Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Levy

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Full Marx wrote: »

I don't have a big list but some of the semi states and councils do, albeit probably not for all employees. The HSE do for some, RTE, CIE, some govt departments and I'd assume vhi itself. You'll probably ask for some proof, I don't have any, just what I know from my own experiences and conversations. Why would I make it up? I think it's great that employers look after their workers with healthcare. (Even if I think we should have a proper public system)

The HSE do not pay the health ins for any staff.

Same goes for Govt depts.

Semi-states like CIE, RTE, VHI - maybe, but I doubt it.

holdfast wrote: »
    The dept of defense does, but they will be stuck with the levy if they wish to avoid future cost. Additionally it looks like they will be hit with BIK for having it.

The Dept of Defence does not pay for health ins on behalf of staff.

Maybe you are referring to State-employed medical staff in the DoD?

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything so. I'm not going to be brow beaten into withdrawing anything. I know that some public service, including somecouncil workers had theirs paid, partly or otherwise. (although it was back when there was just VHI) I'm not confusing anything.

No council workers in Ireland have their health ins paid by the Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything so. I'm not going to be brow beaten into withdrawing anything. I know that some public service, including somecouncil workers had theirs paid, partly or otherwise. (although it was back when there was just VHI) I'm not confusing anything.

Nobody is brow-beating you into anything. You made a statement about loads of public servants from loads of different organisations saying you "know" they get their VHI paid. You have been asked to back this up and you haven't.

It never happened.

Advertisement