Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

i did d dublin city marathon a few years back, i highly recommend it :)

I don't think I'd be able for a full marathon for a bit yet :/
    Would love to give it a rattle sometime though.....get time to train properly is wicked hard at the min though :/

Used mainly do cycling...was going to do the Sean kelly run alright this year....but was hoping to keep it quiet like!!

Autosport wrote: »
    For Tom ;)

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So this is where everyone ran off to >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I don't think I'd be able for a full marathon for a bit yet :/
    Would love to give it a rattle sometime though.....get time to train properly is wicked hard at the min though :/

Used mainly do cycling...was going to do the Sean kelly run alright this year....but was hoping to keep it quiet like!!

Sean Kelly run?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just saying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

This would be me, if I was running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LMm6zqoRg

Sean Kelly run?

Ya....it's a big cycle run every year....not a race
    Choice of 60K,100K or 160K
    Was hoping to do the 100K....if twoz on the flat I'd easy do it....but it's all hill based mainly....il have to do a lot more training....brought off the fathers van one day and met a friend of mine In Dungarvan for a cycle one day in around the nire valley and the top of the mountains....think it was around 80ish K and I was sore enough the day after it :D....but well worth it...would really recommend it.....anyone could manage the 60K

*i don't wear the Lycra though....would be too mortified (no one wants to see that either :pac: )...maybe cycle shorts under the ordinary shorts/leggings or jeans like at times

Ya....it's a big cycle run every year....not a race
    Choice of 60K,100K or 160K
    Was hoping to do the 100K....if twoz on the flat I'd easy do it....but it's all hill based mainly....il have to do a lot more training....brought off the fathers van one day and met a friend of mine In Dungarvan for a cycle one day in around the nire valley and the top of the mountains....think it was around 80ish K and I was sore enough the day after it :D....but well worth it...would really recommend it.....anyone could manage the 60K

*i don't wear the Lycra though....would be too mortified (no one wants to see that either :pac: )...maybe cycle shorts under the ordinary shorts/leggings or jeans like at times

Before I got my car over a year ago, I cycled everywhere so i think id like to do that challenge :)

Best of Luck to you :)

So questions...who is voting for the marriage right and if so what are you voting? I'm voting Yes

Before I got my car over a year ago, I cycled everywhere so i think id like to do that challenge :)

Best of Luck to you :)

So questions...who is voting for the marriage right and if so what are you voting? I'm voting Yes
    You should!!!...at least google it
    I'm trying to make time for more training..working 50-60 hr weeks at the min :/...but the 60K is easy enough....get talking to people (maybe bring a few friends???) and its over before you know it....and no one gives a fcuk about time you do etc (though I do like to keep up pace.unless I'm having right craic and a laugh...not time watching)

I'm voting alright...always do vote....il vote yes....not out of any big principle reason....but if they want to get married let them....won't affect me...there's a couple of gay couples around here who do be walking through the roadway on the farm....they seem nice enough and happy together....never even dawned on me that couldn't get married :confused:....that's how out of touch I am

Despite numerous attempts to get Kerry County Council to move my vote back to Dublin, it still hasn't happened. As I won't be in Kerry on the day, I can't do it!

• Advertisement

I always vote, I don't understand people who complain about politicians who get into power and then you ask them who they voted for and they say they didn't vote, what the hell did you expect!! Use your vote!!

We have the by elections in Kilkenny aswell as the yes/no and presidents age vote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I'm not sure if I will vote even though I always do for elections. Tbh it doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

mg1982 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I will vote even though I always do for elections. Tbh it doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

Oohhh walking on the wild side :D

I'll be voting yes, and sure why not? If two people want to get married, regardless of gender, then let them. If they're happy together, it's all that matters. I do know a few gay people personally that are in relationships or are engaged, and I'll be delighted for them, if this referendum is passed, which I have no doubt it will be.

It kinda is important in the grand scheme of things, it shows that the nation has grown or has stayed backwards and it means so much to the couples who want equality, also if ur child was gay and they wanted to get married, it would be a big deal also

It kinda is important in the grand scheme of things, it shows that the nation has grown or has stayed backwards and it means so much to the couples who want equality, also if ur child was gay and they wanted to get married, it would be a big deal also

Yeah maybe. But sure we won't fall out over it on here. It's not the right thread to discuss it and we will have the mods on our case.

Evening all!

A strange day today. Went into work at 8am and then went down to Microsoft's HQ in Sandyford for what we thought was a technical training session. In fact it was just a sales pitch, so myself and one of the other tech guys were bored out of our tree for 5 hours! Though I thought it was cool that you could play with some of their toys in reception; laptops, tablets, phones, Xboxes and the like.

Karsini wrote: »
    A strange day today. Went into work at 8am and then went down to Microsoft's HQ in Sandyford for what we thought was a technical training session. In fact it was just a sales pitch, so myself and one of the other tech guys were bored out of our tree for 5 hours! Though I thought it was cool that you could play with some of their toys in reception; laptops, tablets, phones, Xboxes and the like.

It was probably more exciting than my day.

How do I get a job with Microsoft. After hearing that I want a job there.

• Advertisement

How do I get a job with Microsoft. After hearing that I want a job there.

Hehe, I don't actually know! Although I do know that they have a funny interview process. They ask you random questions to how you answer them off-the-cuff.

Hehe, I don't actually know! Although I do know that they have a funny interview process. They ask you random questions to how you answer them off-the-cuff.

I can answer off the cuff questions alright. All I'm missing is the college degree. Oh well maybe one day.

Yay have an interview for an assistant psychology job Friday, wish me luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

Had an Interview with Microsoft for an internship position back in 2013. You're right. They ask some strange questions. I was asked why is a man hole cover round.... Strange or what.

That's great news Pm. Fingers crossed for Ya.

ftse100 wrote: »
    Had an Interview with Microsoft for an internship position back in 2013. You're right. They ask some strange questions. I was asked why is a man hole cover round.... Strange or what.

That's the one I was thinking of!

Best of luck with that PM. My fingers are crossed for you :)

You'll have to post a pic ;)

I'm sure you look well in it.
    Where you going for your hols?

• Advertisement

Thanks :) im hoping to find a last minute deal at the end of july, hopefully to spain or somewhere like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement