Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this advert sexist?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

But why is it only woman in the pictures. With lovely aprons on.

Maybe she likes lovely aprons and likes baking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

bluewolf wrote: »
    Maybe she likes lovely aprons and likes baking

So why not a man. Even better . Why not a black man.

Its a racist and sexist advert .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

So why not a man. Even better . Why not a black man.

Its a racist and sexist advert .

Why not a a black, gay man of a minority religion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its a well known fact that mens tennis is objectively better than womens but I've still been called a sexist for expressing such a view.

That's not a fact that's an opinion. I prefer women's tennis because the rallys are longer.
    catallus wrote: »
    Link?

Here you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Girlfriend has been wanting to get a waffle maker thing. Thanks for letting us know!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pollyannawins

that man is grotesquely over weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I think the latest Land Rover is sexist. It's all compact and girly and seems designed to appeal to women drivers. Hell, Land Rovers are the quintessential Urban Tanks, if I could afford to buy one I'd expect it to be a proper Land Rover. It's patronising to infer that us ladies can't handle large beasts.:D
    The Defender is a proper hairy-arsed Land Rover. The rest of them are for soccer moms or Wayne Rooney's after-shave collection. :D
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its a well known fact that mens tennis is objectively better than womens but I've still been called a sexist for expressing such a view.
    Women's tennis is just as good if not better than mens, because being less powerful they tend to play a more tactical game. This was particularly true during the Pete Sampras era - that boy had a serve like a medieval siege-engine. In furtherence, Sorana Cirstea. :D

Advertisement