Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, what are you're thoughts on Receding hairlines?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Wash half your head with Head and Shoulders, use hydrochloric acid on the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Corvo wrote: »
    You're screwed OP. A life in the caves shouting "precious" awaits.

Followed by.......

"It puts the lotion on its skin."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

Just don't get fat and wobbly in your 20s OP.....sporting a comb-over, wearing shirts half tucked in, half out and a builders arse on ya. That's not a good look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Embrace it OP. My fella is follicily challenged and I find it alluring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

As a woman, I find it quite sexy. My fella is receding a bit at the sides and I think it makes him look a bit like Jack Nicholson in The Postman Always Rings Twice.

*For the benefit of our young op, that's an early 80's film in which Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange do naughty things to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Captain Picard clears up baldness once and for all....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Women,myself included, don't give a ****e about how much hair a man has, as long as he keeps himself neat and tidy, washes regularly, dresses half okay and treats a girl decently then hes grand.

Women are well aware that even the most luxuriously haired man may be bald as a coot in a few years so its not an important thing to look for.

Just don't do a comb over, Jesus, it looks so stupid! Shave it off. Ffs. Nothing looks worse than a guy clinging onto the last of his hair, instant turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Biko's a lady!? :eek:
    Not really, I'm actually a very manly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Go for the Count Dracula look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

I'm a baldie. It happened when I was young too. Truth is, it never mattered. Don't worry about it. I think for every woman that likes the 'Boy Band Perfect Hair' look, there is another who likes the 'Ordinary Human Being with faults like everyone else' look.

(helps that I am as sexy as hell too.)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If you've a decent face, good teeth and a suitable skull shape you should be able to pull it off. Things you can actually do to help would be start lifting and aim to get jacked (look at Jason statham, a massive part of how much of a badass he is is his physique), grow and maintain clean facial hair and wear nice, well fitting clothes.

The fact you're balding so young sucks since you may find it difficult to attract girls your own age for a while since they'd be the ones most interested in the boy-band look, but as you get older you'll find women care less and less since more and more men your age will be bald/balding. This is all subjective though, you shouldn't have any trouble attracting girls as long as you're confident about it and don't give off an insecure vibe about it. I've had a couple of friends go bald and the worst part is listening to them always bringing it up and dwelling on it to the point they just sound depressed when the reality is nobody except them gives a sh!t. It's one of those small things you notice when initially meeting someone and then instantly get over. You already give off the impression that you're not bothered by it so you'll definitely be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Go for the Ted Hanky look.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Ok the top three in my book,

Freddie Ljungberg
    Kelly Slater
    Jason Statham.

There is just no more to say.

Advertisement