Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Gilmour UK Tour Sept

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The accomdation around the Royal Albert Hall is hugely expensive. If you get a reasonably priced hotel, chances are its below sub standard, certainly thats what I found when doing my research.

However, I found this place http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g186338-d291788-Reviews-Imperial_College_Accommodation_Princes_Gardens-London_England.html

If like me, you are travelling solo, this is ideal and very reasonably priced.

The walk from South Kensington tube station to the Royal Albert hall is about 10mins.
    The Prince's gardens is halfway between the two.

I dont intend on spending much time in a hotel anyway, so this is perfect.

Just thought I'd throw it in there, in case anyone else is still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

The Premier Inn in Kensington is about a 10-15 minute walk from the RAH and sometimes has surprisingly good deals. I was at a gig in the RAH earlier this year and managed to get a room in it for £60.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

A preview show has been announced for 5th Sept in brighton... Pre sale is currently running on Ticketmaster UK

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004EF6DA95AB0C?did=dgfanpre5&eml=2015July25/2579052/6223366&etsubid=31834346

Has anyone received their tickets for any of the Royal Albert Hall shows yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

poundhound wrote: »

Not yet, I will wait until the end of the week before contacting the RAH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Clacke

Received this email from Ticketmaster yesterday:

David Gilmour - Royal Albert Hall, London

Hi there,

Just a few details about dispatching your tickets...

The event organisers are sending us their own tickets for this show, but this might not be until nearer the time. As soon as we have them in, we’ll print them and send them out to you. The latest you should receive them is around 5 days before the event.

We’ll update the ticket dispatch page on our helpdesk when tickets start to go out. If you booked online, you can check your order’s progress by logging into My Ticketmaster.

We hope you enjoy the show!

Best Wishes,
    Ticketmaster Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Has the UK tour sold out, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

blastman wrote: »
    Has the UK tour sold out, out of interest?

Yes.. after about ten minutes !!

Here's the setlist from the preview show in Brighton last night:
    First Set: 5am; Rattle That Lock; Faces Of Stone; Wish You Were Here; A Boat Lies Waiting; The Blue; Money; Us And Them; In Any Tongue; High Hopes.

Second set: Astronomy Domine; Shine On You Crazy Diamond; Fat Old Sun; On An Island; The Girl In The Yellow Dress; Today; Sorrow; Run Like Hell.

Encore: Time/Breathe (reprise); Comfortably Numb.

The Royal Albert Hall have detailed they are waiting on the tickets from the promoters but they anticipate tickets, including international orders, will start being dispatched before the end of this week.

• Advertisement

The Royal Albert Hall have detailed they are waiting on the tickets from the promoters but they anticipate tickets, including international orders, will start being dispatched before the end of this week.

I emailed the promoter yesterday and they told me the tickets were being sent to the RAH this week and should be posted out by Friday. They also stated that they were restricted on them being sent out earlier to prevent resale on the secondary market.

Well that was quick, these arrived this morning.

21291149196_0bea33c518_h.jpg

Did anybody who bought their tickets through Ticketmaster receive them yet?

I bought mine from the RAH and I haven't received mine yet.

*Update: I posted this last night and the ticket arrived this morning :)

The dates of David's appearances at the Royal Albert Hall in London next year have now been confirmed. David and his band will be performing there on September 25th, 28th, 29th and 30th, 2016, and tickets go on sale from RoyalAlbertHall.com, Ticketmaster.co.uk, Seetickets.com, and Stargreen.com, on Friday. Please note, there is a limit of four tickets per person across all the shows (so, not four tickets per person, per show).

Hopefully another presale code finds its way on Boards.ie :D

All done , happy days !! presale code is 22185 .. book direct with the royal albert hall >>> https://tickets.royalalberthall.com/production/46621

Cheers Exilec!

As a result of your post I've just got a ticket for fri sept 30th.

Thanks again!

Cheers Exilec!

As a result of your post I've just got a ticket for fri sept 30th.

Thanks again!

No problem ! Some kind soul posted up a link for this Septembers gig up earlier in the year and thats how i got going this year , so its nice to do the same . I got Sunday tickets .. delighted !

Here's one of my shots from 24th Sept 2015.

157E5803A451469E80EE8FA92C4F2962-0000360871-0003804050-00800L-56AFBF794A5A46578BEF3A0FA7246345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I see that there were cheaper tickets (£100 stg) for this year's gig from a previous post but only see premium tickets (£253 upwards) when I use the presale code above. Does anyone know if the more affordable tickets are only available through General Sale tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I see that there were cheaper tickets (£100 stg) for this year's gig from a previous post but only see premium tickets (£253 upwards) when I use the presale code above. Does anyone know if the more affordable tickets are only available through General Sale tomorrow?

Got access to full range of tickets and picked up two for Sunday night

Huge thanks to OP

Advertisement