Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well this pic is sad as fuk

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

eviltwin wrote: »
    Some people enjoy humiliating and embarrassing others. It's a bit of fun for them but that kind of thing can stay with a person for a long time. Poor guy.

Yep I think it is definitely the type of thing that would stay with you a long, long time, and likely shatter your confidence and self-esteem to some degree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Not sure why AH is reacting like this when a similar thread on Misc, which at times is a vile community, reacts very positively to it

Well, just as you put yourself in his shoes and came to the conclusion that you'd like the photos to stop being spread so that you can stop being further embarrassed and shamed by it, I'll do the same to raise a different viewpoint.

If I was in his shoes, where I had been shamed and made to feel like sh!t from losers while on a night out where I was just trying to loosen up and enjoy myself, I'd want this to spread. It highlights a problem with people and even though it was at my expense I'd get over it, certainly with the support resulting from it, because already it's clear that it's helping make people conscious about being kinder and less judgemental towards other people.

We can both put ourselves in his shoes and think what we would want, but I'm just glad it's neither of us in the picture, and ultimately it's not either of us who's been humiliated beyond belief by this, so probably best to err on the side of caution, rather than decide that the guy's picture should be spread, cos it's what you personally would want in that situation...

Take care mate.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cyber bullying is a real issue but grow ups can cope with this very easily - if it was a child being picked on the different ball game.

People of any age can be bullied. And no matter what age you are it can make you feel worthless.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

People of any age can be bullied. And no matter what age you are it can make you feel worthless.

Yep, definitely agree. I wish so much it was a case that grown ups can cope very easily with it. We all have emotions and can all be affected by stuff. We all have different levels of resilience based on various different factors, and we're all ultimately just human at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

Not sure why AH is reacting like this when a similar thread on Misc, which at times is a vile community, reacts very positively to it

removed

So, your response to the picture being removed is to post a link to the picture elsewhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Zippie84 wrote: »
    We can both put ourselves in his shoes and think what we would want, but I'm just glad it's neither of us in the picture, and ultimately it's not either of us who's been humiliated beyond belief by this, so probably best to err on the side of caution, rather than decide that the guy's picture should be spread, cos it's what you personally would want in that situation...

Take care mate.

Out of my hands now anyway, up to the mods to decide what to do with this thread since it's pointless with the PIC removed. They should either add it back or just delete it altogether. Not sure what the point of removing the PIC and leaving the thread open is to be honest, interesting logic.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gonna close this down anyway, not much to discuss without the picture.

OP I'm sure you meant no harm, but the picture was put online with the express purpose of bullying. There's no need for after hours to be a part of that.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement