Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free SKY remote

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would be careful about this as it's meant for people with disabilities or reduced dexterity.

More info I found is here.

Don't see the word free anywhere.

340902.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

rom wrote: »

Thank you for the link. I've read the thread but haven't seen anything relevant to my circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

bagels wrote: »
    Thank you for the link. I've read the thread but haven't seen anything relevant to my circumstances.

You've no active account, so no account number, so no remote. I'd say that's pretty relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

liam7831 wrote: »
    Everyone conveniently seems to have an olde ma or da badly needing a remote all of a sudden............

would you like a copy of her government pass stating that she is legally blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

mirec wrote: »
    you can request replacement sky remote for free.
    sky account number is required

https://accessibility.sky.com/faqs/request-remote-control

Handy, the fekr who came to replace my box took the brand new remote! I saw him take it out of the box and he left me with an ancient ol yolk from my old box with a pealy back hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

househero wrote: »
    Handy, the fekr who came to replace my box took the brand new remote! I saw him take it out of the box and he left me with an ancient ol yolk from my old box with a pealy back hahaha

You know that's stealing yeah?

He should be reported.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

dodzy wrote: »
    You've no active account, so no account number, so no remote. I'd say that's pretty relevant.

Thank you for your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would be careful about this as it's meant for people with disabilities or reduced dexterity.

More info I found is here.

Don't see the word free anywhere.
    Skerries wrote: »
    My mother will be able to use it as she is partially sighted but she has the older standalone box with no dvr facilities and I was wondering can you use this with it?

Same here, only it would be for a neighbour of mine as he's got glaucoma (as i've got HD & sky+) as he's done a lot for me in the past & whenever i visit him, his other remote (saorview) is usually full of dust between the buttons & usually clean it for him, so it would be handy for him, if it'll work with that box?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just received a call from Sky about this as they have to register the account with their disability dept and to weed out the chancers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone receive their remote yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Read the other pages. Its not for anyone, more aimed for people with disabilities. I highly doubt its free also, nothing is completely free when it comes to sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Why isnt this thread closed its not a bargain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I asked for the order to be cancelled and received no response, no word on if the remote is actually being delivered either!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Has anyone actually received the remote?

I placed my order a few weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ach I think we just have to buy spare remotes as normal. No bargain here that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone actually received the remote?

I placed my order a few weeks ago now.

No but got a phone call last week asking why I wanted it so hopefully should have it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

Thanks OP..just ordered 1 for my 86yr old mother who will find bigger buttons easier to use.Just waiting on delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Skerries wrote: »
    My mother will be able to use it as she is partially sighted but she has the older standalone box with no dvr facilities and I was wondering can you use this with it?
    You can re-program the sky remote to work with an older box

Press TV
    Hold Yellow and Select until LED flashes twice
    Press 0
    Press Select
    Press Sky

If pressing 0 doesn't work, try pressing 1, or 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

I didn't get one are sky supposed to ring you about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Hope ye are proud of yourselves!!!!

7LuJkU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

one ordered for mother. arthritis in hand/thumb. got a call from Sky, and they are sending out for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

fyi, I called about this and was quoted 16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

boardtc wrote: »
    fyi, I called about this and was quoted 16.99

Think they are charging now because of all the interest in it :|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I hope those who were chancing their arm get charged the full amount for the remote control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

mikeym wrote: »
    I hope those who were chancing their arm get charged the full amount for the remote control.

Yeah, If they can afford sky, they can afford to pay the full price for a remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yeah, If they can afford sky, they can afford to pay the full price for a remote.

Which is obviously nonsense, since if Sky thought so they wouldn't have made the offer in the first place

Advertisement