Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrison Ford plane crash

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

Doctors have today said hes fine and is expected to be released in six days seven nights..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Sorry slightly OT but why is everyone so suprised a 72 year old is still able to wipe his own arse? I was taught to fly by people, generally, over 60. There is this attitude in Ireland that the marbles have departed by the time you're 70. Tosh. Especially these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

70 is the new 50...or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

the_monkey wrote: »
    What is it with these actors and flying ?

Tom Cruise ... Harrison Ford .. John Travolta

In the states its common enough to fly especially in Florida and California. Lots of airstrips with golf courses and cool places to eat attached. Other airports have parks and nature reserves attached. I've flown in Florida and It was amazing. Flew to one airport that gave me a golf buggy on arrival and was able to drive around a ranch with lots of different amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Has anyone mentioned this could be a publicity stunt?

New starwars coming up and all that

• Advertisement

choons wrote: »

It's pretty difficult to crash land a vintage aircraft just enough to damage it and injure yourself enough to be convincing but just stopping short of killing yourself. As well as it being an offence to deliberately put the public at risk. Much easier to advertise than play Russian roulette with all the variables.

So I'd put the likelihood of this being a publicity stunt at low to non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Candie wrote: »
    It's pretty difficult to crash land a vintage aircraft just enough to damage it and injure yourself enough to be convincing but just stopping short of killing yourself. As well as it being an offence to deliberately put the public at risk. Much easier to advertise than play Russian roulette with all the variables.

So I'd put the likelihood of this being a publicity stunt at low to non-existent.

It could all have been staged, has there been any close up videos or photos with Harrison Ford in them? Or any of the plane hitting the ground?

Easy enough to pay a few actors, hire a stunt pilot and close off a golf course for the day.

Easier still to take out a few ads.

Paramedics attended the scene and took him to hospital. There is no way that is staged.

Cynicism for the sake of it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Golaco

Candie wrote: »

If this was staged it's without a doubt Harrison's finest performance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

choons wrote: »

I mean star wars is so low profile, it needs all the promotion it can get.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement