Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this doesn't come by too quickly. Discuss all Fridays racing here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

No more heros form got a nice boost with shaneshill. If he handles the good ground(presumming it dosent soften) he has to have a great chance. If it softens wont affect him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone hear anything about Road To Riches for Gold Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

SMAD PLACE NAP 20/1!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

money coming for Eastlake in the Grand Annual.
    if as I expect McCoy has chosen to ride him, he's guaranteed to go off favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about Road To Riches for Gold Cup?

I'll be backing him anyway. Haven't heard anything though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

money coming for Eastlake in the Grand Annual.
    if as I expect McCoy has chosen to ride him, he's guaranteed to go off favorite.

I heard McCoy will choose Ned Buntline?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Eastlake hardening up now and Ned Buntline friendless. 10/1 taken with 365

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I'd highly recommend taking the 33/1 on offer for Shantou Bob in the Albert Bartlett before final declarations are made tomorrow. If ignoring his last run when he clearly wasn't right (Greatrex said so and his yard were under a cloud that saw him go 0-28 in January), Shantou Bob has some very strong form in the book as he won his first 4 starts (P2P, Bumper and 2 hurdle races) before an excellent fast finishing 2nd behind Vyta Du Roc to go down by a nose in a Grade 2 at Sandown over 2m4f and that rival would have definitely finished 2nd to Windsor Park today had he not made a mess of the last. Having had a breathing operation since his last run, I think the step up to 3 miles will be the making of Shantou Bob as he looks an out and out stayer to me and I think he's completely overlooked in the market currently and will start about half that price.

Regular readers on here will no that Paint The Clouds has been my NAP of the festival for a couple of months and I've been backing him weekly at 8s/7s as well as topping up with a double from his last run at 10s. There's no doubt in my mind that he's comfortably the best horse in the race but I'd be lying if I wasn't slightly concerned that Greatrex is 0-17 this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

rossom wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend taking the 33/1 on offer for Shantou Bob in the Albert Bartlett before final declarations are made tomorrow. If ignoring his last run when he clearly wasn't right (Greatrex said so and his yard were under a cloud that saw him go 0-28 in January), Shantou Bob has some very strong form in the book as he won his first 4 starts (P2P, Bumper and 2 hurdle races) before an excellent fast finishing 2nd behind Vyta Du Roc to go down by a nose in a Grade 2 at Sandown over 2m4f and that rival would have definitely finished 2nd to Windsor Park today had he not made a mess of the last. Having had a breathing operation since his last run, I think the step up to 3 miles will be the making of Shantou Bob as he looks an out and out stayer to me and I think he's completely overlooked in the market currently and will start about half that price.

Regular readers on here will no that Paint The Clouds has been my NAP of the festival for a couple of months and I've been backing him weekly at 8s/7s as well as topping up with a double from his last run at 10s. There's no doubt in my mind that he's comfortably the best horse in the race but I'd be lying if I wasn't slightly concerned that Greatrex is 0-17 this month.

Be interested to see how Cole Harden goes tomorrow. Plenty keen on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

McCoy has had a poor cheltenham...dissapointing his last should start this way....hopefully he wins a meaningful race or two...its all set up for him to win the GC and GN double (100/1) at minute and im on at that...

of his chances today id say Regal Encore 10/1 in the 2.05 and Tap Night 14.1 in the 4.40 are solid eachway double material

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

McCoy rides Ned Buntline.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

went for gold cup day last year and was loads of tickets for sale outside. will it be same scenario tomorrow do people think? short a couple tickets.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

My €20 Treble for tomorrow

Peace & Co 1.30 5/2

Silvianaco Conti 3.20 4/1

Paint The Clouds 4.00 4/1

returns €1750 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Id say everyone on boards happy to see cole harden go in there.
    Peace and co and paint the clouds tomorrow will make me a very very happy bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Will he handle soft? It's due to rain tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Great time for the yard to come into form. Fingers & Toes crossed. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

All aboard Lord Windy. Ended up backing him by pure chance last year. His form almost mirrors his form from the last two years leading into Cheltenham too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

dobman88 wrote: »
    All aboard Lord Windy. Ended up backing him by pure chance last year. His form almost mirrors his form from the last two years leading into Cheltenham too.

I have him backed AP and had intended going in again but any rain would not do his chances any gd. Same for Paint the clouds who I am also on AP.

I hope any rain is minimal but knowing my luck it will be a deluge.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

1.30 Beltor e/w
    2.05 Wicklow Brave e/w (seriously this is the last chance...)
    2.40 No More Heroes, fancy him as strongly as Faugheen love this horse NAP
    3.20 Silvinaco Conti / Smad Place
    4.00 Salsify e/w Treble
    4.40 Noble Endeavor e/w
    5.15 Blood Cotil ,e/w really fancy this over a strong run 2 mile NB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Really like this shout but says on RP commentary he broke a blood vessel? Thoughts? Massive concern for me, not a fan of backing horses after a bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I think the Gold Cup is for sloggers, speed is not essential.
    So Im making the case for Sam Winner.
    I loved how he kept battling all the way to beat Medermit at Aintree in December(OK, its only Medermit, but still).
    Stable is obviously flying too with three winners yesterday. Detractors may say he was well beaten by rival Smad Place in last years RSA. Fair enough, but Sam also beat Carlingford Lough and hes much shorter in the betting. Not only that, but Nicholls has turned around Dodging Bullets form this year after he was well beaten in last years Arkle, perhaps the recent changes to the gallops at Ditcheat are also to Sam Winners liking?
    With rain expected Thursday night, it should increase the need for big stamina sloggers like my selection and with questions over the main contenders, Sam Winner could be the one who outlasts them all up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Matorico in the triumph at 40/1 e/w
    I mentioned him weeks ago that I taught he was very tenderly handled behind Arabian revolution on his debut and hopefully he will have come on a lot for the experience as he was a decent flat horse in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If its any way soft tomorrow Houblon Des Obeuax comes into the race imo, he ran an absolute cracker in the Hennessy off top weight coming 2nd, wasnt beaten far by Many Clouds who is 6lbs worse off in the weights tomorrow.

Pure head scratcher of a race this is, especially if the rain does come, already have a nice ante post bet on Smad Place but soft ground would kill his chances imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

If it does rain who will like that in the gold cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    If it does rain who will like that in the gold cup?

many clouds for one
    hope it buckets down tonite

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for punters. I fancy Beltor in the Triumph. Coming into this off a great win at Kempton on soft ground. If he was trained by Nichols or Mullins he'd be half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Who fancies Many Clouds tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The jock wrote: »
    I'm good friends with a guy who rides out horses for Willie Mullins. He's given me a few tips for the festival the last few years and most of them have won. Don Poli was the tip last year. He usually gives me a horse at a decent price. The horse he gave me for next week hasn't been mentioned by anyone in the previews. I'd take that as a good sign. It's running in the Coral Cup and its called Arbre De Vie. It's 20/1 at the moment. It was an unlucky 3rd behind Aux Ptits Soins in his first run in france. That horse is 9/1 fav for the Coral Cup. I think he should turn the form around with that horse. It won its next two races for Willie Mullins doing handstands. All the trends point to this horse doing well. 5 year old's have a tremendous record in the race. He's entered in about 4 races at the festival but I've been told the Coral Cup is the target. The price will go down once the 48 hour decs come out.

Hope he doesnt mind me quoting this, just a reminder for some like me who
    backed arbre in the coral cup antepost and may want to go in again
    wonder would they give one to townend? :pac: (ruby on hercules for those not familiar)

price looks pretty decent ew surely

20 runners and only three places, suprised nobody going 4 on it

23t0epd.jpg

edit, only 20s with lads now, didnt even get it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

The more rain this becomes betweeen Coneygree and Many Clouds for me. Coneygree is probably my favourite horse in training atm and although i think he should have gone for the RSA i actually think this is a better oppurtunity for him.

I just hope it isn't a year too soon and it isn't another Gloria Victis situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

7/1 no more heros in PP shops until 1915

Advertisement