Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sundays!

Options
2»

Comments

Sundays usually consist of waking up with no hangover, doing a long run, a food shop, cooking food for the week, and walking the mutt.

Today started waking at 6am with a mouth like ghandi's flip flop. Stumbling to the kitchen to get a pint of squash. Going back to bed. Waking at 7:30 with a headache trying not to move. Falling back asleep and waking up a few times before finally getting out of the bed at 10:30. My drinking buddy got up soon after and we had tea. I managed to make us breakfast, bacon eggs and pancakes, yum. She then instructed me on how to make a fire. Since then I've pretty much just kept the fire going. Had a snooze on the sofa. Watched the rugby.

I have no food in the house and no lunch made for tomorrow. I've no eggs left and I don't have my work clothes ready.

This is why I don't drink much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ruu wrote: »
    Glenroe then homework. :(
    wadk wrote: »
    School around the corner!!!!

Don't forget Theresa Lowe & Where in the World.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love Sundays.

I'll kick off the morning with a 10k. Few things better than getting up early and hitting the tarmac. Hearing the birds starting to sing and the Sun starting to edge its way over the horizon. I'll head home, hit the sauna, before winding down in the steam shower.

I'll then check out the news. Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung is my paper of choice of a Sunday, so I'll spend some time reading it. I only wish that more Irish people spoke German so they could understand the pragmatic and enlightened opinions of the centre-right here in Germany. It boils down to "we gave you money, so now we'd like it back. Please. This is only fair".

I'll listen to a podcast while I prepare breakfast. This morning was the full Irish. We invited some friends over for it, as we were going for a hike afterwards. We had rashers and sausages from Pat Loughnane in Loughrea and black pudding from Inch House.

Hit the road for a trip into the hills. Nice relaxed hike. Headed into a local pub where they had the Ireland England game available to watch. We shared a huge cheese and cured meat platter. German portions! I was driving, so didn't sample the local beer.

Having a glass of Reisling at the moment. Watching the football highlights and thinking about rustling up a snack.

Sounds like my ideal sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I try do as little as possible. Last few Sundays have been just watching TV and relaxing all day. Although today I did go to the gym. So that's something. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Don't forget Theresa Lowe & Where in the World.

Jesus your bringing it all back to me now
    Out at play in and washed and uniform ready for school monday morning
    Those where the days I hated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jesus your bringing it all back to me now
    Out at play in and washed and uniform ready for school monday morning
    Those where the days I hated.

Glenroe finished in 2001 & every couple of Sundays I get flashbacks to the ending credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,788 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got up around 9, showered, got dressed, put on some washing and did the shopping for the week.
    Watched the Liverpool/City game and since then its been a House of Cards marathon.. will watch Top Gear and Dragon's Den before bed around 11.

Alternate Sunday consists of trying to keep up with my little fella.. harder work than I do all week :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Having 1 americano coffee (very occassionally 2) in my local watering hole in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Woke up at 9.30 and didn't drink last night so felt A1 for a change. Himself is not here this weekend, so had me breakfast in bed (egg and toast and tea) and stuck on some sounds. Got up, cleaned the flat, got dressed, went and got a coffee and a few bits from the supermarket then studied. Had me lunch which I made yesterday (spent yesterday cooking tasty veggie food for the next few days).

I teach Eeeengleesh to immigrants in the evenings and although it's a bit far away and I'm not always enthused about preparing a class and getting on a metro (where I spend most of my life) on a Sunday and travelling there, I love it once I get there as they're a lovely bunch it's a great way keep my mind off Monday.

I usually walk most of the way home for exercise and stop in for a wine and a read on the way home. Back now eating din dins and preparing my classes for tomorrow.

Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Up at 6.30 this morning showered and shaved,got dressed,got stoned and then walked the hound from balbriggan to laytown and back along the coast despite the weather.A lovely route,one I'd highly recommended to anyone living nearby.Famished from all my exertion a massive breakfast was thrown together and devoured.Got stoned again,and then met up with the father in law in his local for a few pints and a game of pool.Back home for dinner by 5 o clock,milled it,got stoned once again,read the paper and in 5 mins i face the nightly battle of putting my son to bed without any major argument.Sunday nights are usually the worst for this

• Advertisement

Up at 6.30 this morning showered and shaved,got dressed,got stoned and then walked the hound from balbriggan to laytown and back along the coast despite the weather.A lovely route,one I'd highly recommended to anyone living nearby.Famished from all my exertion a massive breakfast was thrown together and devoured.Got stoned again,and then met up with the father in law in his local for a few pints and a game of pool.Back home for dinner by 5 o clock,milled it,got stoned once again,read the paper and in 5 mins i face the nightly battle of putting my son to bed without any major argument.Sunday nights are usually the worst for this

Feel his pain
    Bleeding Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Up at 8, brekkie, installed a few light fittings, watched Pool - City, first half of Arsenal - Everton, few English mates over for beer, rugby and banter, gave the little guy a bath, dinner and finishing off the evening with House of Cards Season 3 and a bottle of Ardbeg.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Sit around knitting and watching rugby until it's time for the train, get the train back here, grab a takeaway and go home for yet more knitting, this time with some soundtrack for company. Today it's listening to the book of mormon and trying to finish this bloody sock!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Up at 6 ran light run from Malahide to Portmarnock and back, young lad had just woke up so we both had porridge with blueberries. Rained and snowed a bit but headed to Malahide castle for a stroll, Mrs T went into Avoca while me and little T hit the wood trails. Into Malahide after for dinner in Gibneys and 2 nice pints. Now have feet up reading a good book while herself giggles at groundhog day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

On average, every second sunday for me is working a 12 hr shift. Only in half an hour so veging on the sofa for the evening.

Up at 6 ran light run from Malahide to Portmarnock and back, young lad had just woke up so we both had porridge with blueberries. Rained and snowed a bit but headed to Malahide castle for a stroll, Mrs T went into Avoca while me and little T hit the wood trails. Into Malahide after for dinner in Gibneys and 2 nice pints. Now have feet up reading a good book while herself giggles at groundhog day again.

Ah gibneys
    Great pint
    Not tempted for more??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Up at nine-ish, make a cuppa, get the fry on. Have that while reading the papers, leave the dishes in the sink while I run the hoover around.

Clean said dishes, watch a bit of telly, usually Sunday Brunch or Judge Judy, then start preparing the veg for the roast (today was beef).

Read magazines or my book for a bit, then stick Strike it Rich on at 6pm while we're having our dinner, usually with a glass of wine.

Clean dishes and then slouch in front of the telly all night (I'm missing Dragon's Den :(, have a few drinks and head to bed at around midnight.

Currently having Bulmers and some peanuts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Usually try to get up early on a Sunday. Early being before 10am. I generally go for a quick jog, to clear the cobwebs. If it's raining out or if I'm feeling like a bit of a wuss, I'll go on the treadmill or exercise bike instead.

Sunday lunch with the family usually. Followed by watching football or rugby or GAA on the box, or going to Croke Park sometimes if there's a game there.

The evening is genuine "me" time. Spanish football on the telly, watching films or TV shows on my laptop, having a light snack and just generally relaxing and getting ready for the shit storm that is inevitably waiting for me on Monday. :P

That's the usual process, but sometimes it can be different. Generally that's the pattern. But Sunday is a free day that can lead into having random adventures with the friends or going for lunch/dinner with someone or who knows.

I love Sundays, as they are a treat once a week for a genuinely free day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ah gibneys
    Great pint
    Not tempted for more??

Of course but little T time means more to me than beer time. 2 hours in the pub is 2 hours i van be playing with him.

Of course but little T time means more to me than beer time. 2 hours in the pub is 2 hours i van be playing with him.

I fully agree, my little lady gets dropped home, sunday eve/night is genuinely my only night on the weekend for a brewski
    Malahide is a smashing place alll the same for a day/night out
    Coming from a southside opinion:-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement