Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colour do you see

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Blue and black

..any more detail about the how, what and why for this woolly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Which one means there's something wrong with you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

White and gold

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Blue and black

..any more detail about the how, what and why for this woolly?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/help-am-i-going-insane-its-definitely-blue#.igvaPAz0N

I see black and blue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

It's black and blue...

update: I see traces of gold on the black fringe, but maybe it's the lighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Both! My friend just asked me, I see white and gold and then when I scroll or look at the bottom only, it turns blue/black. Depending on where I look it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Blue and gold.

Am I broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Wide Load

Clearly white and gold..

Wide Load wrote: »
    Clearly white and gold..

It's actually a black and blue dress though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Blue and brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Black and blue, could be someting to do with the background been so bright that people are seeing gold

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

#7D8BB8 and #77653D (blue and gold)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Baby Jane wrote: »
    Which one means there's something wrong with you?

If you look at the picture and you see a naked Marty Morrissey

PandaPoo wrote: »
    It's actually a black and blue dress though :)

Well now I won't sleep tonight until I make it turn black and blue :(

See it's not as clear cut as people think.

As far as I'm concerned it's clearly blue and black, I see a hint of white in the front and a bit of gold, but that's it, just a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I saw this earlier! Saw it as white and gold. Then someone mentioned lilac! Now it looks lilac and a goldy green! Strange!

Well now I won't sleep tonight until I make it turn black and blue :(

This is another pic, sorry can't post links. So the dress is black and blue, but just looks white and gold.

http://

media.tumblr.com/ec387ec0bb03230268a9e905d74097d9/tumblr_inline_nkeezsjAuH1svicb3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's mental. I don't see any white at all, don't see any black at all. For me, it's clearly blue with gold/brownish trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

It probably depends on your device. I don't think humans really see things that differently to each other.

I see blue and gold.

This is another pic, sorry can't post links. So the dress is black and blue, but just looks white and gold.

media.tumblr.com/ec387ec0bb03230268a9e905d74097d9/tumblr_inline_nkeezsjAuH1svicb3.jpg

Ah now..no way is that the same dress is it? Madness.

• Advertisement

Apparently that's the actual dress being worn by the Tumblr person who started all this ( of course it was someone on Tumblr)

There's absolutely no ambiguity there for me, black and blue.
    Who would of thought before the internet was invented that one day it would be used so strangers could argue about the colour of a dress on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Black and Blue

Ah now..no way is that the same dress is it? Madness.

Yep, same dress, same woman posted it on her account!

I can see both, so I can tell that the gold and white doesn't look right, when its black and blue it makes more sense. Somehow....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭incrisis

Blue dress with brown lace type things stitched on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Brasso

Looks white and gold to me, but if I kinda unfocus my eyes like you do to see those 3d illusion pictures then I can see it as blue and black. Also if I bring the picture right to my face so I see it as double it turns blue and black.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

White and gold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

It probably depends on your device. I don't think humans really see things that differently to each other.

I see blue and gold.

Any group of people/couple out there looking at same device but with different responses ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

http://media.tumblr.com/ec387ec0bb03230268a9e905d74097d9/tumblr_inline_nkeezsjAuH1svicb3.jpg
    Compared to the above, the original dress appears purple and black.

But still not white and gold.

No idea what is going on.

Any group of people/couple out there looking at same device but with different responses ??

Yeah, my husband can't see anything but blue/black, whereas at the start I could only see white/gold.

There was talk of divorce....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

What colour we see depends on light and reflection. If that dress is blue and black normally, it isn't in the first picture where the reflections on the black reflective bandings are reflecting brown/gold.

In other news if a reflective white surface is lit by green light it looks green.

Advertisement