Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sundays!

Options
  • 01-03-2015 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

So what do your sundays consist of
    Do you sup even though it's work tomorrow and would that be every week??
    I drop my daughter home, open a bottle of red and catch up on the sports recordings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Vegged out in front of the TV in a disgusting state of sweat, dried cum and grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Today....trying to make it out the other side of. Hangover alive :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Vegged out in front of the TV in a disgusting state of sweat, dried cum and grease.

It's around now I can feel the grease dripping down off my hair and any time I move my legs I get that waft of fermented ball sweat

Sleep in (or sleep off the drink from sat night) and watch sport all day is my normal Sunday. Go to mass in the evening and grab some sort of take away to finish off the day.

'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mass. Meet up with friends for coffee. Make dinner and have dinner with kids and grand kids. Watch rugby. A glass of brandy watching TV later. A fairly standard and enjoyable Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Mostly reading or fishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

Dónal wrote: »
    'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Yep, it can be a howler of a day despite being a day of supposed rest
    Leaves me with roundy arse syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Started work at 6.30am, still here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Can either be a boring, relaxing or busy day! Usually a day of rest or going somewhere! :cool:

• Advertisement

Mass. Meet up with friends for coffee. Make dinner and have dinner with kids and grand kids. Watch rugby. A glass of brandy watching TV later. A fairly standard and enjoyable Sunday.

Are you sir henry regan from blood bloods??:-)

Mostly reading or fishing

Are you mad! Reading is Tuesday and Wednesday, while fishing is Monday and Thursday. You need to sort your life out.

wadk wrote: »
    Are you sir henry regan from blood bloods??:-)

I have no idea what any of that means so no, I suppose.

I have no idea what any of that means so no, I suppose.

Everything you described is a scripted scene from the tv series blue bloods

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So what do your sundays consist of

Bed, coffee and newspapers in the morning.

Then a nice big fry in the hotel in town.

Then watch Liverpool beat Man City.

Then watch Ireland beat England.

Having a nice roast dinner while Connacht hammer Trevisio now.

Few pints later.

And looking good for a bit of :):):) later tonight. :cool:

I fukin love Sunday and wish they were all like today :)

Everything you described is a scripted scene from the tv series blue bloods

I've never seen it but so be it if my Sundays match with anybody else's. I don't have a patent on it. I doubt my Sundays are in any way unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mass, only the necessary farm work, watch sport, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Three baskets full to over flowing of laundry - washing machine and dryer have been going since 9am, so basically I've been washing, hanging, folding, sorting and loading all flipping day.
    Either that or we'll all have to go naked for the week. :pac:
    Next up - three days of washing up my OH was supposed to do but didn't!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Glenroe then homework. :(

Ruu wrote: »
    Glenroe then homework. :(

School around the corner!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

buy and read the sunday newspapers, followed by some cleaning or grocery shopping. Evenings usually catch up TV shows, have a quiet pint or fight off Sunday night syndrome in advance of work Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Do you go to first or second mass, i prefer the first mass the priest is more in control of the mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bring my kids football training in the morning. Usually head out somewhere like the park, shops or markets for an hour or two. Veg out and have a big dinner. Bath kids in the evening and watch TV with a beer or two.

Before the kids came along, I loved Sunday pints. Something about Sunday afternoon pints that's great.

CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Do you go to first or second mass, i prefer the first mass the priest is more in control of the mass.

Our rural parish only has one priest and one mass, so technically first mass, I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I love Sundays.

I'll kick off the morning with a 10k. Few things better than getting up early and hitting the tarmac. Hearing the birds starting to sing and the Sun starting to edge its way over the horizon. I'll head home, hit the sauna, before winding down in the steam shower.

I'll then check out the news. Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung is my paper of choice of a Sunday, so I'll spend some time reading it. I only wish that more Irish people spoke German so they could understand the pragmatic and enlightened opinions of the centre-right here in Germany. It boils down to "we gave you money, so now we'd like it back. Please. This is only fair".

I'll listen to a podcast while I prepare breakfast. This morning was the full Irish. We invited some friends over for it, as we were going for a hike afterwards. We had rashers and sausages from Pat Loughnane in Loughrea and black pudding from Inch House.

Hit the road for a trip into the hills. Nice relaxed hike. Headed into a local pub where they had the Ireland England game available to watch. We shared a huge cheese and cured meat platter. German portions! I was driving, so didn't sample the local beer.

Having a glass of Reisling at the moment. Watching the football highlights and thinking about rustling up a snack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I love Sundays.

I'll kick off the morning with a 10k. Few things better than getting up early and hitting the tarmac. Hearing the birds starting to sing and the Sun starting to edge its way over the horizon. I'll head home, hit the sauna, before winding down in the steam shower.

I'll then check out the news. Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung is my paper of choice of a Sunday, so I'll spend some time reading it. I only wish that more Irish people spoke German so they could understand the pragmatic and enlightened opinions of the centre-right here in Germany. It boils down to "we gave you money, so now we'd like it back. Please. This is only fair".

I'll listen to a podcast while I prepare breakfast. This morning was the full Irish. We invited some friends over for it, as we were going for a hike afterwards. We had rashers and sausages from Pat Loughnane in Loughrea and black pudding from Inch House.

Hit the road for a trip into the hills. Nice relaxed hike. Headed into a local pub where they had the Ireland England game available to watch. We shared a huge cheese and cured meat platter. German portions! I was driving, so didn't sample the local beer.

Having a glass of Reisling at the moment. Watching the football highlights and thinking about rustling up a snack.

Will you compete an Ironman or maybe a marathon after the snack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

they're of the mylazy variety :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Watched rugby, went to the gym..cook nice food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I love Sundays.

in other words u had 8 **** and 8 snoozes

Advertisement