Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭qwabercd

7/1 no more heros in PP shops until 1915

Max bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Will Peace and Co be bet Tommorow lads is the question ?

After lumping a decent sum on him he's an absolute machine I can't see him losing but I guess anything can happen on the day !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

qwabercd wrote: »
    Max bet?

Broadcaster couldn't sell it enough, so I eventually gave in and backed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Bobs Worth a bit of a forgotten horse this year. Nicky Henderson says hes in great shape at the moment. Form may not be behind him but he loves Cheltenham and could be a huge threat if the real Bobs Worth shows up. I have him on each way at 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Said it and backed it at 16s djakadam will take an awful lot of beating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Only horse I am backing tonight until we get the going in the morning is No More Heros. Think 5s is a decent price. 111/2 on the betfair.

All other bets on hold till I know how the going changes.

Hoping Paint the Clouds can do the business and hoping there isn't too much rain. Think Lord Windemere has a cracking chance in the Gold Cup if the ground doesn't dis-improve too much 18/1 is a cracking price.

Skybet doing 4 places on the gold cup too for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I had planned on doing the following but if it does rain will it effect their chances.?

1.30 peace & co
    2.05 quick jack
    2.40 no more heroes
    3.20 silviniaco conte
    4.00 paint the clouds
    4.40 rou des francs
    5.15 ted veale

If someone could let me know id really appreciate it
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Everyone hold off on backing Paint The Clouds. He can't handle soft ground at all so I'm ****ing praying the forecasts are wrong as a serious amount of AP bets will be down the swanny.

rossom wrote: »
    Everyone hold off on backing Paint The Clouds. He can't handle soft ground at all so I'm ****ing praying the forecasts are wrong as a serious amount of AP bets will be down the swanny.

whos your tips for the gold cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

He'll handle Good-Soft surely given how he beat Shoeraces two runs back. Will there be enough rain to make it proper soft?

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He'll handle Good-Soft surely given how he beat Shoeraces two runs back. Will there be enough rain to make it proper soft?

He'll handle good to soft no bother. Some reports saying it'll be proper soft by GC so if that's the case he's fooked.

Miall108 wrote: »
    whos your tips for the gold cup?

Probably Coneygree although I could give reasons for 6 or 7 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

just been talking to my neighbour and he says cheltenham is due up to 12mm of rain tonight. Dont know if thats true or not but if its like it was here today then it could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

He'll handle good to soft no bother. Some reports saying it'll be proper soft by GC so if that's the case he's fooked.

****€. Time to start praying.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Really like this shout but says on RP commentary he broke a blood vessel? Thoughts? Massive concern for me, not a fan of backing horses after a bleed.

I saw that but Greatrex's blog never mentioned it. Said there was a problem with his wind which has been rectified. Not a fan of backing horses after bleeding either but, even if he did, 40/1 is still a price well worth risking it at.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jackb123456789

Regarding paddy powers money back special on the 13:30 race, will all losing each way bets have their money returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I saw that but Greatrex's blog never mentioned it. Said there was a problem with his wind which has been rectified. Not a fan of backing horses after bleeding either but, even if he did, 40/1 is still a price well worth risking it at.

Cheers yeah price is great relative to form. Hopefully didn't bleed at all and then he has serious chance of at least being placed. I hadn't seen blog so appreciate that input.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Cheers yeah price is great relative to form. Hopefully didn't bleed at all and then he has serious chance of at least being placed. I hadn't seen blog so appreciate that input.

He'd definitely appreciate some rain but it'll kill Paint The Clouds chances!

Regarding paddy powers money back special on the 13:30 race, will all losing each way bets have their money returned?

If you do an each way bet and your horse comes 2nd or 3rd, you'll receive the place returns and will have the win part of your bet returned as a free bet.

So for example, if you have a 10er e/w on an 8/1 shot that is 2nd or 3rd you'll get your place money of €30 plus a €10 free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jackb123456789

One last query regarding the paddy power money back special: If I've bet on a horse to Win, if he comes 4th, 5th, 6th etc, will i get my money back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

One last query regarding the paddy power money back special: If I've bet on a horse to Win, if he comes 4th, 5th, 6th etc, will i get my money back ?
    Nope.. only if he places.

PP are generous at the best of times, but jaysus... not that generous! ;)

Nope only 2nd or 3rd. And only up to €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

According to reports it's p!ssing down at Cheltenham already.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Opinions on no more heroes? Had he a bad scope earlier this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

many clouds, it's an omen

seriously fancy it if soft though

Good news for the likes of Many Clouds in the Gold Cup tomorrow. Hope it stays pissing cos I have him backed to win

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Need Black Hercules for a juicy ante post treble with vautour and faugheen but the way the week has gone not expecting to be celebrating.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

pugw wrote: »
    Opinions on no more heroes? Had he a bad scope earlier this year??

No More Heroes will take the beating,forget his last run, Cooper said he knew he wasn't right leaving the parade ring, the rain overnight won't bother him at all

fancy Top Notch to beat the stablemate fav, you can't not settle and win the Triumph

Gold Cup - very open. Conti has the form, but its at 2f shorter - Many Clouds will be staying on when many have cried enough

how short will Ned Buntline go off in the last - couldn't back him at any price, complete dodgepot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rumour on the twitter machine is Silviano conti is withdrawn for tomorrow

• Advertisement

Rumour on the twitter machine is Silviano conti is withdrawn for tomorrow

All wide open if its true

Advertisement