Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky half price deal Groupon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

Do I read this right that I can just take the variety bundle with this coupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Interested in this too. My UPC contract is up shortly.
    I think u have to take variety bundle with either sky sports or movies and then u can add HD for a fiver a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

i assume you can cancel the subscription after 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ooter wrote: »
    i assume you can cancel the subscription after 12 months?
    Of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

So €42pm for variety and sports in hd. When this and the cpw deal was running last year it €36 for that bundle

• Advertisement

groom wrote: »
    So €42pm for variety and sports in hd. When this and the cpw deal was running last year it €36 for that bundle
    €33 actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

This works out as 19 + 14 + 5= €38 per month for the movie option.
    Or 19 + 18 + 5= €42 per month for the sports option.
    Good deal I think except it can be confusing for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

What does the €9 offer relate to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

wall wrote: »
    What does the €9 offer relate to?

Pay 9 euro which gets refunded when you sign up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I bought it, will work it out when I get it, have to get rid of this s**t horizon tv....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

groom wrote: »
    this deal is the best around at the moment unless you have a delorean and can go back in timen and get the carphone wharehouse deal then no point in mentioning it
    the groupon deal comes around every six months, last time a few people got the variety bundle on its own half price without sports or movies

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My head is completely melted today doing awkward sums.....

Could someone who has a handle on this deal please tell me if it's any better than my current UPC Horizon package (36pm)?

I have no interest in subscribing to movies or sports but it appears that I would have to choose one (sports would be my preference).

I've read it and read it but I still can't figure out if I'd wind up paying more per month.

Thanks in advance from a very tired brain :)

Look at the sky website fur prices
    The bundle you select will be half of the price on the website, if that's cheaper than what you are paying then happy days

A few boardies were able to get just the regular package without the sports or movies last year, have a search for the old thread

A few boardies were able to get just the regular package without the sports or movies last year, have a search for the old thread
    You're only muddying the waters here. That was last years offer and has nothing whatsoever to do with the current Groupon offer which is completely different.

With the current offer you MUST take the entertainment pack and you MUST take either the sports or movies pack together with HD

muffler wrote: »
    You're only muddying the waters here. That was last years offer and has nothing whatsoever to do with the current Groupon offer which is completely different.

With the current offer you MUST take the entertainment pack and you MUST take either the sports or movies pack together with HD

i am talking about the groupon offer a few months back that i posted about, it said the same thing, must take movies or sports but a few people rang up and were able to take the variety package only
    why would i be quoting carphone wharehouse deal

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    My head is completely melted today doing awkward sums.....

Could someone who has a handle on this deal please tell me if it's any better than my current UPC Horizon package (36pm)?

I have no interest in subscribing to movies or sports but it appears that I would have to choose one (sports would be my preference).

I've read it and read it but I still can't figure out if I'd wind up paying more per month.

Thanks in advance from a very tired brain :)

Its 38 a month if you choose the movies and its 42 a month if you choose the sports. I have no idea what you have with UPC so cant make any comparison Im afraid.

The list of channels you receive with the variety bundle can be viewed here

OK, another question if you don't mind (and I really have looked for the answer to this one!)

Is this a 12-month contract? If I buy it will I have the option to cancel, or cancel the premium bits of it, at the end of the offer period? All I can find is that the price will revert to normal after 12 months.

Was making enquiries with Sky last week via a live chat box, but can't seem to find that any more today either.

12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Could I cancel sky and sign up with this. My contract went out in december

Its 38 a month if you choose the movies and its 42 a month if you choose the sports. I have no idea what you have with UPC so cant make any comparison Im afraid.

The list of channels you receive with the variety bundle can be viewed here

Thanks for that!

Sorry, should clarify that I was only talking money with my question - is it cheaper per month than my UPC package at €36pm - was not expecting anyone to be a mind-reader :D

If this is right (and why wouldn't it be), then I'm still better off on my full-price UPC package. Are premium packages (ie movies/sports) really that expensive?? :eek:

• Advertisement

Are premium packages (ie movies/sports) really that expensive?? :eek:
    Sadly they are unless you get an offer like this or some other offer.

The cheapest pack that Sky have is €29 and then the variety pack is €38. If you were a Sky subscriber and had the basic or entertainment packs you can add Sports and/or movies.

The full price of adding sports is an additional €36 and to add movies its an additional €28. If you add both then the extra cost is €45

They are expensive and thats why there are deals/offers every so often to entice new customers to sign up. Existing customers will most likely get discounts if they are out of contract but only if they go looking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

For me i need the variety pack because I want Disney Junior.....if I dont get I am dead

So I have to get Variety, HD Pack and sports.....coming in at 32 per month with the free Sky + box

I could go movies at 28 per month but movies is a waste of time, at least if I have Sky Sports I can watch and record the rugby!!!

Not a bad offer and of course I dont have crappy UPC....

I might go with Sky Internet so I might ring them and see if I bundle in internet will they do anything better

cena wrote: »
    Could I cancel sky and sign up with this. My contract went out in december
    You would need to register as a new customer to avail of the offer. It can be done though :)

Big Nelly wrote: »
    So I have to get Variety, HD Pack and sports.....coming in at 32 per month with the free Sky + box
    Dont think that figure is right. If it was Id cancel myself and sign up in the wife's name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Would only want variety pack and HD if I could get it half price.
    Think I'll go for this deal. Presume it's free installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

You would need to register as a new customer to avail of the offer. It can be done though :)

Would they not notice the same address again

Is there a time limit on buying this deal?

I'm tempted to buy it just to give myself the option, for the sake of 9 quid it might be worth it.

But am quivering at the thought of the trauma of hanging a satellite dish and all the wiring.....

cena wrote: »
    Most if not all addresses can be altered in some shape or other ;)

Is there a time limit on buying this deal?
    Groupon's website says 25th March but I wouldn't hang around though as I seen their offers for other things being sold out

But am quivering at the thought of the trauma of hanging a satellite dish and all the wiring.....
    Sky would be doing all that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Dont think that figure is right. If it was Id cancel myself and sign up in the wife's name :D

Got the same myself alright. Variety, HD and Sports came is at 32 a month. Not sure how the figure was being drawn. Hopefully it stays that way as I put in the order a few hours ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As muffler said, any address can be changed.

1 new street
    Ballygobackwards
    Dublin 5.

New Street No 1

or

Ballygobackwards
    1 New Street

etc

Even putting it in Irish works!

Advertisement