Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Gilmour UK Tour Sept

Options
  • 27-02-2015 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭

David Gilmour formally of Pink Floyd will be touring extensively from May till October, starting off with the UK in May and working his way around the world taking on a European leg of Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, US, Canada, US again and back to the UK for five nights in September in Manchester, London and Glasgow, it would be nice if he could fit in a standalone gig in Dublin somewhere, surely theres a venue capable of taking on a David Gilmour gig. It looks like he is off to South America after that. Has he played solo in Ireland before? did he tour About Face in 1984 or subsequent solo albums. I remember the RDS turning Pink Floyd down for playing a show there in 1988 for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, it clashed with a horse riding competition or very near it, the Floyd technicians offered to rebuild part of the area in time for the competition but the RDS authorities declined, so Ireland had to travel to Manchester and London that year to see Pink Floyd, I made it to the Manchester gig. I know Waters has been here numerous times now but not much of Gilmour.

http://www.davidgilmourtour.com/tour-dates.html

Edit: I see that he played the National Stadium in Dublin on March 31st and Belfast, Whitla Hall 2nd April 1984. And that looks to be the last time Gilmour did actually play in Ireland, he hasn't played in 31 years, thats nuts.
    Just got more info on the venue for the Floyd 1988 Dublin gig. August 10, 1988 - Jumping Arena, Royal Dublin Showgrounds, Dublin, Republic of Ireland (cancelled) I think thats the original name for the RDS - Jumping Arena.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Finally !! Bridewater hall gig in manchester was amazing gig .. Will defo travel again for that !! Hopefully he plays the grand canal too..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Venues don't seem too big at all. Would be interested see which ones are on a weekend for a weekend trip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Glasgow venue seems to have a capacity of 1,100, that would be a good one. A lot seem to be around the 2000-2500 mark, BGE Theatre would be perfect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow is a superb venue.
    He played there on the On An Island tour.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

I saw him in the Stadium in 84 and the last night at the RAH in 06. Two great gigs, I had tickets for the PF show here in 88 but ended up going to Wembley. The show in the RAH was stunning with Echoes the standout. Looks like it's back to the UK for me if these dates are confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

Was at stadium too, great gig. Mick Ralph's on guitar too and billy Bragg supported

rednik wrote: »
    I saw him in the Stadium in 84 and the last night at the RAH in 06. Two great gigs, I had tickets for the PF show here in 88 but ended up going to Wembley. The show in the RAH was stunning with Echoes the standout. Looks like it's back to the UK for me if these dates are confirmed.

Was at stadium too, great gig. Mick Ralph's on guitar too and billy Bragg supported

Comfortably Numb on the white strat with the crowd moving up to the front of the stage. Great memories.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Be great if he crossed the water:cool:

Royal Albert Hall confirmed for Sept 23rd 24th & 25th. I just booked for the Friday night usingthe code 19005 on the RAH website

Royal Albert Hall confirmed for Sept 23rd 24th & 25th. I just booked for the Friday night usingthe code 19005 on the RAH website

all sorted , thank you so much for the heads up !!! R.A.H here i come !!

• Advertisement

Using my phone here so cannot link. Go to the a fleeting glimpse website and follow the link from there using the code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Using my phone here so cannot link. Go to the a fleeting glimpse website and follow the link from there using the code
    Cheers Rednik! Just picked up two tickets for the Friday too.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seems the presale has finished?

poundhound wrote: »
    Seems the presale has finished?

I just tried the link again from a fleeting glimpse and tickets are available. Don't forget the code 19005.

On the RAH site? It's not even showing the Gilmour dates?

On the RAH site? It's not even showing the Gilmour dates?

Follow the link from the a fleeting glimpse website.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

+44 20 7589 8212
    Press 2 for Sales
    Code 19005

Got Ciaran in box office nice Irish lad recommended seats for me. They have all 3 nights available as of 11am this morning.

Shaking with excitement

Cheers Rednik for the heads up.

I got a ticket for the Thursday night as the seating options were better at the time of purchase.

If anyone comes across any hotel deals, please share.

Excited already.

Cheers Rednik for the heads up.

I got a ticket for the Thursday night as the seating options were better at the time of purchase.

If anyone comes across any hotel deals, please share.

Excited already.
    Booking.com seemed to be the cheapest for me ... spent hours checking..! going kensington fairly cheap ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Would he not be playing solo stuff mainly? £70 is pretty steep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would he not be playing solo stuff mainly? £70 is pretty steep...

Probably first half the new stuff and the second half will probably be classics, Floyd back catalogue, stuff from the Island record and stuff like Until We Sleep and the like.

2 dates added, however all 5 now sold out.

2 dates added, however all 5 now sold out.

He will enjoy his birthday today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would have loved to go to one of the UK shows but had rent to pay this week so will probably miss out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The ticket sale was insane. Got a ticket for the last night 3rd October thankfully. Cant wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Tickets were far too expensive. Almost 100 quid minimum for half a gig of Pink Floyd songs? With add travel expenses? No thank you. Personally I couldn't care less about his solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tickets were far too expensive. Almost 100 quid minimum for half a gig of Pink Floyd songs? With add travel expenses? No thank you. Personally I couldn't care less about his solo stuff.

Expensive alright, but the fact that he tours very seldom and its always been a dream of mine to see him, makes it worth it. No point in looking back in 20 years and wishing I'd paid the bit extra.

I agree it's expensive, however It's not just a David Gilmour gig, it's a David Gilmour gig at the Royal Albert Hall.

The venue holds approx 5,500 people, so hearing him play in such an intimate and prestigious venue, makes this an experience, more than just a concert.

Although not a gig, looks like David & Polly will visit Ireland.

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/david-gilmour-and-polly-samson-appearing-at-writing-fes.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Saw him on the On An Island tour at the Royal Albert Hall and it was fantastic. A gig that will always be in my favourites list. The venue is beautiful and Im glad I got to see him there with Rick Wright in the band. (I wasnt at the night Nick Mason showed up).

Advertisement