Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to handle the neighbours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Tony H

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was thinking that the other day! What specifically in the diet caused that??

dogs that eat lots of bones .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Get some nice latex gloves and wait for the next time it happens. When it does, go ahead and run to the sh!t and pick up as much as you can. Proceed to throw it at the dogs and then rub your sh!t covered gloves in her face. Then go home and have a victory fap, with or without the latex gloves still on, your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Id say try the nice but assertive approach first and if that doesn't work then go full hormonal on the bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was thinking that the other day! What specifically in the diet caused that??

No idea - I just know I haven't seen it since the 1980s. It used to be everywhere. It would just crumble if you stood on it. Ah the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

littlebean wrote: »
    As we are new we aren't certain which of the houses on the row is hers. I'm just waiting at the moment for her to pass again to go out and speak with her

I'd say just pop out with some poo bags and say something along the lines of "Isn't it so embarrassing when you forget them and people think you're the type of dirtbag who doesn't clean up after their dog?" You could even add that if you catch who has been letting their dog sht outside your gate you'll be calling the warden and reporting them to be fined.
    Classis example why dogs in housing estates should not be allowed, what if kids start playing with the dog shit thinking its food or something else.

If your child thinks sht is food then dogs in estates are the least of your worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Classis example why dogs in housing estates should not be allowed, what if kids start playing with the dog shit thinking its food or something else.

That's more a classic example of why some people shouldn't be allowed have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Buy a decent airsoft sniper rifle and aim just below her ear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 yumyum10

Take a dump in a bucket for two weeks. Put the ****e in a blender and blend it till you have a thick liquid. Add a litre of vodka. Now sip it through a straw and pretend ur on a sunny beach in Spain and forget about that dog nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gleedog

Then they'd be pretty silly kids and deserve to get sick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

How about tell her you don't like it and ask her to stop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Take inspiration from our chimp ancestors, and throw the poop at them!

Cousins, not ancestors. Humans and chimps evolved from a common ancestor. They're both modern species.

But, yeah that's probably the only solution that will work.

I think you'll have to catch them in the act and say something to them. Technically, it's littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

You're great on grand designs btw kev - but this a teeny bit of an over stretch. Even the youngest & stupidest of kids will not mistake shít for food ffs!
    (Actually Mcdonalds is an obvious exception to this rule):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

boards is getting more daily mail every day.

"Ban dogs from housing estates! Kids will no doubt rub dog sh*t into their eyes and go blind."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I'd send an anonymous letter, I hate confrontation with neighbours :o

Im thinking of sending my neighbour one, im also pregnant and he's really really angry so I'd rather just send the letter and not have to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I have the same problem with someone walking their dog, off a leash, down my street. Dogs being creatures of habit they like to shit in the same place, which just happens to be outside my neighbour's house - she is a lady in her 60s who lives alone.

I asked him politely to clean up after his dog, he just shrugged and walked away.

Is there someone specific at the council I can speak to? Or do I start collecting shite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The council litter warden handles this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Cousins, not ancestors. Humans and chimps evolved from a common ancestor. They're both modern species.

But, yeah that's probably the only solution that will work.

I think you'll have to catch them in the act and say something to them. Technically, it's littering.

Should be called shíttering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

We did have that problem in our estate and the Residents association got on to the Council why gave them doog poop warnings advising of fines by the County Council and they put them up all over the estate. It did help because people got the message that this is something that people notice and that it does bother people. By in large I think people are fairly decent and a lot of dog owner take heed. There is always the ecxeption though and if this is the case with your neighbour theres not really any reasoning with an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,102 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PandaPoo wrote: »

With your username, sounds like you are an expert on the topic... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

At the moment both her and her dogs don't give a **** metaphorically, but they obviously do literally, and they seem to be giving you **** both literally and metaphorically.
    So you should really stop taking her **** both literally and metaphorically and start giving her **** back both literally and metaphorically .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

What SpaceTime said - it's the council litter warden who handles this. A few months ago I moved office from near the Grafton St. area to a more seedy part of the north inner city, and moved house from a quiet south side suburb to the Stoneybatter area (which I love!) and the two biggest things I noticed were the illegal dumping of rubbish all over the place, and dog ****e all over the paths.

Not cleaning up after a dog is disgusting and irresponsible, and the guilty person shows a complete disregard for their neighbours/community and I wouldn't have much faith myself that they would listen to reason. Personally I wouldn't even give the dog owner the benefit of talking to them about it before reporting to the litter warden, but maybe that's just me being completely sick of seeing my lovely new neighbourhood being defaced!

There is a site where you can report these issues for cleanup, request 'no dog fouling' signs etc. - I can't post URLs as a new member, but do a Google search for "Fix your Street" and you'll find it. It might be nice if you could get one of those official signs and stick it right on your gate :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Take a photo of the offense taking place. Stick poster up in neigbourhood especially outside her house so everyone knows where the dirty bugger lives.
    Text should read "I am a sh!thead, I sh!t on you"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

How about borrowing or acquiring a large Alsatian? Have him on a long chain that just reaches the problem spot. Unlikely to take kindly to two little pooches ****ting in his territory!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'd put all the poop in a bag and next time she passes I'd hand it to her and tell her to put it in her own bin. If that didn't get the message through to her I'd report her to the dog warden, but try to film it if you can or it's your word against hers that it's her dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

If you're pregnant, best to keep away from direct confrontation.

I think there's some sprays or crystals or something that you can put down in the area, supposed to disturb the dog enough that he won't crap there (Who likes to take a crap when your nervous?") Some people put 2 litre coke bottles filled with water in their lawn to keep dogs off it, but don't do this, because it's bullsh1t.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I did some research on this recently. You have 2 options:

1. Fry up loads of bacon. Render down the fat and transfer to a ziplock bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and proceed to apply to the dog eggs like icing. This method has the advantage that the turds magically disappear. The downside is it could make the problem worse when word gets round to the local dogs that **** turns to bacon outside your house.

2. Mix up chilli sauce and vegetable oil. Put into an old ketchup bottle. Once a week liberally apply to affected area. The chilli will put the dogs off and the oil gives it some resistance to rain.

I went for option 2. So far, so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

stimpson wrote: »
    2. Mix up chilli sauce and vegetable oil. Put into an old ketchup bottle. Once a week liberally apply to affected area. The chilli will put the dogs off and the oil gives it some resistance to rain.

I went for option 2. So far, so good.

Might try that on my garden. An added bonus of this recipe for the OP here is she can sit back and watch everyone slip on the oil as the go past her house. Maybe set up a webcam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

kylith wrote: »
    I'd say just pop out with some poo bags and say something along the lines of "Isn't it so embarrassing when you forget them and people think you're the type of dirtbag who doesn't clean up after their dog?" You could even add that if you catch who has been letting their dog sht outside your gate you'll be calling the warden and reporting them to be fined.

Why pander to them, I can appreciate not approaching some people or letting them know its you complaining, Ive dealt with this sort and really, they dont give a fcuk for the most part and will probably in all likelyhood respond with hostility or excuses, just be plain matter of fact and ask them not to do it, if they decline, drop them in it.
    boobar wrote: »
    How about tell her you don't like it and ask her to stop

this,
    Id ask, but make it clear that Im being firm about it, meaning, its not a request.
    If a polite but firm approach doesnt work, then just report her.
    PandaPoo wrote: »

Im thinking of sending my neighbour one, im also pregnant and he's really really angry so I'd rather just send the letter and not have to worry.

But the person already knows where they are letting their dog crap!

Next time you seem her letting her dog at it, go out or get someone to do it if being pregnant is a concern, ask them not to do let their dog stop there and do it again, dont make any threats, tell them its unhygenic and you dont want to be cleaning it up when they should.
    If it happens again, report them

Advertisement