Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to handle the neighbours?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

We're new to our area but there is a neighbour on the same road who walks her dogs daily by our house. She has two Jack Russells and every time she passes she lets them s**t all along the path infront of our house. She then walks away leaving the mess. There is a build up now and it's disgusting. We have a dog ourselves but always clear up, I'd imagine the other neighbours believe the mess is from our own dog.

Anybody got an idea how we can stop this without starting war with the neighbours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Take inspiration from our chimp ancestors, and throw the poop at them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Gather up all the shit and fire it at her front door, her carry on is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,096 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have you spoken to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Pinch a loaf in her front garden or call the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Collect the **** and put in plastic bag. Throw bag of **** at neighbour's front door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

KungPao wrote: »
    Collect the **** and put in plastic bag. Throw bag of **** at neighbour's front door.

This will get them thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Buy a pack of those bags you use for picking up dog sh!t, and drop it through her letter box anonymously. If she doesn't get the hint, then plan B is take a dump on her doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,096 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Eat two kilograms of vindaloo, go over to her house with the morning paper and some bog roll, squat and unload on her front lawn.

If she happens to spot you, push harder, all the while maintaining eye contact, until you are completely finished and then walk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Knock on her door and explain that it's upsetting you, and ask her to keep a tighter eye on where her dog shıts.

Come back to us and let us know how it goes and we can advise you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eat them.

The neighbours I mean, not the poo...............that would just be weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebean

everlast75 wrote: »
    Have you spoken to her?

As we are new we aren't certain which of the houses on the row is hers. I'm just waiting at the moment for her to pass again to go out and speak with her

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Eat them.

The neighbours I mean, not the poo...............that would just be weird.

She looks a bit boney for that! The dog might like her though!!

Classis example why dogs in housing estates should not be allowed, what if kids start playing with the dog shit thinking its food or something else.

Gather up all the shit and fire it at her front door, her carry on is disgusting.

I was thinking of bagging it all up and leaving it outside her place but that may cause the war I'm trying to avoid if at all possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

Had the same problem with a guy who moved into the area walking his dog then stopping for it to crap at my gate, I watched for him and then directly confronted him in the middle of his dog ****ting act!..I brought a bag with me and made him lift it!!..problem solved..he now passes my gate literally dragging the dog behind him for fear it stops!!..

lakesider wrote: »
    Had the same problem with a guy who moved into the area walking his dog then stopping for it to crap at my gate, I watched for him and then directly confronted him in the middle of his dog ****ting act!..I brought a bag with me and made him lift it!!..problem solved..he now passes my gate literally dragging the dog behind him for fear it stops!!..

Thanks lakesider, good to know confrontation works!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

Dog warden. Let them deal with the issue through legal means.

F*ck her and her dogs. I bet she doesn't have a license either.

People like this really annoy me...they don't care about their neighbours or their community doing this.

AH answer- find out where she lives, bag up all the dog sh*t, put it on her door and set it on fire. Ring doorbell and run away. Video resulting mayhem and post on boards :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

So OP, what other interesting things are happening in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Report it to the local council? A few pictures to back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Take a photo of her with dog as it does it's business and send it to the council who will fine her.

If all else fails shoot her.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    So OP, what other interesting things are happening in your life?

I'm having a baby too, would you like to know to know more about that. Anything interesting in yours???

littlebean wrote: »
    I'm having a baby too, would you like to know to know more about that. Anything interesting in yours???

I would keep as far away as possible from dog shit since your pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

We're new to our area but there is a neighbour on the same road who walks her dogs daily by our house. She has two Jack Russells and every time she passes she lets them s**t all along the path infront of our house. She then walks away leaving the mess. There is a build up now and it's disgusting. We have a dog ourselves but always clear up, I'd imagine the other neighbours believe the mess is from our own dog.

Anybody got an idea how we can stop this without starting war with the neighbours?

Put a small sign there and just write. Toilet closed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tell her you've spoken to some "people" online before talking to her, it will make you seem edu-ma-cated, she'll be cleaning up your dog's poop before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Right now???? Forget about the poop and get to the hossie....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Is the dog s**t white? I haven't seen white dog s**t in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You could try leaving a laminated note on the wall for a few days with some bags taped on, saves you having to keep an eye out for her. Mention how it's affecting you, get some guilt going!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Is the dog s**t white? I haven't seen white dog s**t in years.
    I was thinking that the other day! What specifically in the diet caused that??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Hi op, just an idea, not sure if it would work but if you went out and cleaned down the path outside your house and used some jeys fluid, surely the smell would put the dogs off smelling never mind pooing there.
    I think it would be worth a try.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    I was thinking that the other day! What specifically in the diet caused that??

White buttons.

Advertisement