Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Shirt Chi Kung

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,101 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Unlike Mellor I don't believe it necessary to know about the passive engagement of muscle culture and what percentage engagement is required to improve training. Just feckin train it. Did Tyson have to get a medical degree to achieve his skill, what about Saenchai? Would they achieve better results of they did medicine alongside martial arts?
    I never said you needed to know the exact "percent" that a muscle were engaged, I said it might help to be aware you were using muscle at all. THe belly jump isn't passive engagement.
    And medical degree, lol. Sure because you need a 7 year degree to differentiate between squeezing your abs from your arse.

Look, you made a mistake. You acknowledged it by saying maybe you shouldn't have said condition the organs, and maybe it is the tissue/muscles. That's it. There's no agenda to target CMA or anything else. I honestly think you tried to make a mountain of out a mole here here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Mellor wrote: »
    I never said you needed to know the exact "percent" that a muscle were engaged, I said it might help to be aware you were using muscle at all. THe belly jump isn't passive engagement.
    And medical degree, lol. Sure because you need a 7 year degree to differentiate between squeezing your abs from your arse.

Look, you made a mistake. You acknowledged it by saying maybe you shouldn't have said condition the organs, and maybe it is the tissue/muscles. That's it. There's no agenda to target CMA or anything else. I honestly think you tried to make a mountain of out a mole here here.

Sorry but there is no conscious engagement of tensing the abs.

But keep insisting.

As stated before the "internal" can seem counter intuitive.

"Shaolin's principles reversed"

But keep on telling me, it's not like "yi " is important in nei jia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Mellor wrote: »

Sorry but there is no conscious engagement of tensing the abs.

But keep insisting.

As stated before the "internal" can seem counter intuitive.

"Shaolin's principles reversed"

But keep on telling me, it's not like "yi " is important in nei jia.

Please explain to me how the yi is trained in nei. Gung?
    Explain "rotational movement" in nei jia?
    Explain how this facilitates counter and recovery?
    Explain to me the dynamic difference between "reeling silk" type movement and typically defensive movement?
    Explain the concept of cai lang and it's six methods of generating force?

But keep coming with more pedantics, demonstrate how you know everything about everything.

I used a Chinese understanding of a concept on a thread where somebody asked about a rare cma skill, I therefore assumed some knowledge in the subject, and then clarified in my first reply the error of stating such.

You guys have spun 3 pages out of that.

And you know zero about the subject.

Typical... a little bit of knowledge and suddenly you're expert in everything.

Two practitioners have stated that this stuff is quite unlike western methods, but still..
    Condecendion ensues, the other lad must be only familiar with 1980's western methods, he wouldn't have the latest night course expertise in personal training.
    Le bla bla habitual....

Advertisement