Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ardamine wexford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

It's to near Riverchapel avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭James esq

It's to near Riverchapel avoid

Well it is hard to argue with that. Where are you from by the way, maybe you should go back to the national school and complain that you don't know the difference between to too and two. When you do that you can explain to us why you are in the position to advise people to avoid an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

^^^

Grammar nazi alert:eek:

James esq wrote: »
    Well it is hard to argue with that. Where are you from by the way, maybe you should go back to the national school and complain that you don't know the difference between to too and two. When you do that you can explain to us why you are in the position to advise people to avoid an area.

Ok I hold my hands up, you got me there. I don't read enough, however a quick look at the local papers will tell you all about that area and why you should avoid buying there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭James esq

Nothing about Ardamine in the papers.

• Advertisement

Nothing about Ardamine in the papers.

Check my 1st post tnks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Gorey Bus Links operates the service, their number is on their .ie site , they have a stop at Glenbeg Point you can give them a call and ask when the next bus is due during the day.

I'm familiar with Gorey Bus Links James and to call it a good bus service is, to put it mildly, stretching it a bit.

Ok I hold my hands up, you got me there. I don't read enough, however a quick look at the local papers will tell you all about that area and why you should avoid buying there.

Don't believe everything you read. I'm a long time living in the area now and admittedly, there are some problems but the majority of these are caused by outsiders. There is a good level of community activism in the Courtown/Riverchapel/Ardamine area but because of the high instance of dwellings unoccupied for long periods, it is attractive to criminal elements who often travel from as far as North County Dublin. Per head of population however, the area has a much smaller problem than Gorey or Enniscorthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Benefits Supevisor Resting

I think that it is lovely living beside the sea and close to all the amenities and a good range of shops in Gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 13roses

Hi everyone, I didn't get to move to Wexford yet but am still looking. My house should be sold in 4 to 6 weeks so I am still trying to find somewhere in Ardamine. My one big worry is my 15 year old son, he is in junior cert year now and is not keen to go to live in Wexford and change schools. What are the best secondary schools around the area? He is in an all Irish school. Are there any estates that you wouldnt buy in for whatever reason?

• Advertisement

13roses wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I didn't get to move to Wexford yet but am still looking. My house should be sold in 4 to 6 weeks so I am still trying to find somewhere in Ardamine. My one big worry is my 15 year old son, he is in junior cert year now and is not keen to go to live in Wexford and change schools. What are the best secondary schools around the area? He is in an all Irish school. Are there any estates that you wouldnt buy in for whatever reason?

Have you a pressing reason for wanting to move at this stage? If not, you should think long and hard about the situation regarding your son.
    I'm conscious of the fact that I am not a qualified counsellor and this is a regional forum rather than a personal advice forum but I have had to deal with a similar situation which, thankfully, worked out very well but there are so many variables to consider.
    Back on topic. There are several estates in Riverchapel/Ardamine in which I would choose not to live but that is not necessarily because there is anything wrong with them, rather it's from my own personal choice. You need to decide what you want or don't want in a place to live, some estates in the area are very big and congested and that suits some people but wouldn't suit me. I wouldn't choose to live anywhere which has been built primarily as a holiday home, simply because I think the quality of build is poor and a lot of work may be necessary to bring it up to standard but that may not be an issue for you and you may prefer the proximity to amenities. In essence, you need to decide what, to your mind, is a "no no" and come back and ask the question again.
    Gorey Community School is an excellent school which consistently returns good results, they have a good programme of interaction with both pupils and parents and I personally, have only the highest opinion of them. Creagh College is an unknown quantity as far as I'm concerned but I have neighbours whose children attend there and have not heard anything bad about it.
    There is no second level Gaelscoil in Gorey, the nearest one being, I think, in Arklow but I believe Gorey Community School have a special programme to teach classes through Irish on an opt in basis, I expect its operation depends on uptake. It's something you could enquire about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoiferyan789

Hi there,

I know this post has been up for a couple of years now.

I am just wondering if you ever moved to Wexford as I am looking in and around courtown, ardamine area.

I would be very interested to hear anyones thoughts on living in the area.

Thanks,

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We moved down nearly 6 years ago now. We love it. The comments above, about Riverchapel are old and we haven’t had any issues at all while here. Our estate and a few others that I know of (all of the same design) are extremely quiet. Courtown gets quite busy during summer and extended school breaks and that is the only time I see any issues but that stays in Courtown (broken bottles, smashed signs down by the harbour and the odd window of a takeaway or shop)

Overall, we love it, 8/9 months of the year, it is very quiet and you are only 15 min from all that Gorey has.

Advertisement