Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hats.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My father has taken to wearing a flat cap when going to the races.....

Please tell me he only dons such a garment at national hunt meetings and doesn't frequent The Curragh wearing this thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lapin wrote: »
    Please tell me he only dons such a garment at national hunt meetings and doesn't frequent The Curragh wearing this thing.

He saves his Panama hat for The Curragh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I guess I am going to get pilloried for this, but I like wearing a flatcap, reminds me of the old country.. also the womenz seem to like it round these parts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

kfallon wrote: »
    He saves his Panama hat for The Curragh

Aha, I think I know who he is now !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,730 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wearing a hat would mess up my hair... it's greying and receding enough as it is without looking like I was dragged through a bush :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I believe its the fedora that is the hat of the neckbeard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

M'lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What your average neckbeard doesn't get is that fedoras and trilbys were worn at a time when men wore three piece suits ALL THE TIME. Wearing them with your "vintage" sports coat you bought for €160 in a "thrift" shop and skinny jeans is just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I always thought fedoras were great, liking how well people dressed back in the earlier half of the 20th century... and ofc Indiana Jones, until them ****** reddit trolls completely tainted it forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Hats are cool as ice-cream. I have a collection becoz I look good in hats. But some people can't wear a hat at all and no matter what they put on their head, it looks like a tea-cosy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I think women who wear men's hats look quite sexy.

Attractive woman wearing a top-hat, bowler, pork-pie, or military style cap looks great.

Don't wear hats myself. They make my head too hot and my hair is curly so when I take the hat off I look like there's a bird's nest on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Egginacup wrote: »

Attractive woman wearing a top-hat, bowler, pork-pie, or military style cap looks great.

Don't wear hats myself. They make my head too hot and my hair is curly so when I take the hat off I look like there's a bird's nest on my head.
    What about men in womens hats?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,154 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Egginacup wrote: »

I'm bald so I have a collection. Women always nick them and whilst I admit they look sexy, I want my hat back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm bald so I have a collection. Women always nick them and whilst I admit they look sexy, I want my hat back.

Instead of a hat, offer them your helmet... See if they'll take that instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I have a Russian submariners leather Ushanka lined with real fur, great for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Hoop66

My head is too massive to wear anything other than a woolly hat to keep the cold off.

I wish I could be like Leonard...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I use a nice tweed flat-cap in inclement weather, and occasionally a standard GSX-R Hooligan's black wool monkey-hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wear a hat in this country (other than a beanie or baseball hat) and you're guaranteed some eejit will nab it off you in the pub and place it on his/her own head.
    For 'the craic'.
    Only ever happens here. Like wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Flat caps, caps, woolly hats and the like are fair enough, anything from the brimmed hat world which leaves you looking like a homeless Amish person is not advisable in this day and age.

Brimmed hat, hipster facial hair and braces should be enough to warrant said person being ejected from any most bars and restaurants. Should I ever be elected president it'll will warrant a short sharp stint breaking rocks somewhere cold and unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Flat caps, caps, woolly hats and the like are fair enough, anything from the brimmed hat world which leaves you looking like a homeless Amish person is not advisable in this day and age.

Brimmed hat, hipster facial hair and braces should be enough to warrant said person being ejected from any most bars and restaurants. Should I ever be elected president it'll will warrant a short sharp stint breaking rocks somewhere cold and unpleasant.

And if I'm elected president any hat wearer will automatically be allowed give you a kick in the liathróidi....

Advertisement