Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 03-03-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭

First DGW of the season gets underway. Appetizer is Villa v WBA, Southampton v Palace, and Hull v Sunderland today before the big action tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The fact we won't know the line-ups for the important games of this GW is a huge letdown...
    Kills the mid-term planning which is really annoying...

Resisted Silva/Austin (-4) for Cazorla(Sanchez)/Giroud since the last time I got Silva in for a one week punt he hugely let me down and Austin would only be a DGW punt probably costing me a -8 overall. Hopefully I'm not gonna regret these decisions. Walters last week fail is already costing me this week and I'm afraid it'll cost me for a couple more...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

Just 3 dgw players : Austin, Green & Green. Either Austin or Kane as (C).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Back line of:

Terry (WHU) Jones (NEW) Wolly (EVE) PVA (HUL) Hutton (WBA)

Who to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Back line of:

Terry (WHU) Jones (NEW) Wolly (EVE) PVA (HUL) Hutton (WBA)

Who to play?

Terry, Wolly, Hutton. When putting the opposition names in put away teams in lower case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

As long as PvA starts, he's in my lineup ahead of Wolly. Hull don't impress me and his attacking potential is immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Need a little help lads:

Guzan (WBA home) or Foster (AVL away)?

I hate having keepers playing each other. I am 100% sure i will get it wrong, so please - help me out.

wonski wrote: »
    Need a little help lads:

I hate having keepers playing each other. I am 100% sure i will get it wrong, so please - help me out.

Its marginal they even have the same cleansheet odds! Has to be a gut call I think.

Need a little help lads:

I'd start Guzan since WBA have a striker crisis and Villa are at home.

As long as PvA starts, he's in my lineup ahead of Wolly. Hull don't impress me and his attacking potential is immense.

Yeh I guess probably best to stick him in with Wolly first sub just in case he is back on the bench. Risk of a cameo still though. Its probably marginal in the long run but PVA has a much bigger upside I can't see Wolly ever bringing in a haul that you are going to regret not having whereas PVA is the type of defender who can rack up a monster score.

I'd start Guzan since WBA have a striker crisis and Villa are at home.

Have Guzan at this moment, but if it doesn't work out i will blame you anyway:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

First DGW of the season gets underway. Appetizer is Villa v WBA, Southampton v Palace, and Hull v Sunderland today before the big action tomorrow.

I actually could have as many as 5 players playing tonight depending on my defensive selection!
    Bertrand for certain
    then 2 from Alderweireld, Bellerin ,Wollschield and PVA
    still can't decide ?

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh I guess probably best to stick him in with Wolly first sub just in case he is back on the bench. Risk of a cameo still though. Its probably marginal in the long run but PVA has a much bigger upside I can't see Wolly ever bringing in a haul that you are going to regret not having whereas PVA is the type of defender who can rack up a monster score.

We get to see the Sunderland lineup thankfully

Have Guzan at this moment, but if it doesn't work out i will blame you anyway:D

Haha, I'm happy to take it. Didn't you have Forster over Heaton when he got the 15 pointer? I'm a one playing keeper man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jose won't play same 11 as Sunday so plenty changes I'd say. This came from his presser.

Worried over Hazard and Terry now...

Its marginal they even have the same cleansheet odds! Has to be a gut call I think.

I usualy go with whoever plays at home - this backfired few times where the away team was doing so badly that my keeper had no saves, and no clean sheets either.

Keeper playing away could get few more saves. He could get few more goals past him, too.

I will leave it on Guzan anyway. West Brom had 3 cleansheets in a row, don't think they can keep it. Aston Villa is due 1 after 7 weeks.

Guzan it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I need to pick 3 defenders from:

PVA (hul), Hutton (WBA), Dawson (vil), Terry (whu), Bertrand (PAL).

Bertrand and Terry are certainties.

So it's between the other 3. Since I have Panti, I'm leaving PVA on the bench. Can't pick between the other two though, I think Pulis will go to Villa looking for a 0-0, as they are short on offense options tonight I read. But atm I still have Dawson sitting there, can't decide!!

Also, I really, really, really want to captain Aguero, but am afraid of the damage Kane might do.

Haha, I'm happy to take it. Didn't you have Forster over Heaton when he got the 15 pointer? I'm a one playing keeper man myself.

I did:mad:

I usualy go with whoever plays at home - this backfired few times where the away team was doing so badly that my keeper had no saves, and no clean sheets either.

Keeper playing away could get few more saves. He could get few more goals past him, too.

I will leave it on Guzan anyway. West Brom had 3 cleansheets in a row, don't think they can keep it. Aston Villa is due 1 after 7 weeks.

Guzan it is.

Yeh I do the same. I decided not to give myself the problem and went Foster/Myhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

dahat wrote: »
    Jose won't play same 11 as Sunday so plenty changes I'd say. This came from his presser.

