Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who wear 'Great Britain' hoodies for fashion

Options
  • 14-03-2015 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Today I saw something that made me stop and do a double-take.

A guy I know wearing a Jack Wills hoodie (fair enough) with GBR printed on the back in massive lettering.

Myself and a friend took the piss out of it, but he and his friend saw nothing wrong with it.

Never thought this as something that would cause me a second thought, but I can't imagine wanting to wear a Great Britain sweatshirt. Maybe it's an outdated view.

AH, what say ye?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Go to bed your drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

No way! But yet I'd have absolutely no problem wearing a united States hoodie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I think AH has turned into a boring pile of steaming horse manure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That sounds like a pretty pissy thing to do, being a dick to some guy you don't know over his hoodie?

kneemos wrote: »
    I think AH has turned into a boring pile of steaming horse manure.

No fault of your own?

• Advertisement

No fault of your own?

Friday 13th. That's new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Irish fashion faux pas. It happens. People don't think twice about sporting the Union Jack or GBR in this instance on their clothing. All we can do is be mortified for them or burn their clothes, then take nudey pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Links234 wrote: »
    That sounds like a pretty pissy thing to do, being a dick to some guy you don't know over his hoodie?
    conorh91 wrote: »
    A guy I know...

kneemos wrote: »
    Friday 13th. That's new.

It sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I have a Liverpool football jersey and I'm not from Liverpool. What's the difference between that and a GBR hoodie? Wouldn't get even a second thought for wearing an EPL jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I misread that.

Still kinda pissy though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Go to bed your drunk.

Always jumping in first with inane 'wit' aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I have a Liverpool football jersey and I'm not from Liverpool. What's the difference between that and a GBR hoodie?
    I suppose the Northern Ireland element comes into it. GBR encapsulates much more than just a sporting club, it's the embodiment of a whole nation.

It's not a problem in itself, personally i'd just be wary of the fact that it's politically sensitive.

I'm fully openminded about the fact that I am probably wrong. My own excuses don't satisfy myself tbh. The whole thing just seemed a bit out of place

It sure is.

Better than your one other effort in fairness.

eternal wrote: »
    Always jumping in first with inane 'wit' aren't we?

Who pissed on your cornflakes tonight?

Who pissed on your cornflakes tonight?

I don't eat breakfast at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

conorh91 wrote: »
    AH, what say ye?

I still remember that Ray Shah fella wearing an English rugby jersey on Big Brother years ago.

*puke*

I don't eat breakfast at night.

Try it sometime.

Try it sometime.

I might. It might make me in a better mood.

I might. It might make me in a better mood.

it may.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Just the military dressing down, and setting up a forward operating base in your local town.

P.S Please send weapons and helmets....and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have seen that numerous times, Be it the Union jack,US, Japanese, Canadian flag or emblems, think it's just a fashion fad ?

Personally I Wouldent be wearing any others countries flag or emblems,we have enough of our own to share...if that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I seem to remember lads in school taking a biro to that little union jack that used to appear on some reebok runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I seem to remember lads in school taking a biro to that little union jack that used to appear on some reebok runners

:-) yep that's right, Anything with the union jack on it was either tore of or marked out, And as for women or some men having a Union Jack handbag, well you probaly be arrested for your own safety, reeling in the years is right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Anyone who gets upset about what someone else is wearing be it another countries flag on a piece of clothing or a hat, clearly has very little else to be worrying about. I've never been able to wrap my head around the whole patriotism thing anyway, flags are flags, places are places, it's all the same thing at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

ould anybody refuse to take a big bag ull of the US Dollars, GB Pounds, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan... etc ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

al22 wrote: »
    ould anybody refuse to take a big bag ull of the US Dollars, GB Pounds, Japanese Yen, Chinese Yuan... etc ????

I am not sure what analogy you are making!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Good grief, it's a piece of coloured fabric arranged in a specific way, hardly the end of the world is it.

Nationalism is so 19th century

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Selfish Giant

it may.

It may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I used to have a great pair of Reeboks that had a tiny Union Jack beside the logo. Fairly sure I squiggled over it with permanent marker but have no trouble wearing clothes that have flags of any other country.

It's the way we're raised, unfortunately.

Advertisement