Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well this pic is sad as fuk

Options
  • 06-03-2015 7:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

<snip>

I'd really like to know if it was taken out of context and they were trolling or something, but it's still upsetting because of the second pic. That totally disheartened and self conscious look. Some people are such vitriolic scum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

One hundred and eighty.

Yes he looks like a darts player and yes this is quite the sad pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Prefer the rape and light sentence threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

trolling or something
    taken out of context
    disheartened
    vitriolic

Indeed.

Don't worry his head will rise up again. Scum cannot rise again so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pity he didn't go over and shove your mans/ woman's camara up there arse

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

realies wrote: »
    Pity he didn't go over and shove your mans/ woman's camara up there arse

he probably would have needed to stop for a rest half way thus allowing them to make a swift getaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

I wish someone there would have told them to F off. Poor guy needs a hug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Yep agree sad as fuk, and a sad reflection of the cruelty of people.

But, while being very aware of the nature of after hours, why spread it more and humiliate the guy further?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It wouldn't be very often that I would find something on Facebook moving, but I genuinely got a lump in my throat when that came up on my newsfeed earlier.

We all know someone in life with weight issues and/or low self esteem and when I saw it, I was thinking of how I'd feel if this was my dad or my brother or husband and I just felt gutted for him. It genuinely upset me that they made that man feel so small he stopped enjoying himself and backed into the corner.

People are so fxking cruel. I just want to give him a hug. Whoever made that post is an ignorant cretin. Never have I been so upset and angry at something I have seen online. It's shameful!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Zippie84 wrote: »

But, while being very aware of the nature of after hours, why spread it more and humiliate the guy further?
    :p I always admired zippie ethics and ethos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Do you think After Hours is the kind of forum where people would further mock the guy?

Never know what can happen with a simple forum post, spreading the picture could possibly result in someone who knows him recognising him and then showing the support the internet can give. It's already got a lot of notice on the forum I originally saw it posted on.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    It wouldn't be very often that I would find something on Facebook moving, but I genuinely got a lump in my throat when that came up on my newsfeed earlier.

We all know someone in life with weight issues and/or low self esteem and when I saw it, I was thinking of how I'd feel if this was my dad or my brother or husband and I just felt gutted for him. It genuinely upset me that they made that man feel so small he stopped enjoying himself and backed into the corner.

People are so fxking cruel. I just want to give him a hug. Whoever made that post is an ignorant cretin. Never have I been so upset and angry at something I have seen online. It's shameful!!

I think it's because that feeling he is visibly experiencing in the second pic is something most people have felt at some point in their lives. Something about it is powerful anyway.

• Advertisement

Do you think After Hours is the kind of forum where people would further mock the guy?

Not necessarily.

I can see that he would be humiliated further just by it being shared much more widely, even if not one person on that platform further mocked the guy.

I'd imagine it wouldn't take much to blur the guy's face even before sharing at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

You think After Hours is the kind of forum where people would further mock the guy?

Well if I were the guy in the photo, I'd be hoping and praying that the photos would stop being circulated and it would all die down as soon as possible. Whether those viewing them were mocking me or pitying me - I'd just want people to stop spreading them further.

I don't really use Facebook, I hadn't seen this and quite possibly never would have if you hadn't posted it here. I'm sure plenty others have just seen if for the first time too - because of you having little respect for the man's dignity and spreading the photos even further.

I mean, what positive outcome (if any) would you claim to have hoped to achieve by posting that here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Thread should be locked, poor guy would not want this circulated any further.

Edit; Anyone who puts pics of themselves online are fair game; this whole thread is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If anything, this has prompted me to make a conscious effort to be just that little bit kinder to the people I come into contact with. If we'd all just tone down the harshness and abrasiveness by 5% I think we'd be amazed by the effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

You're just as nasty by posting it here. You should delete it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ya can never look cool, bustin a few moves. It's a bit like eating a banana, while walking down the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Humm. Ignore it and pretend it doesn't happen in general or highlight it and risk heaping further embarrassment on this guy specifically.

Sophie, we need you to settle something

Not necessarily.

I can see that he would be humiliated further just by it being shared much more widely, even if not one person on that platform further mocked the guy.

