Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything really positive and happy going on out there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

LorMal wrote: »
    My sixteen year old son is very shy, self conscious and withdrawn. He has been bullied in school. He finds it hard to show affection. Tonight, just while I was drying the dishes, he gave me a big hug and said 'I love you Dad'.
    Worth more to me than gold, that.

Post of the day for me. Having a son going through a lot of the same issues, it brought a huge smile to my face.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Soon be turfcutting time. :)

One of the first thoughts I had when I found out I was pregnant was:

"Yeeessssssss! I won't have to do the bog this year! Yeeeeeoooowwww!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Despite a load of bad ****, me and the young un are doing well, we're sitting watching telly, happy as larry. Life is going in the right direction. Can't argue with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

heldel00 wrote: »
    I'm havin a baby! :D
    Congrats!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

My sixteen year old son is very shy, self conscious and withdrawn. He has been bullied in school. He finds it hard to show affection. Tonight, just while I was drying the dishes, he gave me a big hug and said 'I love you Dad'.
    That is so lovely. You are a wonderful father.:o:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Australia will be entering the Eurovision. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

I'm joining in on heldel00, I too am having a baby, 10 weeks gone. Conceived on first go, despite being told numerous times I would need a serious amount of medication to conceive due to underlying medical condition. Was also suffering from depression at the time, being pregnant is better than any antidepressants out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Got a job :)
    Also had a migraine earlier which has disappeared now
    And my little girl acts more and more like a granny every day which I adore :D so life is great right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Any more top quality advice?!!!:p

When the head does appear, don't relax your vaginal muscles, as they will put a bit of pressure on the baby's head. You don't want your newborn having a headache as soon as they enter this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Any more top quality advice?!!!:p

Tell him/herself to stay at the head end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I helped some guys carry a couch up 4 flights of stairs and they gave me a tenner..

that's all I got

Lucky you !! I did the same once and only got a €5 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig Harrington won the Honda Classic yesterday and Ireland beat England in the 6 Nations Championship on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Wildcard and 200-1 bookies outsider Lance Lonrinaggan won the 32nd world tiddly wink championships by a score of 123 - 117 v the favourite no 1 seed Peter Das Schettel of Holland, amazing final 10 minutes , De Schettel was leading 117-100 but Lonrinaggan managed to toss a flying cupper at the last stroke -- amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

After what seemed like an eternity, i start a new job next week.

I can run tomorrow for the first time in almost two weeks. Only for twenty minutes, but still better than nothing, I was getting very fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Tell him/herself to stay at the head end.

For definite. Some things should not be shared between a husband and wife. Some will disagree but for me this is one of those things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I can run tomorrow for the first time in almost two weeks. Only for twenty minutes, but still better than nothing, I was getting very fed up.

Exercise is so important for the mind. Withdrawal from exercise can remove the pleasure being generated from the endorphine release; long term it's very bad for the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

For definite. Some things should not be shared between a husband and wife. Some will disagree but for me this is one of those things!

yeeeehhhhh, weve had 3 kids and i totally agree, i stayed well away !!!!

i had a great weekend, wales won their game, ireland won their game, man united won . my little baby boy got christened and my family came over from wales and we all had a great weekend.

And as much as it hurts to say, i hope ireland beat us in the rugby on march 14th. I've lived here for 15 years and love the country. I just want to see the country flying proud!!!!

The Peanut wrote: »
    Exercise is so important for the mind. Withdrawal from exercise can remove the pleasure being generated from the endorphine release; long term it's very bad for the head.

Uh huh. I'd go nuts without it, thankfully between crossfit and walking the dog I've had loads of exercise but I neeeeed running in my life and I missed it. The nice man said I can do a little easy run tomorrow though and then another one at the weekend \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

A glass of wine a day makes you better looking! Who could not be happy with that news, apart from non-wine drinkers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Weasels and Woodpeckers are at Wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

Manach wrote: »
    Weasels and Woodpeckers are at Wing.

You mean this?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31711446

Reminds me of ferngully or some such...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

I shouldn't be reading threads on boards while cutting onions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

This made me smile

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

This constantly puts a smile on my face: http://enablingthefuture.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I've been in bits with pain and a whole load of other crappy things and have been waiting to see a rheumatologist for nearly a year, got an appointment for 12th March. Just as well I know the date now or else I'd be pulling my hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I've been in bits with pain and a whole load of other crappy things and have been waiting to see a rheumatologist for nearly a year, got an appointment for 12th March. Just as well I know the date now or else I'd be pulling my hair out.

Before you get too exited check its not the 12th of March 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Happened to me too - 20 years not diagnosed properly. ankylosing spondylitis. Got prescribed proper medications (Embrel). Never looked back.
    Now I can run, swim, play tennis etc - no pain.
    Good luck on the 12th. Be assertive. Get answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

The Peanut wrote: »

AVB would be proud of yis. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

There is a weasel riding around on a woodpecker. A weasel. On a woodpecker. That makes me happy!

Advertisement