Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite sweeties?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I have one sugar free mint per day.

But I thought unless it grows in a field or ****s in a field its not for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Sherbert lemons, foam bananas, flying saucers, fruit pastilles, haribo starmix/tangfastic, fizzy strawberry laces.

Fuck I need to sort my life out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Did anyone like white/pink mice? I wasn't a fan, would eat the white ones the odd time.

Haven't seen them in years.

Loved the white mice . I seen them in the pic n mix lately in xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Fizzy chips. Loved them. Also strawberry liquorice.

I hate Percy pigs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Anything made with jelly or sherbet

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Moam stripes... So zingy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Purple versions of everything- purple Skittles, purple fruit pastilles, purple jelly beans, purple jelly babies. Purple!!!

I must be the only person on the planet, but I love parma violets. Everyone tells me they taste like perfume. If it was a perfume, id drink

Ihatecuddles loves them too.

I realise that incredibly stalkerish of me, but for some reason I remember that little detail! I think it was because when she said it, I though she was the only who liked them!

I had a couple of fruit polos yesterday. A very underrated sweet.

Otherwise skittles, crispy M&Ms, haribo rings or goldibears.

I rarely eat sweets. It would be a weird thing for me to get a craving for but I'd eat some of someone else's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Rawr

Pre-Nestle Yorkie Bar.

Ahh, the good old Rowentrees variety that was more akin to a cocoa house-brick than anything else. The many teeth-shattering table-smashing hours required to break off a segment was truely worth the delightful milky-cocoa taste you'd get while it melted in your mouth.

Wouldn't touch it these days however. It's a pathetic chunk of pre-melted Nestle sadness now.

But Cola Bottles....aahhhh....I would eat those until my blood sugar was mostly Cola Bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Dolly mixtures...nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Skittles all the way! Myself and my friend used to buy a large bag of skittles, choc m&ms and smarties and empty them all into the one bowl. A surprise every time :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Have to give another vote for skittles. Jeez, I'd eat them all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

mushu wrote: »
    Skittles all the way! Myself and my friend used to buy a large bag of skittles, choc m&ms and smarties and empty them all into the one bowl. A surprise every time :)

That sounds good!! (Adds skittles, m&ms and smarties to the shopping list)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

That sounds good!! (Adds skittles, m&ms and smarties to the shopping list)

It's soo good. Was made better by the location of consumption. We were receptionists at a gym. All of the people coming in trying to lose weight & get fit were met by two young ones stuffing their gobs with sweets. Ice cream if it was summer :) Good times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

LOVE JELLIES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Did anyone like white/pink mice? I wasn't a fan, would eat the white ones the odd time.

Haven't seen them in years.

Most places that do pick and mix (cinemas, Tesco, etc.) do them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

BDJW wrote: »
    Most places that do pick and mix (cinemas, Tesco, etc.) do them!

Must keep an eye out and see if they're still manky!! :D

Can you still get the old-style false teeth anywhere? They used to be less squidgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tubs do them. http://www.tubssweets.com/portfolio-view/feugiat-vitae-leo/ sold in every petrol station and newsagent these days.
    kylith wrote: »
    Can you still get the old-style false teeth anywhere? They used to be less squidgy.
    I know one place that does them but I'm not telling anyone!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Take that back....they are lovely, not manky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Did anyone ever have Northumberland fudge? I had it once as a kid and it was glorious. Ugly lumps of deliciousness covered in chocolate. Mmmm. Haven't seen it since the 90s :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Liquorice allsorts, liquorice pipes, liquorice toffee, etc.

I love liquorice
    There's a liquorice shop near where I live. I love it! Sometimes they do a buy one get one half price. Or a buy one get one for a cent. It's pretty good. Not a huge selection, but ok considering.

They seem to sell other things like nuts and vitamins and protein and stuff. I don't know. Primarily liquorice though.

smash wrote: »
    I know one place that does them but I'm not telling anyone!!!!
    Either tell me where it is or become my supplier!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

one of the biggest cruelties of life is that;

when you were young, you wanted all the sweets but couldn't afford them.

now you can afford them, you know you shouldn't and therefore don't eat them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I must be the only person on the planet, but I love parma violets. Everyone tells me they taste like perfume. If it was a perfume, id drink it.

I also love those sugary bananas and jelly burgers you used to get on holidays. They have them in lidl now :)

You're not. I LOVE parma violets. :)

And Tangfastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Fizzy Chewits, but they stopped making them. Another example how just everything is going to sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Rolos. And JellyTots.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Rolos. And JellyTots.

Heyor! Get out! Rolo is choccy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Rawr wrote: »
    Pre-Nestle Yorkie Bar.

Ahh, the good old Rowentrees variety that was more akin to a cocoa house-brick than anything else. The many teeth-shattering table-smashing hours required to break off a segment was truely worth the delightful milky-cocoa taste you'd get while it melted in your mouth.

Wouldn't touch it these days however. It's a pathetic chunk of pre-melted Nestle sadness now.

My first boyfriend broke up with me, coz I used to whack them off his head to break the squares up. I kept them in the freezer (I HATE warm, soft, room temperature chocolate) so God love him, I was hitting rock hard bars of chocolate off his poor aul noggin.

When he complained to his mother about me, her response was " Sure what else is your hard head useful for? " G'wan mammy ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

hfallada wrote: »
    Piggies from M&S are amazing. Although super expensive these days. I also love Lemon Sherbets and Bon Bons.

I dont know why dont really have much sweets here compared to the US and Germany. If you walk into a German version of Boots. There will like 50 versions of Haribos and dozens of other sweets. All we get is a not so nice version of Caburys

I don't know where you are in Germany but I know Müller, the main one on Sonnenstraße in Munich is Haribo Heaven as you walk in!!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement