Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Carpentry wrote: »
    How fcuking stupid you have to be doing straight in parking when the only way you could do it is parallel parking. Drives me fcuking crazy when I see it. No wonder half the country has their bumper corners scratched to bits.

I love the bit at the end when she gets out,has a look to see that she's not completely blocking the road then walks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

oleras wrote: »
    I think she had an imaginary trailer.

The driver asked me to move back, I only had around 6" before a kerb, but i moved back anyway.

What's the old saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The driver asked me to move back, I only had around 6" before a kerb, but i moved back anyway.

Oh...Sweet...Jesus...!
    That epitomizes what is wrong with the driving culture on Irish roads, some just don't have a fcuking clue and don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Parallel Parking isn't actually on the driving syllabus. Or wasn't when I started anyway.

It's non-obvious that you drive up to the car in front and then reverse in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,276 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dartz wrote: »
    Parallel Parking isn't actually on the driving syllabus. Or wasn't when I started anyway.

It's non-obvious that you drive up to the car in front and then reverse in.

It’s completely bloody obvious. I could do it as a toddler on a plastic tractor. Backing a feckin’ plastic trailer. Nobody told me how. I figured it out. And I’m not even a bogger!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

White Merc irritated the lane 3 folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

So many lane changes and so little progress from everyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Christ almighty! What an awful attempt at parking. Little does she realise that she could have just reversed in and saved herself and yourself the hassle. What's worrying is the eventual result - she couldn't even park the bloody thing straight. Silly woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

jimbis wrote: »
    So many lane changes and so little progress from everyone :rolleyes:

Choose your lane in traffic and pretty much stick to it. If you are taking an exit soon then either be in the left or middle. All the lane changes just causes unnecessary braking. Does my head in.

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Christ almighty! What an awful attempt at parking. Little does she realise that she could have just reversed in and saved herself and yourself the hassle. What's worrying is the eventual result - she couldn't even park the bloody thing straight. Silly woman!
    Quite scary when you have to consider that she will then be driving at up to 120kmh in a forward direction, while having such poor knowledge of how the car steers!
    Does she know that the rear wheels take a slightly different track to the front ones during a turn for example.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Watching that video stresses me out, the daily clusterfcuk that is the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

DashCam Vid 15.11.17 - Learner driver needs more learning - Professional driver...err.. needs more learning...

Could the taxi driver actually be reported? Not for anything crazy, just for some sort of a warning.

It may not look like a stepped on the brake for either, but trust me, I had to, especially on the taxi one. I was already kind of slow coming from the roundabout so didn't need to slow down as much for the truck.

Also a minor one to take notice is the Ssangyong silver taxi that was turning left like he was this overcompensating from right lane to turn left :confused::confused: :
    new-19-full-212.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Am I missing something about the truck driver? He was taking the third exit, and indicated properly. But you decided to attempt an undertake on a roundabout to beat him to the exit? Ridiculous.

Am I missing something about the truck driver? He was taking the third exit, and indicated properly. But you decided to attempt an undertake on a roundabout to beat him to the exit? Ridiculous.

Actually meant to ask about this. He was on the inside lane of the roundabout, were they not meant to take the right lane at the exit as well? If not, then my bad for posting him up :pac: :pac: . Wasn't really planning on undertaking. He was still clear in front of me, just got a bit shocked when he turned into my direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I don't see what the taxi driver did wrong either, correctly indicated to switch lanes, probably after the passenger said "sorry T1 not T2".

Isambard wrote: »
    I don't see what the taxi driver did wrong either, correctly indicated to switch lanes, probably after the passenger said "sorry T1 not T2".

Well the taxi driver was right beside me when he went into the lane where I was.. Had to brake a bit hard to avoid collision.. Also, if you notice on the very right of the video, he knocked off his indicator after switching to the lane on my right. If he was still indicating left, I probably would have let him pass, I honestly usually do. But it was off so I thought he was staying there, then he did a steer and flick maneuver going into my lane.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I had a lady absolutely lose her sh1t at me one day over this.
    She joined the two-laned roundabout after me, decided to floor it and attempt to undertake me to get off the roundabout first and of course, I was not expecting her to be where she was, she pulled back to avoid the crash and then brake tests me to shout out the window at me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I presume the two lane roundabout had lane markings indicating that you could also got straight ahead without changing lanes.

