Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Thanks :) im hoping to find a last minute deal at the end of july, hopefully to spain or somewhere like that

Top up the auld tan. Yeah you can get some good deals. Hopefully we get a good summer here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

My goodness, this thread has been rather quiet the last couple of days. What's the jackenory there?

Anyway, I hope everyone is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

ftse100 wrote: »
    Had an Interview with Microsoft for an internship position back in 2013. You're right. They ask some strange questions. I was asked why is a man hole cover round.... Strange or what.

A round manhole cover can't fall into the manhole no matter what way you turn it. A square cover could fall into the manhole on the diagonal.
    PS -Microsoft- I can start next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

blackcard wrote: »
    A round manhole cover can't fall into the manhole no matter what way you turn it. A square cover could fall into the manhole on the diagonal.
    PS -Microsoft- I can start next week

It's because windows users wouldn't manage corners
    -posted from my mac:pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Had an Interview with Microsoft for an internship position back in 2013. You're right. They ask some strange questions. I was asked why is a man hole cover round.... Strange or what.

what was your reply?

another one they ask is devise a scheme to count the number of traffic lights in a city.

sitting behind my computer id have to think for about five minutes. to think of a reply in seconds with interviewers staring at you would be hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Roquentin wrote: »
    what was your reply?

another one they ask is devise a scheme to count the number of traffic lights in a city.

sitting behind my computer id have to think for about five minutes. to think of a reply in seconds with interviewers staring at you would be hard.

I had the correct answer to the man hole cover question however they also asked me how many times does the hour and minute hand cross in 24 hours. As you said, it ain't easy when they are just sitting there staring at you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Good morrow.

Howiya :)

I had the correct answer to the man hole cover question however they also asked me how many times does the hour and minute hand cross in 24 hours. As you said, it ain't easy when they are just sitting there staring at you

thats tough alright.

Decided to take up tutoring.

• Advertisement

A girl here sent her boyfriend an intimate picture via Snapchat and he shared it through Twitter etc. She's ruined after it, she's very young and everyone in her school has seen it. Be careful who you share pictures with.

eternal wrote: »
    A girl here sent her boyfriend an intimate picture via Snapchat and he shared it through Twitter etc. She's ruined after it, she's very young and everyone in her school has seen it. Be careful who you share pictures with.

That's a real problem with Snapchat. People assume that the pics are gone once the timer goes out. But someone can screenshot it, once they do then it'll never go away especially if shared.

Karsini wrote: »
    That's a real problem with Snapchat. People assume that the pics are gone once the timer goes out. But someone can screenshot it, once they do then it'll never go away especially if shared.

I've never used it so don't know tbh. It's a scummy thing for the boyfriend to do all the same.

I've never used it so don't know tbh. It's a scummy thing for the boyfriend to do all the same.
    Absolutely. More to the point, why would someone do that?

I remember I once got a topless photo from a friend when she was drunk. I didn't screenshot it!

Karsini wrote: »
    Absolutely. More to the point, why would someone do that?

I remember I once got a topless photo from a friend when she was drunk. I didn't screenshot it!

Who would though? What some people do amazes me. You think you can trust people but you can't really.

Who would though? What some people do amazes me. You think you can trust people but you can't really.

That's part of my problem now. I find it so hard to trust people, which is partially why I've been back in a bubble over the last while.

Meh :(

I trust everyone and I always end up being hurt over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I trust everyone and I always end up being hurt over it.

There's your first mistake, I used to be like that, and now i trust no one until they've proven they can be trusted

There's your first mistake, I used to be like that, and now i trust no one until they've proven they can be trusted

Yeah, I'm trying to change alright. Had enough wake up calls at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Trust no one.

• Advertisement

Stops trusting Hugo.

That girl was only 13, I was reading the article there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Stops trusting Hugo.

That girl was only 13, I was reading the article there.

Those two sentences there, with no context, makes me look bad!

once something is on the internet its there for life. one has to be careful when socializing now, people taking videos with cameras etc.

You wouldn't want to be riding down alleyways with them smartphones going strong. It's not like the old days.

You wouldn't want to be riding down alleyways with them smartphones going strong. It's not like the old days.

yea things can go viral. trial by internet. its like kafkas vision is becoming a reality (from the trial)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Eternal that made me laugh for the first time in days... Your cracked :)

yea things can go viral. trial by internet. its like kafkas vision is becoming a reality (from the trial)

Which vision? Man becoming insect like and mechanical?

Which vision? Man becoming insect like and mechanical?

thats metamorphisis:)

the trial, a man gets arrested for a crime he didnt commit and gets put before the courts and people etc.

it was a metaphor for the soviet police who would sent random people to the gulags and trial them for crimes they didnt commit. but it can also apply to todays internet culture

thats metamorphisis:)

the trial, a man gets arrested for a crime he didnt commit and gets put before the courts and people etc.

it was a metaphor for the soviet police who would sent random people to the gulags and trial them for crimes they didnt commit. but it can also apply to todays internet culture
    Sorry, my mistake. I see where you're coming from alright. It's like you're answering to people for no reason.

• Advertisement

Sorry, my mistake. I see where you're coming from alright. It's like you're answering to people for no reason.

yea there was a guy in austrailia who was hounded by the media because he was drunk one night and damaged a hotel. ended up killing himself over the media attention.

yea, one has to be very careful and some papers have no ethics etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement