Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you dream about last night?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Dreamed a few nights ago that someone had broken into the house and I had come back and heard them rummaging around, then I looked outside and there was a getaway car parked, the driver saw me and I went running up to give it a boot in the door but someone grabbed me from behind and then I screamed in the dream and maybe in real life - dont know - woke up ready to throw some digs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Macavity. wrote: »
    This is funny because I've been having this weird dream over the last week or so, and it happened last night as well. I'm on this island, where there seems to be some sort of authoritative figure controlling everyone. Women are particularly oppressed on this island. I can't remember the exact details because that's secondary to the main part of the dream.

Basically, an acquaintances of mine's brother is in his apartment (it happens to look exactly like mine) and we're all about to go inside. We open the door and he's hanging there, suspended from the ceiling having killed himself. This keeps happening over and over again. We walk in, he's hanging there - dead. Every time, I'm too afraid to go over and look at the body. Eventually the ambulance arrives and the body is taken away.
    Good lord.

A cult? Chop the head of the beast and free the people!

It's weird though have you ever had a strong dream and then wanted to check on someone to make sure they are ok and then you look like a complete fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

I am fascinated by dreams. I think you can do great problem solving in dreams.

I didn't have one last night or I did not remember so.

But a day or two ago a while I was dreaming about Dragons and fire. And a man getting a tattoo. A few days ago.

The phoenix has been on my mind and it's meaning.

I agree! I write down all my dreams and try to analyse and understand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I had a dream that I was at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C and was addressing this group of people and arousing them with my words. They clapped at the end, people cried and chanted my name,they called me the king, I jumped into the crowd and surfed it while Artetha Franklin delivered a great rendition of Respect, it was all pretty damn exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

I... had too much to dream last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

A certain high profile murder trial.

Never read the tweets for that particular hashtag before bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

A ex60, has my heart broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I dreamt I was at work, which was a bit disturbing because I'm on a weeks holiday. I felt robbed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Being in the clutches of the devil and not being able to speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Ruu wrote: »
    Being in the clutches of the devil and not being able to speak.

What is hell like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone here able to lucid dream?? I have been practicing and getting better. It is truly an amazing experience.

I dreamed something important last night, pretty f*ucked up if i remember how i woke. cant remember what it was now.

Dammit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Yeah, I'd lucid dream pretty frequently (a lot in the past). It's nothing amazing. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Last night I dreamed I ran into Freddie Mercury in a bar, I was out on the piss, and in the morning, I was convinced it actually happened for a few minutes when I woke up, and then I remembered Freddie Mercury was dead.

I agree! I write down all my dreams and try to analyse and understand them.
    Maybe I should blog them or keep a diary.

I had really weird dreams for ages each night on a similar theme about eight /nine years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Randomly saw this post before sleeps and I must say my dream last night was about Enda Kenny and myself motoring around on some mopeds

dafuq?

I also ended up trapped under my fridge with a rat.

No idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Maybe I should blog them or keep a diary.

I think that would be literally the most interesting thing in the world of literary history :D

catallus wrote: »
    I think that would be literally the most interesting thing in the world of literary history :D
    Lol! I should do it then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's good to keep a notepad beside your bed I come up with some fantastic ideas!

The subconscious mind comes up with some great ideas when you dream. I totally understand why people use all sorts of drugs to try and tap into it's lovelyness.

I wrote a perfectly rhyming Motown song in a dream once, woke up, forgot it all and was slightly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Have to say that anytime I dream of flying/floating it amazes me every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You.

And I fell out of bed twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm not sure what I dreamed but I was singing "skin a ma rinky dinky dink skin a ma rinky doo I love you " when I woke up. I was definitely singing it in the dream, I don't think I was singing it aloud when I awoke, but I was definitely mouthing the words. My dreams are often about completely normal, everyday things - I could have been dreaming about singing in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Not last night, but earlier this week I had a dream that I was Roy Walker and presenting Catchphrase, jokes/sayings and all.

It's good but it's not right.

I have no idea why this happened :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I dreamt last night that the metropolitan police raided the phibsboro church to catch a stray tiger after a bohs match

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I dreamt that a co-worker sat on my lap in a busy bar/restaurant. I tried to rest my arm across her thigh (cos I had nowhere else to put it) and she jumped up screaming because I had 'crossed a line and gone a bit too far.'

I was a bit pissed off at the double standard - okay for her to sit on my lap (backside pressed against my junk) but my arm on her leg was 'too much!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I dreamt that a co-worker sat on my lap in a busy bar/restaurant. I tried to rest my arm across her thigh (cos I had nowhere else to put it) and she jumped up screaming because I had 'crossed a line and gone a bit too far.'

I was a bit pissed off at the double standard - okay for her to sit on my lap (backside pressed against my junk) but my arm on her leg was 'too much!'

That actually happened didnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I dreamt that I was a West Ham fan. Note: I have no affiliation to any football team.

I was one of thousands attending the funeral, on the edge of a cliff on the west of ireland, of our dearly departed Manager, Rachel Riley of Countdown fame.

Everyone was dressed in the West Ham colours but the clothes looked like they were from a Harry Potter movie, like the Quidditch uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Macavity. wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd lucid dream pretty frequently (a lot in the past). It's nothing amazing. :confused:

You think controlling your dreams and being conscience in a world where nothing is impossible including building your own landscapes and throwing all laws of physics, gravity and time out the window "nothing amazing"??? :confused:

You must have the world's shittest imagination!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Had a dream during the week that Garth Brooks held a press conference here to play a concert in November.

Wouldn't be so lucky.

Advertisement