Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrison Ford plane crash

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

When the plane came down was there any Witness??

If the engine failed he could have Coasted down like a Mosquito.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Harrison Ford's status had been upgraded from critical to "Fine, we're all just fine here, how are you?"

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

He must have been Frantic when the engine failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Forgot he was married to whatshername,many a horn back in the day.
    Still looks fit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good man Indy. Bit dramatic to get in 9 holes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looks like a nice soft landing, glad he is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Pfft, I've flown a plane older than that one, and I didn't fucking crash it.

Ergo, I am cooler than Harrison Ford. Yes, that seems right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

it's finished filming already and apparently he dies in it so won't affect future ones.

Why on Earth would you post that regardless of whether it turns out to be true or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did the plane pass all safety tests? Would he have known about the Clear and Present Danger he faced?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

He must have been frantic with paranoia as what lies beneath must have seemed like the ender's game, but i'm sure he would have took extraordinary measures to avert the situation from any clear and present danger as he was crossing over land.

beat that :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭paulbok

Thats no moon airport!

Seriously, not surprising a man who did the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs (so good he did it in a distance and not a length of time:p) was able to get par on the 8th with a freaking plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway, his son says he's "Battered but OK!"

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What is it with these actors and flying ?

Tom Cruise ... Harrison Ford .. John Travolta

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the_monkey wrote: »
    What is it with these actors and flying ?

Tom Cruise ... Harrison Ford .. John Travolta
    If I had their money and resources I'd be up there with them TBH. Tom Cruise has a P51 Mustang which is very cool. Travolta's more into the airliner stuff which I don't get. Why drive a bus when you can drive a Ferrari. I'd be hotfooting it to Russia to try and snag a Mig 29 or better yet a Sukhoi SU27. Though a Spitfire would be very nice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭FactCheck

It's a really common pastime in SoCal, the weather is perfect for it, there are a million little airstrips all over the place.

Another common pastime is taking opportunistic photos of famous people receiving urgent medical attention. Ugh. Stay classy, LA. Really underscoring how much I don't miss you at times like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

fryup wrote: »
    He must have been frantic with paranoia as what lies beneath must have seemed like the ender's game, but i'm sure he would have took extraordinary measures to avert the situation from any clear and present danger as he was crossing over land.

beat that :p

Quality, not quantity buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Impressive that despite an engine failure he managed to guide the plane somewhere safe instead of being forced to put it down in a built up area, or on a road. The report says he was requesting an emergency return to the airport, but I guess the plane wasn't going to make it that far.

Glad he's okay. An iconic actor with so many wonderful roles that have left a lasting impression with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Its class he's so interested in flying at his age, Harrison hates interviews because of his social anxiety so the one thing that they know somewhat relaxes him is talking about it. Craig is a pilot too. Scroll to 20:30 for start of it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

He's a crap actor. Roles are all the fcuking same. Witness, Patriot Games, Devil's Own, Air Force fcuking One, Working Girl......all he ever plays is a conflicted nice guy in a difficult situation trying to do the "right thing".

But he's a decent enough bloke and I don't wish him any harm. Glad he's only got a few aches and scrapes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Harrison Ford is one of my favourite actors since my childhood after Star Wars and Indiana Jones --- he's a US national treasure! Hope it's nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Egginacup wrote: »
    He's a crap actor. Roles are all the fcuking same. Witness, Patriot Games, Devil's Own, Air Force fcuking One, Working Girl......all he ever plays is a conflicted nice guy in a difficult situation trying to do the "right thing".

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

The plane was the same age as himself. He can joke about that later.

He was haunted the gold course was there tbf.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/81439000/jpg/_81439946_harrison_ford_crash_624.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

"Come Han old buddy... Don't let me down."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I aint gettin on no plane, fool!" - Harrison Ford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Wibbs wrote: »
    If I had their money and resources I'd be up there with them TBH. Tom Cruise has a P51 Mustang which is very cool. Travolta's more into the airliner stuff which I don't get. Why drive a bus when you can drive a Ferrari. I'd be hotfooting it to Russia to try and snag a Mig 29 or better yet a Sukhoi SU27. Though a Spitfire would be very nice.

Nah, I'd be with Travolta there, Commerical aviation is way cooler then fighter jets, he has his own Boeing 707 (Qantas livery) an absolute classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I hate when people make stupid jokes about things like this.

Hope he will be ok

Have to say I agree. It shows a real immaturity that seems to be pretty prevalent in after hours.

Hope the guy makes it always liked him as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I was rich enough to be flying, I'd be all over a Spitfire or a Bf-109 or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

buried wrote: »
    I detest the modern cult of celebrity, but I saw this man play Indiana Jones when I was 4 years old, and I believe that started my addiction and love of ancient history which I am still entranced by, and always will be. Hope he will be ok.

It would be really cool if you've a neat history type job?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Advertisement