Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 5 | Episode 14 | Spend [AMC] [SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yakuza wrote: »
    I thought it was a flashback for a second, then the penny dropped, so to speak. What a great phrase :)

Exact same here. I thought "a fax to Cleveland, by jaysis they're up and running quickly" and thought ok maybe this is Abe before it all went south. Then I realised it was present day and said what's Cleveland got to do with taking a dump? And them I was like "ohhhh". And then I was like "ewwwww"

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Thought that was an exceleent episode, didn't really see Aidans death coming so soon, but should have known Noah was going to get clipped as soon as the words "You're in it for the long haul, aren't you?" were uttered! What a way to go though! :eek:

Not sure how its all going to play out with Diana, her sons death unfortunately re-enforces the spiel Gabriel has just given her, and we can already see her struggling with the realisation she's putting more and more of Ricks group in postions of power. That chicken-sh!t Nicholas will no doubt lie through his teeth once he wakes up back in Alexandria, I'm surprised Glenn didn't do a Rick and just put a bullet in him after knocking him the f*ck out.

Good to see Abraham getting handed something to keep him busy, we can see he was struggling with the adjustment, and lets face it, that was a badass scene he got. :D

Just on the point of 'Why didn't they kill the walkers behind the fence?', I think its because they've reached saturation point when it comes to killing walkers and they make the choice that, rather to expend time and energy killing more walkers in a situation such as the warehouse, they instead try to get in and get out as quickly as possible to minimise the time exposed to danger.

Also, someone made a point of "Why send Eugene on the run when he's the only on who can install the equipment for the power grid?" thats not true, Diana's husband initally set up the current system, so I'd assume he'd be able to fit the micro inverters.

Just on Eugene, good on him for finally stepping up, I found him to be a very annoying character, and when he was looking at that exit door while giving an unconcious Tara excuses, I was quietly cursing him, but when I saw him come through the door with her over his shoulder, big redemption moment for him. :)

The death of Noah will polerise Glenn against any further Alexanrians going on raids, I think he'll take it from here on out, using only Ricks crew, which means Diana has to trust them even more by handing their supply runs over.

If thats the case, and I was in Glenns shoes, I'd be setting up an off-site weapons and food cache in the event Ricks crew need to bug out suddenly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

sabhail wrote: »
    he's also drunk a lot which might reduce his value as a Dr ... think if any new Dr arrives he'll Def be gone. Funny way he keeps asking Rick to bring his kids in for chk up.... don't think that'll be happening...

interesting tho re killing him for wife beating... what do u do with someone who behaves against group rules in their situation. Exile them and you're leaving dissatisfied enemy outside who knows lots about your defences... or one more walker. Morals aside you could see death penalty as being pretty attractive ...

Carol murdered someone in the prison and rick just exiled her, she also murdered the little blond girl, in fact she has some neck asking Rick to do it.

I reckon just give him a beating and don't let him come within 100 meters of her, kids on the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I love that there are more attentive people on reddit who catch these things I'd just miss all the time, as there seem to be a lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Did anyone else cop when Glenn, Noah etc were in the back of Aidan's van as they left Alexandria and he turned on that dubstep music, just as the beat dropped there were lyrics like" 'you're going to die today', or 'you're all going to die' or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Brendão wrote: »
    Did anyone else cop when Glenn, Noah etc were in the back of Aidan's van as they left Alexandria and he turned on that dubstep music, just as the beat dropped there were lyrics like" 'you're going to die today', or 'you're all going to die' or something like that?

Yeh, don't know how anyone could have missed it! :pac:

1:45

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh, don't know how anyone could have missed it! :pac:

It was all just horrible noise to me. I didn't even entertain the possibility of trying to discern lyrics from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Dubstep survived the zombie apocalypse but Hershal didn't? Dislike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

5starpool wrote: »
    It was all just horrible noise to me. I didn't even entertain the possibility of trying to discern lyrics from it.

The music stopped for a second and all you could literally hear were the vocals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

sabhail wrote: »
    interesting tho re killing him for wife beating... what do u do with someone who behaves against group rules in their situation. Exile them and you're leaving dissatisfied enemy outside who knows lots about your defences... or one more walker. Morals aside you could see death penalty as being pretty attractive ...

If you remember back to Season 2 this topic was touched upon with that guy Randall that was brought back to the farm. The initial plan was to execute him and Dale spoke to try to talk the group out of it. Rick decided to do it, but in the end couldn't bring himself to. Shane then went and murdered the guy taking the decision out of Rick's hands.

Now it will be interesting to see if Carol's hunch is right and the dude turns out to be abusive - Rick will be faced with a similar dilemma. Rick's been getting more and more like Shane this season so if faced with the task of having to bump off the guy I don't think he would have any hesitation this time.

Someone mentioned before about the references to Dale this season. It does seem the kind of world Dale believed in is a world that Rick and the group are increasingly moving away from. At Dale's funeral Rick promised to honour Dale by retaining the group's humanity. The next episode is titled 'Try' so maybe this is the last time Rick will try to retain his humanity, but as the last episode is called 'Conquer' I'm guessing he is going to wind up going over the deep end and into full blown Shane-levels of ruthlessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Could be re 'conquer' or maybe he'll conquer his initial urge to react in Shane like way.

I think in reality to survive now they have to become much more ruthless and ready to take action and revenge and act fairly brutally , as they have been doing. No community unwilling to act like that could survive ... when you think of people like joes grp, governor, terminus attacking.