Worried over Hazard and Terry now...

That would suit me great.

I'm facing a big dilemma this week chosing from
    Cazorla Hazard Eriksen Silva Sanchez
    Aguero Kane Austin

and at the back
    Rose Wollscheid PvA Yoshida Bellerin

I took a punt on Rose so he's in. Yoshida too (unless he doesn't start, it's great that we'll know that before deadline). So it's between Woll, PvA & Bell... I'm struggling here. Have had big pts on the bench from my defenders the 2 GWs before last so would love to halt this bad habit.

So 2 questions:
    1. Would I be mad to bench Hazard?
    2. Who to play between Woll, PvA (assuming he starts) and Bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

SantryRed wrote: »
    I need to pick 3 defenders from:

PVA (hul), Hutton (WBA), Dawson (vil), Terry (whu), Bertrand (PAL).

Bertrand and Terry are certainties.

So it's between the other 3. Since I have Panti, I'm leaving PVA on the bench. Can't pick between the other two though, I think Pulis will go to Villa looking for a 0-0, as they are short on offense options tonight I read. But atm I still have Dawson sitting there, can't decide!!

Also, I really, really, really want to captain Aguero, but am afraid of the damage Kane might do.
    It's a tough call at the back. Even tougher than mine I'd say...

We'll know whether PvA starts or not and we'll also know the Villa-WB line-up before the deadline. Maybe it'll help you choose. Who's absent from WB forward line?

It sounds crazy but if Villa-WB has 0-0 written over it and you rate PvA attacking potential, maybe Terry & Berty are the best candidates for the bench since WH & Palace have the potential to score.

About the captain it may be risky to go past Kane this week. Depends on your position and aim really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Betwixt and between 4:3:3 and 3:4:3 this week.
    Foster in goals.
    Defenders in order of my gut feelings of possible points returns
    Dawson (Villa A),Terry(West Ham A),Clyne (Palace H),Bellerin (QPR A) Bruce (Sun H).

Doubts in my mind that its a decent time for Terry to be rested?...what definite 3 or 4 would people start given my team situation???

If going 4:3:3 would drop Hazard from my midfield as there seems to be a hint Mourinho is going shaking it up a bit tonight.

Really appreciate any input.

Betwixt and between 4:3:3 and 3:4:3 this week.
    Foster in goals.
    Defenders in order of my gut feelings of possible points returns
    Dawson (Villa A),Terry(West Ham A),Clyne (Palace H),Bellerin (QPR A) Bruce (Sun H).

Doubts in my mind that its a decent time for Terry to be rested?...what definite 3 or 4 would people start given my team situation???

If going 4:3:3 would drop Hazard from my midfield as there seems to be a hint Mourinho is going shaking it up a bit tonight.

Really appreciate any input.

Clyne, Bruce and Terry anyway. Toss up then between the other 2.

Someone mentioned that West Ham have conceded quite a few from set pieces recently so Terry has a good chance of some attacking points as well...if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Lloris

Clyne - Wolly - Bruce
    Hazard - Coutinho - Moses - Sanchez - Santi
    Kane (C) - Aguero (VC)

Krul - Cisse - Azpi- McAuley

Should I change Azpi for Wolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Clyne, Bruce and Terry anyway. Toss up then between the other 2.

Someone mentioned that West Ham have conceded quite a few from set pieces recently so Terry has a good chance of some attacking points as well...if he plays.

Don't know why but have a feeling Mourinho will gove Hazard and Terry a rest with all the games they have coming up in next while....good chance for him to see how Zouma and Cahill work as a pair and how a midfield with Cuadrado and Willian would play??????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Terry and Hazard will start they always start. The changes will be the likes of Luis coming in for azpil oscar will start and maybe cudrado over Willian. Courtoius in for Cech also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right, hadn't really considered 442 till now but.....

Which 2 would you play from...

van Aanholt (hul), Puncheon (sot) , Bellerin (qpr), Wollscheid (EVE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Big week, good luck everyone.

Foster
    Bertrand Toby Bellerin
    Hazard Silva Eriksen Sanchez Ozil
    Aguero Kane

Terry, Wolly, Hutton. When putting the opposition names in put away teams in lower case.

Only problem is if I play Hutton I'll be watching the game tonight hoping for a 0-0 as I have Foster as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Guys, I'm not a gambling man so I can't actually read odds very well. Could anyone give me the favourites for a clean sheet out of the following teams?

Stoke, Aston Villa, Man United, WBA, and Arsenal. Basically I need to pick 3 defenders from Wolly, Hutton, Jones, Dawson, and Bellerin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure whether to start McShane or PVA? Hull decent enough at home but PVA is always capable of a 9/12 pointer.

Advertisement