Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your Patrick's Day plans?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

I love St Patrick's day. Absolutely love it. Bring the kids to the parade, then later on we have traditional food & a couple of Guinness for me.

It's a great day if you do it right. Keep the religion out of it & celebrate being Irish.

Every country in the world would kill for a national day like ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'm gonna go down the traditional route and get hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Going in to watch the parade in the morning to keep my GF happy, then heading to the RDS for the beer festival to keep me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm going to see Dropkick Murphys in Vicar Street.

I won! Where's my prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I'll be working. First job where I've had to work on March 17th. No double time or anything like that. Not overly bothered as I'm not into the whole Patrick's day at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'll be watching my friend marching with the town band in the local parade. I assume we'll be getting pissed after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I'm riddled with disease (encephalitis) so I'm stuck in vincents for the next few days if anyone wants to bring me in an eddie rockets I wouldn't say no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Working all day from morning to night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

First year that I won't be in Ireland :( although I'll be in the sunshine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'll be staying in and avoiding it. Thanks to the abolition of town councils Sinn Fein and the local water protestors, who funnily enough are mostly Nordie Sinn Fein supporters, are organising this years parade so it'll just be used as a political platform for fcukwits and protestors.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My wife is Dutch and St Patrick's Day is her birthday. No wonder she married an Irishman.

Anyhow, the Dutch are big into their birthdays, more than Ireland, so when she goes out here she feels like the whole country is celebrating her birthday and she loves it.
    So we now have to go to the local parade and have cake somewhere whilst watching the country celebrate her birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Normal working day here, after which I shall pop into an Irish pub to mark the occasion with a quiet pint of Guinness to stare into, while muttering "feck, gurls, drink" to myself.

Then only downside of St Patrick's day when you live abroad is you've a higher chance of bumping into an Irish politician when out, than you have back home. It's the only national holiday celebrated by the government outside of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'll watch the club finals on tv. Get a nice big walk in early in the day. Will have a few cans in the evening. Nothing major, work next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I will be fighting ninjas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just back from Dublin city centre and there is a noticeable presence of leprechaun hats already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Berserker wrote: »
    Just back from Dublin city centre and there is a noticeable presence of leprechaun hats already.
    Don't forget to pay your respects to the wearers.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Apparently some people in Atlanta are planning to boycott the "Saint Patty's" day parade, on account of the presence of well-known Irish racist:confused: Enda Kenny

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/03/14/irish-prime-minister-controversy/70316258/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

conorh91 wrote: »
    Apparently some people in Atlanta are planning to boycott the "Saint Patty's" day parade, on account of the presence of well-known Irish racist:confused: Enda Kenny
    I'm pretty sure, that in his younger days, Enda was a member of the Castlebar chapter of the KKK.

EDIT. Google tells me it was actually Macra na Feirme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'll probably watch the parade on the box. I can't be arsed going into the thing. There will be a local parade and other events in the area, so I'll most likely head to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Cheering on CCR in the Leinster schools final

Credence reformed! Sweet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Working, because I'm not living in Ireland. But I'll make colcannon and barm brack and talk about St Patrick to my son. He's only small but I want him to know about his Irish heritage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Traffic is terrible in Dublin right now, hope this hasn't started early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Will be in a fishing competition,nice relaxing day on a river bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Local parade with the kids but otherwise just a normal day. Don't head to the pub for it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stechkin

Get drunk and become green

Mass, pub in the early afternoon for pints and watch the club all-Ireland's. Not sure if I will bother with a parade or not, more than likely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll probably have a wander down the road to the Ashbourne parade, chill with a coffee and try get some college work done I guess.

Living the fúcking wild life.

Might head down for a pint later on that night when all the riff raff are inevitably thrown out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

conorh91 wrote: »

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/03/14/irish-prime-minister-controversy/70316258/

He used the N word.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Take it easy and read a good book. No drinking for me. Dublin city centre ends up being a mess on St. Patricks Day.

Advertisement