Maybe they keep their humanity by only losing it in self defense....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I think the writers are doing a great in almost trying to turn us against Rick, Carol etc
    I don't want to dislike them but there are certain occasions recently where I have been disagreeing with their urges.
    Its something that Sopranos & Breaking Bad done brilliantly , you went from absolutely hating Tony Soprano and Walter White to instantly loving them again in a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I think the writers are doing a great in almost trying to turn us against Rick, Carol etc
    I don't want to dislike them but there are certain occasions recently where I have been disagreeing with their urges.
    Its something that Sopranos & Breaking Bad done brilliantly , you went from absolutely hating Tony Soprano and Walter White to instantly loving them again in a moment.

TBH I feel the opposite. I'm much more sided with Rick and Carol re the new group and Alexandria in general. They've been through absolutely horrendous situations and have seen the pits of humanity, so they're right not to let their guard down. Just because they've cocktail sausages and dubstep in Alexandria doesn't mean the apocalypse stops.
    I like the fact that Rick and Co have learned from history at this point. It'd be really crappy writing if after their brush with Woodbury and Terminus, that they're completely trusting of their new surroundings.

It'll be very interesting to see how Rick reacts in these next two episodes. I think that this season's finale will be more of a moral battle, rather than a heap of zombies or a dude with a tank bangin' down the front door. That's the reason that I feel the writing has been so clever this season though, that despite there not being any imminent physical threat this time round, the biggest threat now is the group themselves going off the deep end.

Also, I don't think I ever hated Tony or Walt, even when they were at their most extreme of acting the bollix! But to each their own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

maximoose wrote: »

Even though I think the last few episodes have been fantastic, these are making my week haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

'The Hospital arc was pointless', '[Kill Bill Siren]' and 'Gabriel, you little bitch' were my favourites! :pac: Love these recaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Rick's been getting more and more like Shane this season so if faced with the task of having to bump off the guy I don't think he would have any hesitation this time.

I dunno, while I think Rick is the law, the decision will be Diana's, who may choose exile over execution.

We're also ignoring the fact the dude is a doctor, a proper, medically trained Doctor, how many of them do you come across in a zombie apocolypse?

Can they afford to get rid of him? :confused:

Photo recaps FTW BTW :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I looked up the origin of "fax to Cleveland" and got nothing, so I'll just assume it has to do with the local football team, the Browns!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I looked up the origin of "fax to Cleveland" and got nothing, so I'll just assume it has to do with the local football team, the Browns!

I assume it's just a colloqialism much like "drop the kids off at the pool" without a necessarily clear origin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

Robbed from reddit

Not sure if anyone's posted info on this here yet, if so my apologies. An interesting theory is going around that the titles of 5b relate to Dale. The campfire scene in episode 104 "Vatos" Dale quotes william Faulkner "I like what father said to son when he gave him the watch. I give it to you not that you may REMEMBER (512) time, but that you may FORGET (513) it for a moment now and then and not SPEND (514) all of your breath TRYing (515) to CONQUER (516) it." I feel like this being a coincidence is like that picture of the dudes essay quoting never gonna give you up by Rick astley of you read it from the left starting side and scroll down lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

naughto wrote: »
    Robbed from reddit

Not sure if anyone's posted info on this here yet, if so my apologies. An interesting theory is going around that the titles of 5b relate to Dale. The campfire scene in episode 104 "Vatos" Dale quotes william Faulkner "I like what father said to son when he gave him the watch. I give it to you not that you may REMEMBER (512) time, but that you may FORGET (513) it for a moment now and then and not SPEND (514) all of your breath TRYing (515) to CONQUER (516) it." I feel like this being a coincidence is like that picture of the dudes essay quoting never gonna give you up by Rick astley of you read it from the left starting side and scroll down lol

yeah saw that somewhere...Also on way to Alexandria, there was a reference to Dale in Glenn finding the batteries for the rv...

What does it mean? maybe to remind of Dale's efforts to keep group acting morally, maybe Glenn will have some moral decision to take....maybe the group is going to go against Dales views as a whole...

Hard to see which of group would have difficulty in taking over now other than possibly Daryl...so maybe reminder of Dale is to show how far they've moved.....

Looking fwd to Monday anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

In this episode alone we see Abraham get disorientated for 1 min, also Glenn knows there's walkers in the store without any explanation. This was like Sasha in the previous episode which happens her when she's out shooting and gets more intense when she's at the party.

Then at the end of that episode we see Rick listening to the walker outside and rubbing the wall like he wanted to see the walker.

I think these are strong hints about the outcome of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

In this episode alone we see Abraham get disorientated for 1 min, also Glenn knows there's walkers in the store without any explanation. This was like Sasha in the previous episode which happens her when she's out shooting and gets more intense when she's at the party.

Then at the end of that episode we see Rick listening to the walker outside and rubbing the wall like he wanted to see the walker.

I think these are strong hints about the outcome of the show.
    No he doesn't, he is taking precautions IN CASE there is walkers inside the store.

Also, what hints do you think they are saying about the outcome of the show? (Also, please note that Kirkman isn't even half-way through the comics yet, he says there will be at least 300) so if you think it's going to be "It's all a dream!" I highly doubt you are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i think we'll have to get myth busters on that shooting a grenade to make it explode if they havn't already done it

C'mon, really ? You're watching a TV show about ZOMBIES.

Advertisement