Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 3 - Thursday *READ MOD WARNING POST 203 AND 220

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭

Preview, discuss and analyse all of Thursdays racing here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Briar Hill out of World Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Vatour is my banker tomorrow can't see him being bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apache Stronghold
    Regal Encore
    Monksland
    Make A Track

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Briar Hill out of World Hurdle.

Thats a pity, have him in a little patent with Douvan and Don Poli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Jetson, Jetson, Jetson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Jetson, Jetson, Jetson.
    be031201ce3103a299baf4e6c6f6ea56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

having a good festival so far

1.30 Dutched Apache Stronghold & Valseur Lido. Hoping for Apache as have him in a e/w lucky 63 that's going well with 2 placed horses,1 winner and one loser so far
    2.40 Taquin Du Seuil e/w , have backed Ballycasey ante post e/w
    3.20 Dutched Zarkandar & Monksland. Hoping for Zakandar as he's the last leg of the lucky 63, think he'll travel like the winner but weather he goes through with it is open to question
    4.00 Champion Court small e/w for no other reason than this forum has a serious gra for him
    4.40 Champagne James small e/w only because think he's been given easy time , if i was 100% he'd get the trip I'd be stronger on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

1:30 Ptit Zig
    2:05 Edeymi
    3:20 Abbyssial e/w
    4:40 Standing Ovation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Ok The big question for me tomorrow is the JLT.

Surely Apache Strongholds form took a serious boost today with Don Poli winning well and by that token Valseur Lidos form too.

Vatours form not as strong for me, but the vibes are excellent and his performance at last years festival was superb.

At the prices I theink Apache is the play. Think the TTT could run well as well.

Have Um Temps Pout Tout AP at 20s and Edyemi @ 12s.

Champion Court my NAP of the meeting and have backed ew at 25s saver on Radhani Express

Grand Vision in the last.

In the Ryan Air have Don Cossack in a double with Don Poli at 12s. If I get 12s or more tomorrow might be tempted to back TDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

sdoc13 wrote: »

Surely Apache Strongholds form took a serious boost today with Don Poli winning well and by that token Valseur Lidos form too.

Vatours form not as strong for me, but the vibes are excellent and his performance at last years festival was superb.

At the prices I theink Apache is the play. Think the TTT could run well as well.

Champion Court my NAP of the meeting and have backed ew at 25s saver on Radhani Express

In the Ryan Air have Don Cossack in a double with Don Poli at 12s. If I get 12s or more tomorrow might be tempted to back TDS.

Have backed it myself, 33s in Coral at the minute.

• Advertisement

Have backed it myself, 33s in Coral at the minute.

In again so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Apache Stronghold and Don Cossack double looks good right about now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

For the love of jesus Don Cossack please win, two doubles waiting on a combined €800+

I mentioned both of these bets in the portfolio thread so not semi (:P) aftertiming.

Tbh the way today went I'm not feeling confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

My antepost bets tomorrow

Vautour - various prices waiting on a thousand also includes a double with uds

10ew apache stronghold at 20/1 placed in october.

Don cossack ew 14/1 in nov
    Taquin du seiul 16/1 ew
    Ma filluere 6/1 tenner free bet win

Monetaire - 14/1, 12/1 ew
    Caid du berlais 16/1 ew
    Champ court 33/1 ew
    Ataglance 20/1 ew

Whisper 16/1 ew
    Un temp pout tout small ew 20/1
    Saphir du ru 6/1 win

Just a par 33/1 25/1 ew
    Masters hill 16/1 ew
    Gold bullett 20/1 ew

Some nice prices but i really want vautour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭corny

JLT promises to be the race of the meeting for me. Might do Valseur Lido if i get a decent price

Powers are giving you your money back should your horse finish second or third.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭oldfella

decided to have a small e/w lucky 31...all big prices
    run ructions run 2.05
    double ross 2.40
    jetson 3.20
    dare me 4.00 venita has good record in this
    heaney 4.40
    good luck

If any of you are not backing Vatour Sky bet offering free bet to 25 pound stake if fav wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Has The Package been pricewised?
    Saw him at 25's earlier which was huge, as low as 9/1 now.

Great festival record in the higher grade handicaps, this is the lowest quality handicap of the week. Looks well treated, blinkers go on and Jamie Codd is on. The obvious negative is his age but can't get away from his third behind Holywell last year, looks laid out for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Can I ask why Champion Court is your NAP? Judging from the form he looks nothing special but this forum seems to have a soft spot for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LesVerts

Need vautour to finish a double and a lucky 15, hell decide my day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

So heres my plan of action for tomorrow :

13. 40 Irish Saint

14.05 Call the Cops

14.40 Foxrock

15.20 Lieutenant Colonel

16.00 Un Ace

16.40 Bless the Wings ( a bit of a hail mary tbh )

I think Foxrock is a cracking horse and really does have the potential to go well...

ogruairi wrote: »
    Can I ask why Champion Court is your NAP? Judging from the form he looks nothing special but this forum seems to have a soft spot for him.

Horse has come well down the weights. A horse of fair ability at one point. Has run well at the course and to me looks like he has been plotted up to get a mark that is below his ability to try and deliver at the festival.

Either that or he is done at the game, which is a possibility but at odds of 25 and 33s i am willing to bet its the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Apache stronghold tomoro, I think he will love the quicker ground and it should help it's jumping.
    That said there is rain forecast during racing tomoro and I'm almost tempted to have a small e/w bet on dedigout in the hope that they get a lot of rain.
    Also think Don Cossack will do the business for the big Don Double.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

Agree with the above poster that the JLT has the potential to be one of the races of the festival!

I'll be doing a lucky 15 that looks like

Pitt Zig
    Jetson
    Champagne James
    Dawalan

Hopes are high.

If anyone wants to have a look at at a preview at day 3 have a look here, feedback is much appreciated!
    http://wp.me/p3yGUO-Lh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ogruairi

Horse has come well down the weights. A horse of fair ability at one point. Has run well at the course and to me looks like he has been plotted up to get a mark that is below his ability to try and deliver at the festival.

Either that or he is done at the game, which is a possibility but at odds of 25 and 33s i am willing to bet its the former.

Cheers for that. Will have a small EW bet at 25s so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Ptit Zig is a better horse than Vautour in my mind. If you back it on Paddy Power and it comes 2nd or 3rd you get money back. Risk Free Bet in my mind.

Edeymi is the best handicapped horse of the week. Hasn't been put in his races this season till late on over shorter trips. Last run was very eye catching. Having my biggest E.W bet of the week on this. 5 places happy days.

Ma Fiilleule and Johns Spirit in the Ryanair. No Irish horse has won this and course form is crucial. Both of my selections have good course form. The last seven winners of this race ran in the King George Chase. Good sign for Johns Spirit who looked like winning that race at one point. Just didnt get the trip. Ma Filleule 2nd at festival last season.

Saphir Du Rheu is the best horse in what is a bad world hurdle. He should win and I think its a great great price. Jetson is alive outsider. He has course form and should prove best of the Irish.

Montaire and Tap Night in the Handicap and Kim Muir. Montaire just looks a plot horse. Only had 2 runs in England. Pipe's a master at winning these types of races. Tap Night hasn't tried at all this season. Last time out it absolutely came from the next Parrish to grab a place. Up in trip, big chance.

Stupid bet but I heard Hurricane Ridge is really fancied in the Charity Race. Its laurel and hardy race in relation to jockeys but at 16/1 It could run well.

Some of below are AP prices.

JLT: Vautour 3/1 (in double with UDS 4/1) - best horse in race, pulled a muscle when poor at Leopardstown at Christmas and given he improved for better ground and Cheltenham last year I'd be confident he'd do so again. Not sure he represents value now at 2/1 but more than happy with my original bet.

Pertemps: Edeymi 10/1 & Big Easy 12/1 - Edeymi's obviously a serious plotjob having run well at festival before while Big Easy is a classy animal who's been running well in big handicaps all season and should be ideally suited by better ground and stronger pace.

Ryanair: Hidden Cyclone 16/1 & Tarquin Du Seuil 16/1 - last years two festival winners over 2m4. Can't have DC at all, Ma Fillule and Balder have still a bit to prove in my book, John Spirit is a handicapper with woeful new course form and Ballycasey although classy is impossible to thrust. Uxizandre is interesting given McCoy chooses him over TDS considering last years JLT result and Dodging Bullets has boosted his early season form even though he's been poor since. At the same time, Hidden Cyclone and TDS are by far the most solid options to me.

World Hurdle: Zarkander 9/1 & Abbysial 40/1 - Nicholls horse is the classiest animal in the race now ROR has defected. Will be ridden closer to pace than last year, has Fehily onboard which is a massive positive given he'll need to be produced late. Abbysial is totally unexposed having either fallen or won in all starts bar one in France. The trip may find him out but at 40/1 he was just too big.

Plate: Radjhani Express 16/1 & Champion Court 28/1 - simply following PC and others with these two.

Kim Muir: Gold Bullet 16/1 & Grand Vision 20/1 - GB has plot written all over him. He was a very good novice hurdler, had a year off with injury, came back at Christmas when he was hunted around by, very interestingly, tomorrow's jockey Derek O'Connor. He ran with great promise next time out under Ruby and the money has steadily came for him tomorrow. Just followed PC with regards to Grand Vision so hopefully one of the pair will strike.

The jock wrote: »
    Ptit Zig is a better horse than Vautour in my mind. If you back it on Paddy Power and it comes 2nd or 3rd you get money back. Risk Free Bet in my mind.

Edeymi is the best handicapped horse of the week. Hasn't been put in his races this season till late on over shorter trips. Last run was very eye catching. Having my biggest E.W bet of the week on this. 5 places happy days.

Ma Fiilleule and Johns Spirit in the Ryanair. No Irish horse has won this and course form is crucial. Both of my selections have good course form. The last seven winners of this race ran in the King George Chase. Good sign for Johns Spirit who looked like winning that race at one point. Just didnt get the trip. Ma Filleule 2nd at festival last season.

Saphir Du Rheu is the best horse in what is a bad world hurdle. He should win and I think its a great great price. Jetson is alive outsider. He has course form and should prove best of the Irish.

Montaire and Tap Night in the Handicap and Kim Muir. Montaire just looks a plot horse. Only had 2 runs in England. Pipe's a master at winning these types of races. Tap Night hasn't tried at all this season. Last time out it absolutely came from the next Parrish to grab a place. Up in trip, big chance.

Stupid bet but I heard Hurricane Ridge is really fancied in the Charity Race. Its laurel and hardy race in relation to jockeys but at 16/1 It could run well.

John Spirits (new) course form couldn't be worse - 0/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Champion Court is either a plot or he's regressed. The fact he has cheekpieces on tomorrow is slightly disconcerting (wore them 2 and 3 starts ago and no improvement). At 33s I'm willing to take a chance that's he's a plot and is one of two I've backed in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Today Seamus Heaney's poem 'When All the Others Were Away at Mass' was voted Ireland's best loved poem in the last 100 years!

Heaney is racing tomorrow in the Kim Muir (4.40) and is currently 16/1 - a useful chaser who posted his best effort for quite a while LTO when beaten 5L by Foxrock over 2m5f. Up in trip which while suit!

Will be having a bet on him

Advertisement