I'd imagine it wouldn't take much to blur the guy's face even before sharing at least.

Like I said, never know what good may possibly come from this PIC being spread. He could end up being contacted and given overwhelming support just like similar things the internet has done before. Nothing can be done about the specific individual dickheads who were behind the camera, but if the guy in the pics was found and there was a flood of support for him shown it'd make him happy. Even if nothing like this came from it, it's still influencing a lot of people on the other forum I found it on to start trying to put an end to things like this, and that forum is much bigger and harsher than AH.

And blurring his face would negate the power of the pictures.

Tilly wrote: »
    You're just as nasty by posting it here. You should delete it.

Way I look at it - probably not just as nasty, as his intentions probably weren't completely as bad, but on the other hand it can have the same level of harm to the guy by sharing it onwards as sharing it originally.

I think many of us could probably identify with the guy and how he must have felt in the second photo, but putting ourselves in his shoes now I doubt we'd want people to keep sharing it on and dragging it out further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

What's the context behind the he pic, is he irish ? Was it a party, if not why was he dancing ?

Poor fcuker just seems to be enjoying himself and who ever took the picture may not be ugly or fat, but inside tthey're as ugly as it gets, why would anyone do this sort of thin? ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Indeed.

Don't worry his head will rise up again. Scum cannot rise again so easily.

Pour a glass of water and leave it for a few days. Scum always rises to the top

If anything, this has prompted me to make a conscious effort to be just that little bit kinder to the people I come into contact with. If we'd all just tone down the harshness and abrasiveness by 5% I think we'd be amazed by the effect.

And this is why this thread shouldn't be locked or deleted.

Like I said, never know what good may possibly come from this PIC being spread. He could end up being contacted and given overwhelming support just like similar things the internet has done before. Nothing can be done about the specific individual dickheads who were behind the camera, but if the guy in the pics was found and there was a flood of support for him shown it'd make him happy. Even if nothing like this came from it, it's still influencing a lot of people on the other forum I found it on to start trying to put an end to things like this, and that forum is much bigger and harsher than AH.

And blurring his face would negate the power of the pictures.

Like I said it humiliates him further.

If it's been widely spread chances are he's already been contacted, but the more it's spread the more harm is caused, and the more harm caused to him personally and the more reason for him to need that support.

Blurring the face might negate the power of the pictures, but for me if I came across it online I'd personally see it as more important to respect the guy by not sharing it on, as more important than people learning from the power of it, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I think it's because that feeling he is visibly experiencing in the second pic is something most people have felt at some point in their lives. Something about it is powerful anyway.

I think so too, we've all been there. Poor man :(

Like I said it humiliates him further.

If it's been widely spread chances are he's already been contacted, but the more it's spread the more harm is caused, and the more harm caused to him personally and the more reason for him to need that support.

Blurring the face might negate the power of the pictures, but for me if I came across it online I'd personally see it as more important to respect the guy by not sharing it on, as more important than people learning from the power of it, but that's just me.

Well, just as you put yourself in his shoes and came to the conclusion that you'd like the photos to stop being spread so that you can stop being further embarrassed and shamed by it, I'll do the same to raise a different viewpoint.

If I was in his shoes, where I had been shamed and made to feel like sh!t from losers while on a night out where I was just trying to loosen up and enjoy myself, I'd want this to spread. It highlights a problem with people and even though it was at my expense I'd get over it, certainly with the support resulting from it, because already it's clear that it's helping make people conscious about being kinder and less judgemental towards other people.

Thank you sciencenerd for snipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Some people enjoy humiliating and embarrassing others. It's a bit of fun for them but that kind of thing can stay with a person for a long time. Poor guy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Photo snipped

I see no reason to spread the photo further by linking it here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

To keep things in perspective - it's a fat man dancing and stopping because people laughed at him. It's not really 'lump in the throat' stuff in fairness. First world issues.
    Also, photo is not real - if he was being laughed at he would move out of sight - nobody stands in sight of people laughing at them - again tho - let's keep it in perspective. Cyber bullying is a real issue but grow ups can cope with this very easily - if it was a child being picked on the different ball game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

I think he maybe asleep on his feet after that dance..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement