Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 5 | Episode 14 | Spend [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was all pretty bad ass. Good to see the toll that losing the prison and then being locked up by cannibals, not to mention losing countless members of their party, has taken on our group and how they're struggling to adapt to a somewhat civilized society...

Poor Noah, though... Never start thinking about the Future though, rookie mistake on his part.

And Go Eugene - reminded me of when Sam finally stepped up in Game Of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Everybody Eats Chris... :(

Really enjoyed that one, some great action and a little bit of progression in the storyline too, only took five years but they're finally starting to get the balance right.

Carol is playing a blinder in this new setting still, I'm loving her character more and more every episode. Hoping the scenario with Rick, Jessie and Pete will be resolved by the end of the next episode and introduce something cool for the finale! :)

Nice to see a bit more of Abraham, I feel his character is being underused a bit...

And Go Eugene!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Now that was a good episode!!!

Had a bit of everything in it :D

Alexandra-ites showing the true colours - they obviously are just the fcukin naïve/stupid - which is hard to believe

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's looking like it's building towards the old order being completely overthrown by Rick and gang, with the building crew, the crew collecting supplies, and Rick/Carol with Gabriel's warning possibly hastening that along. It'll all blow up by series end anyhow (only 2 more eps :eek:) and hopefully not drag into season 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Was a good episode, didnt find it as interesting as the last two. Will be interesting to see how what happened with glen and co pans out probably going lead rick grimes investigator episode, loved the part with the construction crew played out like what i remember from the comic. And dam that pack of walkers[spoilers][ sure did hate chris that death seen had me in stitches.] Also again still loving carol she's definitely one of my favorites from the show, i see the kid cracking her hard wall of murderous intent !!! I dont think Alexandria would have lasted this long if they were all as naive as those scavenger crews they had going out, the exiles must be have been more willing to do dirty **** out there, and i wouldnt be suprised if they turned out to be this wolf pack gang, and that the girl who was skipping out of town has been feeding them info etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very good episode and it allowed room for characters like Abraham and Eugene to breathe and settle in a bit. I dont get why the priest just turned on them though near the end, whats his motivation for that? He always struck me as a weak and cowardly man who would do anything to save his own worthless skin and him of all people should know what Rick etc are capable of and they seemed to just tolerate him as a tag-along when they could have easily put a bullet in him.

Knowing that, the priest pretty much has exactly what he wants in Alexandria, he can shy away and be safe for the rest of his days. Why throw the cat amongst the pigeons?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

will Diane's opinion be swayed by news of the death of her son

Very good episode and it allowed room for characters like Abraham and Eugene to breathe and settle in a bit. I dont get why the priest just turned on them though near the end, whats his motivation for that? He always struck me as a weak and cowardly man who would do anything to save his own worthless skin and him of all people should know what Rick etc are capable of and they seemed to just tolerate him as a tag-along when they could have easily put a bullet in him.

Knowing that, the priest pretty much has exactly what he wants in Alexandria, he can shy away and be safe for the rest of his days. Why throw the cat amongst the pigeons?:confused:

he is as much talking about himself as he is the others, he's destroying the situation so he doesn't have to be the community priest

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Was a good episode, didnt find it as interesting as the last two. Will be interesting to see how what happened with glen and co pans out probably going lead rick grimes investigator episode, loved the part with the construction crew played out like what i remember from the comic. And dam that pack of walkers[spoilers][ sure did hate chris that death seen had me in stitches.] Also again still loving carol she's definitely one of my favorites from the show, i see the kid cracking her hard wall of murderous intent !!! I dont think Alexandria would have lasted this long if they were all as naive as those scavenger crews they had going out, the exiles must be have been more willing to do dirty **** out there, and i wouldnt be suprised if they turned out to be this wolf pack gang, and that the girl who was skipping out of town has been feeding them info etc.
    carol's pre-apocalypse life influencing her as much as her post-apocalypse life?

i didn't quite get/hear what those two guys were saying...we left them behind .... it was us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Best episode in a long while!

Normally when Daryl or Rick don't have much screen time I find the episode a bit boring and only an excuse to give the others more time but todays episode was very good. Liked how Eugene finally stepped up.

It was a bit silly brining him in the first place though. Just incase they picked up the wrong things needed they will risk the only person there who can install it? I'm just nitpicking though.

Finally I think we can all agree that Gabriel is some slimeball and I hope he gets his comeuppance!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Everybody ate Chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Everybody ate Chris.

He got his just deserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Up pops a zombie out of nowhere like a Meerkat in the Serengeti and attacks what's her faces son.

I swear to god, a deaf and blind man would have better tactical awareness than these characters.

Noah got a group Oberyn Martell death from the zombies. the poor ole devil.

i think we'll have to get myth busters on that shooting a grenade to make it explode if they havn't already done it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Why didn't they just shoot Deanna's son in the head? It was clear he wasn't going to live anyway. It would have been kinder than the death he got. I couldn't hear what was said before he died - something about leaving someone behind?

Eugene was brilliant in this episode. Finally, he grew a pair! Poor Noah - ouch. I rated this episode a 10. I can't wait for the finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Why didn't they just shoot Deanna's son in the head? It was clear he wasn't going to live anyway. It would have been kinder than the death he got. I couldn't hear what was said before he died - something about leaving someone behind?

Eugene was brilliant in this episode. Finally, he grew a pair! Poor Noah - ouch. I rated this episode a 10. I can't wait for the finale!

Think Deannas son said the people they talked about who died before, or "the others" as he called them (Lost crossover? :pac:) died only because they abandoned them and left them for dead, not because they didnt follow the orders like previously said the episode before.

I may be wrong but thats what I got from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good episode. Set the tone for things to come but also had some shocking moments with some good action too. Thumbs up.

On a separate note it's not been a good season to be a black actor on this show. Bob, Tyreese, and now Noah have all been eliminated.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

What did Diane's son to Glenn? We couldn't make it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Crap episode....laughably bad they way those 2 got killed, ham ham ham

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

nc6000 wrote: »

Neither could I.

From what I've read online it was about the 4 scavengers who had died the month before. He admited it was his fault they died as he panicked rather than them not obeying orders as he'd said previously.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Everybody ate Chris.

Why did he not have his knife out when it was obvious the zombies were getting into them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

nc6000 wrote: »

They had previously told Glenn that they lost people because the people didn't follow orders while out scavenging; they panicked and broke formation and died. In this scene, he admitted the others had died because HE had panicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

That was superb, absolutely savage stuff. Didn't care too much for Aidan but christ almighty poor Noah got an awful death. And for Glenn to have to see it right in front of his eyes...that's bound to have a serious effect on him.

I found Gabriel's 'betrayal' a bit odd. There was no sense that it was coming so when it did I just kept thinking why?? It will be interesting to see how Deanna reacts to the news about her son, having just been told what she was told by Gabriel. Surely she's got to think that Rick's gang are here to kill them all and take over the town.

Love the way they've got Carol involved now in a conspiracy with Rick to kill Pete. You could see the murderous glint in his eye when Carol told him! And as a former victim of domestic abuse it's like the circle is complete again for her, only she's able to do something about it now...like encourage one of her friends to kill the wife-beater!

After a great start to the season I think they messed up with the hospital storyline but they've turned it around again to something that's really engrossing. I almost hate to say it in case I jinx it but I'm expecting great things in these last episodes. And even though there's only two left it's kind of three seeing as the last one is a 90-minute blowout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I think Jessie is the abuser and not Pete. You'd have to wonder why Sam wrecked his Mother's Owl thing. Also, maybe this is why he's clingy to Carol, he sees her as a mother figure because his own mother is not. I guess we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I thought that was great, really gripping stuff. It'll be interesting to see how the auld one handles the death of her son. Hopefully she'll take it well and not blame Glen and Eugene. I know Glen punched the guy a few times but did they actually bring him back in the van or did they leave him there I wonder? I'm assuming they dumped him in the back, it'll be interesting to see what happens to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Crap episode....laughably bad they way those 2 got killed, ham ham ham
    You have no idea what makes a good tv episode do you?

Anyway, I think this is my favourite episode of the season so far and it's definitely up there as one of my all time favourites. Firstly, did not see Noah dying. Normally you can kind of fore-tell these things are going to happen, I genuinely had absolutely no clue. He had an absolutely horrific death though and I'm not entirely sure if it was completely necessary either. Sometimes things can go too far for "shock value" and I think this was the case here too.

Aidan shooting the grenade and it exploding is extremely plausible. He was using a rifle so the force, mixed with the heat a bullet generates could have exploded the grenade. Enjoyed how the effect wasn't just simply no-one got hurt as they weren't close enough to be, enjoyed how Aidan was thrown into the pipes and the girl was in serious trouble from it (even if I have no idea how it managed to blow off the door to the cage and not harm Noah, Glenn or Eugene and the other guy). Liked how Aidan admitted he was in the wrong about the other scavengers at the end, don't understand why they didn't shoot him though!

Eugene was bad ass. He has shown, at times, that while he is a coward he cares for his group and will do anything for them. This isn't the first time he has saved her either (when the bus toppled over he saved her then too). Really enjoyed that character development! Other things were from the comics so was pretty happy!

Also, the other question people have. The priest was extremely disturbed by what he saw happen. Not only did he find the act itself of the Cannibals being butchered awful but it was also because it happened in his church, the place that he had sacrificed almost his entire congregation to keep. Murdering anyone in "God's house" is a massive sin and Maggie referring to it as just "4 walls and a roof" probably annoyed him. Those things together is the reason why he told Diane they are not to be trusted.

Anyway, really good show, 9 outta 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

Also, the other question people have. The priest was extremely disturbed by what he saw happen. Not only did he find the act itself of the Cannibals being butchered awful but it was also because it happened in his church, the place that he had sacrificed almost his entire congregation to keep. Murdering anyone in "God's house" is a massive sin and Maggie referring to it as just "4 walls and a roof" probably annoyed him. Those things together is the reason why he told Diane they are not to be trusted.

Anyway, really good show, 9 outta 10

He saw the evidence of what the cannibals did to Bob himself and he still thinks killing them wasn't justified? I think he's just an asshole and he wants to get rid of the group because they know what he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    He saw the evidence of what the cannibals did to Bob himself and he still thinks killing them wasn't justified? I think he's just an asshole and he wants to get rid of the group because they know what he did.
    Well again, just one of the three points I made on this, the other two which you ignored... He already knows that there is no forgiveness for what he did. Also, it wasn't the fact they killed the cannibals, it was how they did so. It was shocking and barbaric to him so that's the reason he is trying to get them kicked out. You can try to argue it, but it's also in the comics and that's the justification so arguing against the point that's it's because of how they killed they hunters is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Well again, just one of the three points I made on this, the other two which you ignored... He already knows that there is no forgiveness for what he did. Also, it wasn't the fact they killed the cannibals, it was how they did so. It was shocking and barbaric to him so that's the reason he is trying to get them kicked out. You can try to argue it, but it's also in the comics and that's the justification so arguing against the point that's it's because of how they killed they hunters is just wrong.

Ok so. Well I havent read the comics obviously. I wasn't arguing against anything you said, just more wondering how could he think it was wrong to kill the hunters, even the way they did, when he saw what they had done. Personally, I think there's a touch of wanting them out of the way so he can resume his priestly life with no one knowing what he really is. Is that allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Ok so. Well I havent read the comics obviously. I wasn't arguing against anything you said, just more wondering how could he think it was wrong to kill the hunters, even the way they did, when he saw what they had done. Personally, I think there's a touch of wanting them out of the way so he can resume his priestly life with no one knowing what he really is. Is that allowed?

Agree. Nothing to keep you feeling guilty than looking at people everyday who know what you did. Though I wonder is he just losing it completely also.... Like Lizzie , someone whose unhinged is massive danger in community. ..

Interesting too the contrast between him and Eugene... Both ineffective against walkers, both fairly cowardly but Eugene is changing whereas the priest seems just lost.. At least Eugene has always thought about stuff and tried to achieve even just by manipulating ie when he got them to go back to tunnel end season 4, whereas Gabriel just seems to cause them trouble and for no reason that provides benefits to anyone other than himself.

Hope Tara survives..

Advertisement