Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Laim Neeson have to adopt an American Accent in his movies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

"Hey, Im James Bond / The Terminator, Im going to speak in my own accent and if anyone has a problem, Im outta here"
    Neeson isnt that big a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Agricola wrote: »
    "Hey, Im James Bond / The Terminator, Im going to speak in my own accent and if anyone has a problem, Im outta here"
    Neeson isnt that big a name.

? None of the actors who played Bond or Arnie were big names before they first took up the roles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Because he's told to I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ha yeah fassbender goes totally irish on the beach

I was reading an interview with some irish lad who was to interview in NYC for an irish role - the character was from the same town as the actor. So he talks normally as he would at home. "nobody talks like that, stop faking the accent" - rejected
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I hate how people act like Liam Neeson is some super hero. "Oh you wouldn't want to cross Liam Neeson!"

He's an actor. He's an old man. His roles are all scripted in case you haven't realised that yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Patser

Agricola wrote: »
    "Hey, Im James Bond / The Terminator, Im going to speak in my own accent and if anyone has a problem, Im outta here" Neeson isnt that big a name.

He has an Oscar.
    He rescued thousands of Jews from the Nazis.
    He gained Irish Independence .
    He led the A team.
    He trained Batman.
    He was mother eff ing Aslan!
    He will find you and he will kill you if you say he isn't that big a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I hate how people act like Liam Neeson is some super hero. "Oh you wouldn't want to cross Liam Neeson!"

He's an actor. He's an old man. His roles are all scripted in case you haven't realised that yet

He'd still have to beat me off with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

He'd still have to beat me off with a stick.

As you would be beating off his stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It's probably just for fun like the Chuck Norris "facts". I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Oops69 wrote: »
    Nothing worse than a nornironmurican accent

Nadine Coyle's hurts my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

JJayoo wrote: »
    ? None of the actors who played Bond or Arnie were big names before they first took up the roles

I was speaking about Connery. He was playing a British agent so a Scottish accent was appropriate. After that he was such a big name he probably never had to worry about changing it for roles, and then it just became his trademark.

Arnie was playing a time travelling cyborg killing machine, so his accent was perfect. Again, he then became such a big deal, he didnt really have to worry about changing it and it became his trademark. Plus, I doubt he would have been able to adopt a different accent anyway!

Advertisement