Without them you're meant to use the left lane for taking any exit at or before 12 O'clock.
    Going straight ahead (or any exit to the left of 12 o’clock)
    Approach in the lefthand lane (unless road markings say otherwise) but do not indicate ‘left’ until you have passed the exit before the one you intend to take. Where traffic conditions dictate otherwise for example a long line of traffic in left lane signalling left or road works in the left lane, you may follow the course shown by the broken red line.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Road%20Safety/Leaflets/Leaf_booklets/Roundabouts_DL_2012_v3.pdf

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    I presume the two lane roundabout had lane markings indicating that you could also got straight ahead without changing lanes.

Without them you're meant to use the left lane for taking any exit at or before 12 O'clock.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Road%20Safety/Leaflets/Leaf_booklets/Roundabouts_DL_2012_v3.pdf

For exits 12 o'clock or earlier, I always take the left lane unless the left lane had markings to say that the lane was for the first exit(left). This is because most roundabouts that I encounter that have two lanes entry have two lanes at exit, meaning I would be on the overtaking lane upon exit had I taken the right lane at entry which is not really ideal for motorists around me as I have a big fat mammywagon that can't accelerate for sh1t :o:o . On the other hand, the truck was going back the same road they had gone in, so I'm sure the left lane rule doesn't apply to them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

For exits 12 o'clock or earlier, I always take the left lane unless the left lane had markings to say that the lane was for the first exit(left). This is because most roundabouts that I encounter that have two lanes entry have two lanes at exit, meaning I would be on the overtaking lane upon exit had I taken the right lane at entry which is not really ideal for motorists around me as I have a big fat mammywagon that can't accelerate for sh1t :o:o . On the other hand, the truck was going back the same road they had gone in, so I'm sure the left lane rule doesn't apply to them.

You were certainly correct on that one. I always find it shocking the amount of people who don't follow the keep left rule on roundabouts and are surprised when a car is on their left whilst exiting.

liamog wrote: »
    You were certainly correct on that one. I always find it shocking the amount of people who don't follow the keep left rule on roundabouts and are surprised when a car is on their left whilst exiting.

The black passat on the video with the truck was on my right and took the 12 o'clock exit too. Don't know though if these signs meant that one could've just taken the right lane for going 12 o'clock as well? I would still take the left lane for said reason above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Most of the roundabouts in Waterford city are right-hand lane for 2nd exit . Its well signposted but there is often confusion on them

• Registered Users Posts: 15,896 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yea unless you go into Ballymount ind est from m50!
    I got caught there the other day, stayed in left lane as I wanted to go straight but when you get to the roundabout that isn't even a roundabout you realise you are in a left turning lane. Now I'm not familiar with it, so maybe I'm wrong, but there is either no signage there or it is poor, also doesn't help when you are behind a big truck so can't really see the lay of the road ahead and there are always lots of trucks in ind ests!

I find that to be a common feedback on Irish roads, too much reliance on lane markings instead of signs. It makes it difficult when driving in new areas in heavy traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Think the L plates are missing there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

ffs... what was her issue?
    Yeah Yeah she might have felt under a bit of pressure with the traffic and didn't want to parallel reverse park blah blah blah..
    But why didn't she throw 'her' up on the wee low kerb and drop her into place THANK YOU I'LL HEAD ON SHOPPING NOW.
    LMAO

shhhhhhhh lads say nothin, just lettin you know when I say her I mean the car. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

YOU MAKE YOUR MOVE YOU MAKE YOUR MOVE
    YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE
    :P

Just kiddin :cool:, anyway that messin must put those motobike guys(noticed one in your vid)under some stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

ffs... what was her issue?
    Yeah Yeah she might have felt under a bit of pressure with the traffic and didn't want to parallel reverse park blah blah blah..
    But why didn't she throw 'her' up on the wee low kerb and drop her into place THANK YOU I'LL HEAD ON SHOPPING NOW.
    LMAO

shhhhhhhh lads say nothin, just lettin you know when I say her I mean the car. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Looks like George's Quay, there's rarely traffic down there
    Dreadful parking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement