Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

71 council workers in Dublin council alone made claims last year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Riskymove wrote: »
    I love the sensationalism in the article "over 1,200 staff and public"

over 1,200 claims......71 were staff and of course they are the problem

the other 1,100 not an issue apparently.

If council workers out cleaning our streets get stuck with a needle or workers get injured while at work ....sure they should just suck it up and get on with it

And how many of those claims by members of the public are from serial chancers complainers? There used to be a bloke who lived near me who'd have 4-5 outstanding claims against Cork Corporation for accidents at any one time. He was always tripping or slipping on pavements bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

DCC workers are of course the most upstanding and honest individuals you will ever meet

No one said that and maybe some of these 71 are chancers

I do think however that the idea that around 2% of staff of an organisation who have a lot of staff doing outdoor work, driving, etc. might get injured on the job is not that outlandish

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There's a few dangerous roles also, such as firemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

bjork wrote: »
    What has their health and safety department to say about this?

or are they all out injured too?

No-one was available to comment, as they had fallen down a well at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well some of them construction sites look mighty unsafe frankly. Wouldn't be surprised.

A funeral director gets a call saying a Council worker has died on a Council construction site and could they come collect the body.

He tells his partner he won't be long as its only down the road.

5 hours pass before he returns. His partner asked, "where the hell have you been?"

He replied, "it was a ****ing nightmare I had to wait till they all left for lunch to see which one was dead...

One must keep digging :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Was it not reported that most of these injuries were Needle Prick injuries ?

21/25

Advertisement