to go with a city player.

Everyone keeps mentioning the Pulis factor but he hasn't been tested on the road against any of the top 6 teams, so there is an unknown element as to how he'll cope. One thing we know for sure, he'll be doing his best to keep it tight at the back. If WBA concede early I don't think he'll change anything, the plan will go from play for the draw to keep the scoreline respectable, he knows the value of goal difference, even though they're relatively safe. I think he'll carry on trying to catch City on the break. If they go 2-0 down, he'll shut up shop and I think City will be happy with that result.

Another interesting point is that Pellegrini's position could be considered tentative as things stand. I'm wondering how this might play into his tactics, he may be a little more cautious than usual. It's an early kickoff and it's entirely possible we might see a lethargic performance from City.

Spurs v Leicester

This is a must win game for Spurs to stay in contention for a top 4 finish, I expect they'll start the game at a blistering pace and they'll be looking to score early. Here's a key difference for me with this game. If Leicester do concede early, their game plan has to change dramatically, they'll be looking to get a goal and the game could really open up. Leicester simply can't afford to try and keep the scoreline respectable imho. They'll be looking to score.

Kane is rested and he was called up to the England squad so he'll be looking to make a mark on tomorrow's game.

My main issue with Kane is not Kane, it's Spurs. They just have a habit of bottling it at this stage.

The wild card...

Villa v Swansea

Benteke.

Swansea have a habit of running out of steam at this stage of the season, time and time again, they almost seem to be content with their position in the league and they have a habit of losing their competitive edge.

Villa are still in the relegation battle and I expect they'll have more motivation to play with a bit of fire in their bellies.

Conclusion

I think Kane shades it between him and Aguero. If you're desperately trying to make up ground then Benteke seems to be a really attractive option.

I've had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so you might be wise to completely disregard my post. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and good night.

I dunno. Choosing one is fairly arbitrary.

Sorry.

I have it on Kane. He edged it just by being in better form.

Advertisement